Check your account email address ×

US economy is barely growing: Korn Ferry CEO

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

MmHmm. I’m wanting to relocate to Minneapolis to be closer to my kid. 

I’m thinking about retiring at 50, buying a sailboat and sailing around the world. 

See how easy that is?  Post back when you do it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I’m thinking about retiring at 50, buying a sailboat and sailing around the world. 

50 is awfully young. Statistics show that on average, men die within 18 months of retirement. Heart, cancer, stroke, or suicide. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

50 is awfully young. Statistics show that on average, men die within 18 months of retirement. Heart, cancer, stroke, or suicide. 

Fuckin I’m not retiring until 65 for sure. I’d go squirrelly. Anything after 10 days off work in a row anxiety takes over. 

Working keeps you young too. 

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

No you haven’t. 

Yep.

5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Another yep.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Statistics you say?  

Just now, frenchy said:

Fuckin I’m not retiring until 65 for sure. I’d go squirrelly. Anything after 10 days off work in a row anxiety takes over. 

Working keeps you young too. 

I bought this place two years ago next month. It’s not as though I’m rooted in. I haven’t as much as planted a hosta. My daughter is building a free standing building for her business. She’ll have something for me to do. Daughters always enjoy having their crazy fathers sniffing around their girlfriends. 

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Home sales are nuts here. Stuff is going for 20% above appraised value. Back to bidding wars. I’ve thought about selling and grabbing something when it comes unhinged. 

I sold my least desirable rental not long ago . going to take the hit on tax unless my guy has a,way around that have not talked to him yet . planning on a FL or AZ condo or 3 those markets always crash first . think we have to wait till the election results to see what is going to happen.  if a dem wins guarenteed hard and fast crash . if Donny wins a much less knee jerk to get the fuck out . like you said just like 08

Edited by Ez ryder

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I bought this place two years ago next month. It’s not as though I’m rooted in. I haven’t as much as planted a hosta. My daughter is building a free standing building for her business. She’ll have something for me to do. Daughters always enjoy having their crazy fathers sniffing around their girlfriends. 

Well you better get on it. As you say it’s coming so you only have a few months to take down the Royce Gracie and Anderson Silva  posters, get a stager in and paint over the shirtless Joe Rogan mural on your bedroom ceiling and get her on the market! 

Edited by frenchy

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

Well you better get on it. As you say it’s coming so you only have a few months to take down the Royce Gracie and Anderson Silver  posters, get a stager in and paint over the shirtless Joe Rogan mural on your bedroom ceiling and get her on the market! 

:lol:

I’m glad you are posting here again.  ahahahahhahhahhahhahahahahha

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ewwww....and :lol:

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I beat that at 21 months.

The first indicator is new car sales dropping

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Well you better get on it. As you say it’s coming so you only have a few months to take down the Royce Gracie and Anderson Silva  posters, get a stager in and paint over the shirtless Joe Rogan mural on your bedroom ceiling and get her on the market! 

How do you get the tape residue off the walls? 

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s so pathetic that you want a crash just to push Trump out. What’s the matter are you afraid non of the morons running against him can beat him 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It’s so pathetic that you want a crash just to push Trump out. What’s the matter are you afraid non of the morons running against him can beat him 

Lets be clear.....none of those morons stand a chance of beating him. :lol:  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s the dems race to lose. 

Hate sells well to the ignorant, weak and emotionally charged.  Still, I think you’ll all fall short.  

But then again, Obama was re-elected so.....

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

So you got less than a year :snack:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Just like early “08. 

Sorry a recession is inevitable but it will not be a repeat of 08.  

We've seen a check up on orders thru the end of the year but have new products coming into production as well. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

We've seen a check up on orders thru the end of the year but have new products coming into production as well. 

It could be as bad or worse than 08

The debt levels are far worse now and the fed has less ability to bail us out

We are going to see stimulus on a level never dreamed of.

Reverse interest rates , helicopter money , gigantic federal stimulus and corruption so amazingly egregious it will make you sick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Reverse interest rates , helicopter money , gigantic federal stimulus and corruption so amazingly egregious it will make you sick

This I 100% agree with. But lets address why this a problem at all. In 2008 they should’ve let all these bad banks and companies fail. Instead Bush and then Obama propped them up. They basically stole all the  Real estate from people who defaulted, they kept the properties and also got paid by the federal government on the American taxpayer dollar for their losses. The government should have seized those assets if they were going to prop the banks up and pay them for their losses. The banks double dipped they got paid it kept the properties and re-sold them. Why did this happen, in my eyes it’s because the banks own our government and all of our politicians!! 

to me it seems like they crashed the market on purpose!!!

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

This I 100% agree with. But lets address why this a problem at all. In 2008 they should’ve let all these bad banks and companies fail. Instead Bush and then Obama propped them up. They basically stole all the  Real estate from people who defaulted, they kept the properties and also got paid by the federal government on the American taxpayer dollar for their losses. The government should have seized those assets if they were going to prop the banks up and pay them for their losses. The banks double dipped they got paid it kept the properties and re-sold them. Why did this happen, in my eyes it’s because the banks own our government and all of our politicians!! 

to me it seems like they crashed the market on purpose!!!

Hoover had a very “hands off” “let the banks fail” approach.  How’d that work out?  

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

Hoover had a very “hands off” “let the banks fail” approach.  How’d that work out?  

Some say the great depression was done on purpose as well. People got rich back then as well. You can’t have it both ways or as they say talk out of both sides of your mouth. You either support the bail outs or you don’t. 

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the global debt levels are astronomical. 

Edited by spin_dry

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

x's 2

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

wrong

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We’ve never had an economic downturn based on nat’l debt levels.  It takes investors worrying about the G’ment’s ability to pay.  Not saying it couldn’t happen but, the US is still a leader on this ability.  

Consumer debt levels are a better indicator.  High debt and an economic downturn and....OOOOPS!!!

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the global debt levels are astronomical.