Check your account email address ×

US economy is barely growing: Korn Ferry CEO

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course its coming. When was the last time the turn of the decade didn't bring a correction with it?

Spinner is the Al Gore of economic downturns.  "It's coming....it's coming....It's coming....It's coming....."it's coming....the science is settled!!"

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's busy as hell around here...a lot of new construction, renovations and everybody looking for help.

same here. Contractors biggest complaint is lack of good quality labor.

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I'll send them your way

i  bet none of my subs would pass if you sprung one on them.  fuck I would not pass I got high a few times this weekend 

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course its coming. When was the last time the turn of the decade didn't bring a correction with it?

Massive corporate debt and spiraling deficits will make this one an interesting ride. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Just like early “08. 

Yep.  Housing will be the first to go this time.  Shadow mortgage companies will have a lot to suck up when this thing goes.  Autos are already headed into slowdown with pricing.

Sad thing this time is all the shoddy flip homes.  Those things will be in need of serious work after the next slow ride.  Repairs will be more than paint and tile.  It is crazy how much money has been made in that gig.  I honestly wonder what some of these peeps are doing for taxes.  Good news will be the ease in finding paint and tile repair help in the near future.

I wish it wasn't coming, but I know better. 

1 minute ago, favoritos said:

Yep.  Housing will be the first to go this time.  Shadow mortgage companies will have a lot to suck up when this thing goes.  Autos are already headed into slowdown with pricing.

Sad thing this time is all the shoddy flip homes.  Those things will be in need of serious work after the next slow ride.  Repairs will be more than paint and tile.  It is crazy how much money has been made in that gig.  I honestly wonder what some of these peeps are doing for taxes.  Good news will be the ease in finding paint and tile repair help in the near future.

I wish it wasn't coming, but I know better. 

Home sales are nuts here. Stuff is going for 20% above appraised value. Back to bidding wars. I’ve thought about selling and grabbing something when it comes unhinged. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Home sales are nuts here. Stuff is going for 20% above appraised value. Back to bidding wars. I’ve thought about selling and grabbing something when it comes unhinged. 

No you haven’t.