Check your account email address ×

You know what I miss?

Anler

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Had some buds I grew up with, that moved out of state, come to visit for my daughter's wedding. We laughed our asses off at all the times we got let off or should of died.  You could never get away with that shit today.  Great times!

Fuck...no shit.  We get together and I send my daughter to spend the night somewhere.  She doesn't need to hear this shit at all.

Sad thing is now, one fuck up as a kid and your life could be over or dented pretty bad.  Fun is illegal now.

24 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

1/2 ounces of smoke (all leaf) were $17.50. i think alot of things were $17.50 for some reason. like concert tickets.

First concert I went to was zz top at Alpine valley. I think the tickets were $12...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fucking small town living where you could get busted speeding, all rolled up in smoke and beer cans, being under age and just get told to go home for the night.  :lol:

I can remember a trooper following us home to make sure we got there safely.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I can remember a trooper following us home to make sure we got there safely.

HOLY FUCK!!! Me too.  Well, our local PD anyway.  He let me swing by and drop my buddy off on the way too.  :lmao:That shit now would cost him his career these days. 

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Had some buds I grew up with, that moved out of state, come to visit for my daughter's wedding. We laughed our asses off at all the times we got let off or should of died.  You could never get away with that shit today.  Great times!

No doubt. The worse thing that happened was they made you dump out the beer or your bag of weed. 

My buddy was so drunk once he got out of the car and fell flat on his face. The cop laughed, looked at me and said "you're driving now" - and we left. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck...no shit.  We get together and I send my daughter to spend the night somewhere.  She doesn't need to hear this shit at all.

Sad thing is now, one fuck up as a kid and your life could be over or dented pretty bad.  Fun is illegal now.

My son is 18 . . I think he was in shock.

:lol:

He was thinking his dad was always this uptight conservative. Kept stressing different times back then . :lmao:

Just now, Edmo said:

No doubt. The worse thing that happened was they made you dump out the beer or your bag of weed. 

My buddy was so drunk once he got out of the car and fell flat on his face. The cop laughed, looked at me and said "you're driving now" - and we left. :lol: 

Crashed a car with beer all over me , from everyone in the car spilling it on me . Got a ride home from the cop. We went back later and stole the cooler full of beer out of the police impound. Still chilling in the trunk.

Just now, Cold War said:

My son is 18 . . I think he was in shock.

:lol:

He was thinking his dad was always this uptight conservative. Kept stressing different times back then . :lmao:

We had a little "shin dig" a month or so ago and I had one too many and decided my daughter could come out and listen with a couple of her friends while we told "campfire stories".  Shit...I'd look over at her and she'd either be laughing her ass off or paying dead attention to whomever was telling the story.  It was funny.  Our kids don't ever think we knew how to have fun back in the "olden days".  Just like we thought our parents didn't.  :lmao:

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Loved Dokken.  Got a bunch downloaded lol . Also big inspiration for me in playing guitar 

Lynch was the shit.  I liked Dokken too.  Never thought they got the airplay they deserved though.  Think I saw them with Crue back than also.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Edmo said:

dump it out? my mom dated a St Paul cop for yrs. he brought me bags of fireworks  and all kinds of loose joints and dime bags he would take off the kids .

cant tell u how many warnings and what are u fucking stupid's I got from cops back in the day . will not happen like that ever again. they bring there mom in for suspicion of drunk driving   

BTW just last week I was up at a buds  in N WI smoking some kind with his neighbor a retired Mpls homicide detective . cops now are for the most parts dicks. but hey we did it to our self .  

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lynch was the shit.  I liked Dokken too.  Never thought they got the airplay they deserved though.  Think I saw them with Crue back than also.

Crue was awesome. Loved the old shit only  . Live Wire, looks that kill,essentially they kicked ass when they looked gay :lol:

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Hearing stories from my parents generation makes me a bit jealous that they got to grow up in a simpler time with a better economy, more lax party scene, etc., but then I'd be riding some POS skidoo MX or TNT or something instead of the almighty E-tec, so it's give and take. :bc:

Ya you wouldnt want to bruise your uterus or something....

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Fucking small town living where you could get busted speeding, all rolled up in smoke and beer cans, being under age and just get told to go home for the night.  :lol:

lol. Story of my teenage yrs! " If I see this truck out again, your goin down. Go home!"

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

People say weed is so much better now. I don't know, that Thai stick and the Columbia gold we used to get was real good stuff.

:bc: 

It didn't have the THC content that some of the stuff has now, but it was potent and people would roll a nice hog leg that was passed around until the whole doob was smoked until it was a little roach to swallow :smoke:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

First concert I went to was zz top at Alpine valley. I think the tickets were $12...

I went to my first Dave Matthews concert at alpine at like 18YO was a blast. Security checking for weapons but didn't care the guy in front of me had a pipe and a big bag of weed. Was a learning experience. had good pavilion seats and hooked up with a random chick who grabbed my ass. :thumb:

Long story short i now work for the company who owns Alpine among many other companies. I have credentials can do what i want at many venues.:bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sure were a lot of weird smells at those Floyd concerts.  Wonder what all that was about?  :lmao:

I don't remember most of the Floyd concert I went to other then it was probably the best concert I'll ever see. Thousands and thousands of people all tripping balls in the parking lot of the Silver Dome. So bad we hardly could make it inside.