Check your account email address ×

GM and rust.

BMW has a 12 year rust warranty.  My 08 doesn't have a bit a rust anywhere. My new 340 has what looks like cosmoline inside the door panels??? You can see it in the drain holes in the bottom of the door.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

BMW has a 12 year rust warranty.  My 08 doesn't have a bit a rust anywhere. My new 340 has what looks like cosmoline inside the door panels??? You can see it in the drain holes in the bottom of the door.  

My 07 is clean as a whistle top and bottom. 130k miles. My 11 also. 140k and nothing. My 11 F-150? :lmao:

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

Jimmy Pouts could flinstone brake  his truck 

It hasnt had rocker panels in a  decade :lol: 

:lol:  Poor innocent snowflake everyone picks on him. 

17 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

My son has a '97 Camry that just started rusting in one spot 3 years ago and has spent it's whole life in WI and MN. All I'm saying is that from what I've observed, domestics rust considerably faster than foreign. Don't think I've ever seen a rusty Tundra.

No doubt.  My 09 MB was German designed but built in the US, didnt have a spec of rust on it, over 150k miles.  It helps if they are manufactured with some freaking corrosion protection from the factory.  For what a new vehicle costs these days, its a crime imo.

6 minutes ago, s pump said:

Right? Just found out my current truck has an extended warranty and free oil changes for the first 60,000 miles. Nice little bonus.

X2 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No doubt.  My 09 MB was German designed but built in the US, didnt have a spec of rust on it, over 150k miles.  It helps if they are manufactured with some freaking corrosion protection from the factory.  For what a new vehicle costs these days, its a crime imo.

X2 

Jimmy brings it on himself, 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

X2 

Innocent....me....nope. Admitted many times I’m an asshole but you’re the twat that wanted a truce and then denied it and then kept running your old piss flaps....Honesty Mark....try it sometime...it will set you free!!! :green:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

26 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I think Toyota is the only one who's ever had a recall for rust if you want to talk about domestic versus imports.

most newer vehicles you see that rust have had a panel replaced or repaired improperly before

Yeah, because they actually give a shit about their customers versus just continuing to fuck you over and over again like Ram, Chevy, and Ford. :snack:

14 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah, because they actually give a shit about their customers versus just continuing to fuck you over and over again like Ram, Chevy, and Ford. :snack:

actually they were forced to by the government and they had no choice because rear frame sections were falling apart and shocks we're being jettisoned through box floors :lol:

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Innocent....me....nope. Admitted many times I’m an asshole but you’re the twat that wanted a truce and then denied it and then kept running your old piss flaps....Honesty Mark....try it sometime...it will set you free!!! :green:

Wrong you stupid lazy insufferable fuck, those were Toms words.  I said Id be happy to coexist if you would shut your mouth, but you had to keep chirping in my direction, so game on.  You gonna cry to John?  My only goal was for others to recognize that you are a fucking douchebag.  Mission accomplished.  See if you might get some work done today.  Ive already done this morning more than you probably have all week.  Seriously, do you actually work, or is it something you just pretend to do?

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wrong you stupid lazy insufferable fuck, those were Toms words.  I said Id be happy to coexist if you would shut your mouth, but you had to keep chirping in my direction, so game on.  You gonna cry to John?  My only goal was for others to recognize that you are a fucking douchebag.  Mission accomplished.  See if you might get some work done today.  Ive already done this morning more than you probably have all week.  Seriously, do you actually work, or is it something you just pretend to do?

I’ll guarantee you’ve been way more productive in the crying department today than I have for months and I work everyday despite your assertions otherwise...see there’s that truth thing giving you trouble again...be better Marky Marky! :thumbsup:

Oh and Mark...considering what you did to Rob and FS1 you might want to tone down the crying to the site owner rhetoric....ok....good talk! :salute:

5 hours ago, irv said:

Imo, it is imperative now that every vehicle get undercoated/rust proofed annually or at least semi annually. As has been mentioned, shitty/thin metal seems to be the norm today and with ever changing formulas in ice/road clearing products, it is a must have! 

What's the best procedure nowadays - fluid film?

Many different products are offered in Michigan for vehicle rust prevention, wax based , fluid film , grease based , etc.  There is a shop in the sticks outside of Munising , MI  that has a  heated  type  coating that was copied from the D.O.D. Lots of county vehicles + school buses , new car dealer vehicles get the treatment  , he is always busy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You are a bottom feeder in the financial services industry. A 22 year old girl is better versed in financial products than are you. Go shit in your hat you douche.

• Haha 1

All mine are rusty.  Domestic, imports, doesn't matter.  Couple winters in the Twin Cities Salt Flats and driving gravel roads daily will make anything rusty. 

Paint on the body and e-coat on the frame gets chipped eventually and will start rusting away.  Rust repair is just a game of whack-a-mole.  Aluminum/plastic is what all car bodies should be made of.

Its why we don't spend much on vehicles.  Between all the salt, gravel road dust, rust, dog hair, etc., I couldn't imagine spending what some people do on vehicles.  

Just now, hwytohell said:

Tuff - Kote Dinol , Ziebart , Wax-all proofing , Rusty - Jones , Tuff - Clad , Texaco rust preventive , just to name a few that are around .

Those are still around...haven't heard some of those names in years. 

6 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

What's the best procedure nowadays - fluid film?

Up here we have Rust Check and Krown. Some swear one over the other but I like both with a slight lean towards Rust Check. I believe Fluid Film sells a kit that comes with spray nozzles and everything else you need minus the compressor of course. 

State side, I have read of a few products that are suppose to work well but their names escape me? Check out Bob is the Oil guy site and do some searching or join. Lots of great tips and videos within. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

230,000 on the Toyota Sienna. Not as much as a speck of rust. The underside is clean. The hood and front fenders have the typical nicks after so many miles but no rust. I’m actually thinking about new struts, brakes, and rear shocks before winter. This thing could be around awhile. Best $2000 I ever spent. 

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

230,000 on the Toyota Sienna. Not as much as a speck of rust. The underside is clean. The hood and front fenders have the typical nicks after so many miles but no rust. I’m actually thinking about new struts, brakes, and rear shocks before winter. This thing could be around awhile. Best $2000 I ever spent. 

Clearly you suck dick, want a part time job at the glory hole. I have a spot open.