Check your account email address ×

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Tariff price increases effective immediately

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We need to correct our corporate cultural from one of 100% profit priority to one that operates ethically and with the interests of this country at the fore.

Until then we need to level the playing field any way we can. China is going to cheat and steal everything they can so we should start to protect ourselves and divest our dependance on them

Its fucking simple

The Chinese are way smarter than we are. 

Just now, Anler said:

The Chinese are way smarter than we are. 

No....they just have authoritarian control and arent afraid to starve 10 million people here or there. 

No how about you fucking kill yourself. Zammbroski owning the fuck out of you is a good enough reason

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No....they just have authoritarian control and arent afraid to starve 10 million people here or there. 

No how about you fucking kill yourself. Zammbroski owning the fuck out of you is a good enough reason

:lol:maybe I will. The quality of discussion has gone way down here :lol:

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Why does Trump continue to lie and say the country is collecting billions in tarrifs?

why do you think it is a good thing to have China take over all manufacturing ? 

why do you think it is a,good thing for those evil corporations to make huge $$$ having china manufacture for them ? 

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why do you think it is a good thing to have China take over all manufacturing ? 

why do you think it is a,good thing for those evil corporations to make huge $$$ having china manufacture for them ? 

There will alway be a country that produces low cost products using slave labor. The question is what products do we let them produce? Tarrifing everything China produces won’t work.

51 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just skimming the threads here waiting for our connector.....did he really post that?! :lol: 

I did.  And I’m not surprised that you are too stupid to realize it. 

The Canadian Trumpsters were all saying the Ontario minimum wage hike would devastate the Ontario job market 18 months ago.  

Didn’t happen. Lowest unemployment in Canada. 

You really have to stop believing propaganda paid for by the waltons. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

And how did it come to this?  Not only that...I guess China is the only one that makes these "specialty widgets".

It all makes sense when you look at it from this perspective:  Fuck Trump and Fuck America!!!

They have been taught this for way too long.  I really don't think they can see how or why China is the only one making their "widgets".  Until they understand the base of the problem, they will never understand what it takes to change it, only that it is effecting them in the short term and to blame the current admin.

Edited by racer254

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Tariffs are only temporary so nobody is panicking but this just throws a monkey wrench in everyones business for the short term. And its going to cause short term losses that cant be recouped. Its certainly not the end of the world but just more bullshit to deal with as we embark on our busy season. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Maybe but there are alot of things that are just not as available from US sources anymore. And you cant just throw up a manufacturing facility in a week to accommodate any short term lack of inventory. And we can all agree that the economy is pretty good right now so there are already shortages in inventories and this is the beginning of construction busy season. 

Did you just come up with this realization?  FFS, it will take years, but it needs to start NOW and many here understand why.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Just skimming the threads here waiting for our connector.....did he really post that?! :lol: 

Astonishingly enough...he did.  Then, admitted to it just a few minutes ago with some hard and false corollary shifting.  It’s impressive ignorance really.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Zdipshit says this is just liberal whining.

They usually just run hand in hand.  Anler insisting he is a libertarian is hard on that whole party.  :lol:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Its fucking sickening is what it is. 

Sure is.

52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If he would have done that, he’d have been gone a long time ago.

Get your boys in line.

53 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I did.  And I’m not surprised that you are too stupid to realize it. 

The Canadian Trumpsters were all saying the Ontario minimum wage hike would devastate the Ontario job market 18 months ago.  

Didn’t happen. Lowest unemployment in Canada. 

You really have to stop believing propaganda paid for by the waltons. 

But bubble headed bleach blondes sitting on a couch told him that.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Part of the problem is we have little solidarity between congress and the President on trade.   If both branches of govt were together on this China would be screaming for a deal.   Right now with the left not willing to give the POTUS a victory on anything China will sit back and wait until 2020.

Guess I can't blame the dems a good trade deal gets done with China limits their chances even more in 2020.   Even some GOP members aren't on board getting us better trade deals.   Fucking makes me sick. 

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Part of the problem is we have little solidarity between congress and the President on trade.   If both branches of govt were together on this China would be screaming for a deal.   Right now with the left not willing to give the POTUS a victory on anything China will sit back and wait until 2020.

Guess I can't blame the dems a good trade deal gets done with China limits their chances even more in 2020.   Even some GOP members aren't on board getting us better trade deals.   Fucking makes me sick. 

With the dems, it is more about party than what is good for the country.  You can see that on full display in this thread and many others here.  And these are from fellow snowmobile enthusiasts who I thought all had a common bond, but apparently it all about party with them.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Did you just come up with this realization?  FFS, it will take years, but it needs to start NOW and many here understand why.

Another cheap seater. Good job!

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Another cheap seater. Good job!

Do you understand why you can't get certain products made here?  Do you actively seek American made products or if you can save $1 do you by the product made elsewhere?

Edited by racer254

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

There will alway be a country that produces low cost products using slave labor. The question is what products do we let them produce? Tarrifing everything China produces won’t work.

how do you know? 

let's say it keeps 20% of the widjet makers from moving production to China.  worth it.   and again fuck China junk and the ships it is sent over on . I hate China shit it is usually not worth the recycled beer can it was made out of 

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

If you’ve always been about “buy American”, I can’t help but wonder, what’s the problem here?  Or, when you say, “buy American”, do you mean just for others to do so?  You wouldn’t be so upset now if you were in fact practicing what you preach.  Why aren’t you buying American for your business?  

If it were my business being affected by this, and I was having to pass on the costs, I could sell it.  TDS is undoubtedly going to hurt you in this aspect.

Best of luck.

The problem is that Trump has created a problem that has just become a tax on the consumer, and the fact of the matter is that we do not have the workforce to replace what the Chinese make, of course if we would increase the amount of refugees we allow in the country we could alleviate some of that workforce shortage.

As far as public sector projects requiring Made in USA products you need to understand that there is a stiff penalty for that Made in USA product, let's use a simple 3/4" steel compression coupling: Made in Shithole country .24 cents, Made in the USA $1.74, we know this is 725% more expensive and we know that the taxpayer is paying for this.

I watched the Japanese dump steel in here in the 70's and 80's and it was horrible to watch our steel industry and auto industry get smashed, and then listen to many Americans defend there foreign car purchases while the US steel and auto industries shrank. The fact of the matter is that cat is long out of the bag and there is no turning back the clock, just as there is no turning back the clock for the coal industry, it's over, we've moved on and communities that relied on those old businesses need to look at what the future business opportunities are, and some already have.

Our president is a dinosaur who thinks like a dinosaur, the past is for losers. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

how do you know? 

let's say it keeps 20% of the widjet makers from moving production to China.  worth it.   and again fuck China junk and the ships it is sent over on . I hate China shit it is usually not worth the recycled beer can it was made out of 

Corporate America Companies are manufacturing gypsies.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Corporate America Companies are manufacturing gypsies.

so just go back to biz as usual in your opinion . it was work just fine for the American worker .

doing nothing for 30 yrs is why we are here today . and as soon as a my one attempts to give America a leg up for the long haul you cry like a bitch about it non stop 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so just go back to biz as usual in your opinion . it was work just fine for the American worker .

doing nothing for 30 yrs is why we are here today . and as soon as a my one attempts to give America a leg up for the long haul you cry like a bitch about it non stop 

As I have said to you before 10 fuckin Times tariffs are ok if you target product that the Chinese are selling for less than material cost over US manufacturers.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m guessing Vince and Anler have real world experience...you saying they don’t? They say certain things are impossible to source American Made so the tariffs hurt...Zderpski says that sounds like a liberal whiny excuse and you cheer. Fucking morons.

I suppose nothing is impossible Jim, it really comes down to what is the cost to the American consumer/taxpayer.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Their whining complaints don't add up and their anti-Trump and anti-America stances make them both repulsive and uncredible.

Anler: "We should make sure business owners run background checks to stop illegal immigration."

Also Anler: "Fuck TRUMP...they are making me run background checks for my employees...It's ruining my business!!"

Vince: "I tell everyone to buy American!"

Also Vince: "Fuck TRUMP!  These tariffs making American products more viable is ruining my business!!"

Jimmy:  I'm coming to your rescue guys!!!!!!

Me: :lol: 

Why do you make up lies? I never said is was ruining my business, I stated the product cost more and used 3/4 couplings as an example, those costs are figured into our pricing that the taxpayer pays for :thumb:

In my OP I said the tariffs aren't good as it's the US consumer paying the premium, it is what it is :bc:  And let's pay attention to the Trump Admin coming up with another bailout for soybean farmers.

Date:

May 8th, 2019

To:

Acuity Brands U.S. Customers

Subject:

Tariff Price Increase

In November 2018, Acuity Brands notified customers about a price increase of up to an additional 15% on January 2, 2019, because of increases in our product input costs, including the direct and indirect impact from higher tariffs. During the G20 Summit meeting, held December 1, 2018, the Trump Administration announced a pause on any additional tariffs for a period of 90 days while U.S. and China trade negotiations continued. As a result, Acuity Brands delayed the January 2 increase until March 4, 2019. In February, the Trump Administration announced an intent to delay an increase to the tariffs, and in response, Acuity Brands delayed the March 4 increase. All other previously announced and implemented increases from 2018 remained in full effect.

Over the last several weeks, USTR and Chinese officials have met several times to discuss a potential trade deal. This week, Chinese delegates will travel again to the U.S. for continuation of trade talks, but no deal has been reached. In a briefing held on May 6, 2019, the USTR indicated the additional tariffs will go into effect on Friday, May 10.

Therefore, our previously announced increase of up to an additional 15% on certain products will be implemented and effective on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. The last day for entry and shipping release of orders for impacted products at current prices is Tuesday, May 14, 2019. All orders entered or released for shipping after this date will be invoiced at the new prices, without exception.

We will continue to monitor the USTR actions and communicate any changes to the tariff rate, implementation date, or scope of items that would affect this announced increase or future increases accordingly.

Price increase levels by product family and updated customer stock price sheets will be communicated ahead of the May 15 implementation date.

We remain committed to our industry partners and we appreciate your support through these dynamic market conditions.

Best Regards,

I'm an image

Sero Cardamone
SVP, Global Sales

Amra Boucher
VP, Customer Engagement

Mike DeBlois
VP, Pricing Operations

Edited by Mileage Psycho

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why do you make up lies? I never said is was ruining my business, I stated the product cost more and used 3/4 couplings as an example, those costs are figured into our pricing that the taxpayer pays for :thumb:

In my OP I said the tariffs aren't good as it's the US consumer paying the premium, it is what it is :bc:  And let's pay attention to the Trump Admin coming up with another bailout for soybean farmers.

Date:

May 8th, 2019

To:

Subject:

Tariff Price Increase

In November 2018, Acuity Brands notified customers about a price increase of up to an additional 15% on January 2, 2019, because of increases in our product input costs, including the direct and indirect impact from higher tariffs. During the G20 Summit meeting, held December 1, 2018, the Trump Administration announced a pause on any additional tariffs for a period of 90 days while U.S. and China trade negotiations continued. As a result, Acuity Brands delayed the January 2 increase until March 4, 2019. In February, the Trump Administration announced an intent to delay an increase to the tariffs, and in response, Acuity Brands delayed the March 4 increase. All other previously announced and implemented increases from 2018 remained in full effect.

Over the last several weeks, USTR and Chinese officials have met several times to discuss a potential trade deal. This week, Chinese delegates will travel again to the U.S. for continuation of trade talks, but no deal has been reached. In a briefing held on May 6, 2019, the USTR indicated the additional tariffs will go into effect on Friday, May 10.

Therefore, our previously announced increase of up to an additional 15% on certain products will be implemented and effective on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. The last day for entry and shipping release of orders for impacted products at current prices is Tuesday, May 14, 2019. All orders entered or released for shipping after this date will be invoiced at the new prices, without exception.

We will continue to monitor the USTR actions and communicate any changes to the tariff rate, implementation date, or scope of items that would affect this announced increase or future increases accordingly.

Price increase levels by product family and updated customer stock price sheets will be communicated ahead of the May 15 implementation date.

We remain committed to our industry partners and we appreciate your support through these dynamic market conditions.

Best Regards,

I'm an image

Sero Cardamone
SVP, Global Sales

Amra Boucher
VP, Customer Engagement

Mike DeBlois
VP, Pricing Operations

More billions charged to taxpayers due to Trumps ineptness 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Date:

May 8th, 2019

To:

Subject:

Tariff Price Increase

Best Regards,

I'm an image

Sero Cardamone
SVP, Global Sales

Amra Boucher
VP, Customer Engagement

Mike DeBlois
VP, Pricing Operations

Or part of that is smokescreen because they just got purchased and need to make more money.  :pc:

• Sad 1