Check your account email address ×

Wow, motortrend doesn't know anything about trucks

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My 13 ram is a nice truck...absolute worst most pathetic gas mileage I've ever heard of though. Just horrible

Hemi I assume? What sp transmission and diff gear ratio? Mine's a Hemi 6sp with the 3.55's. Gets just as good if not a tad better than that POS, gutless 5.3 GM I had prior. 

Just now, irv said:

Hemi I assume? What sp transmission and diff gear ratio? Mine's a Hemi 6sp with the 3.55's. Gets just as good if not a tad better than that POS, gutless 5.3 GM I had prior. 

Hemi 6sp and I dont recall the gear

It's bad though. Probably 11mpg or less mixed driving this winter

Just now, f7ben said:

Mine's rough around town but hwy is excellent. I normally do a bit of both. Best I ever got was doing 117 km/h and got 11.6 L/100 km's (72 mph/20.27712 U.S. miles per gallon) 

3 hours ago, irv said:

13, 14 and now 19 TOTY. I was a GM guy my whole life but my 13 Ram has been the best truck I have ever owned. Super quiet, peppy to say the least, decent gas mileage and a great ride. I wouldn't hesitate to own another one. :bc:

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

Someday you'll also lose the grip on Yamaha sleds.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I’ve been shopping trucks for a while and have test driven everything. So far the ram is in the lead. I’ve had 2 f-150s in a row. They have been outstanding vehicles with zero problems, but the new ones are too similar to My ‘14. I want to change it up.  

Town they are brutal. Esp in winter.

I've had my 09 5 speed with 3.55 up to 23 imperial.

No worse than my buds 5.3. And power crushes that faggot 5.3.

Mine is unlocked, speedo dead on adjusted and the torque limiters in trans are almost tuned out. Shifts way nicer than stock.

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

Gotta get the 8 SPD with the Eco mode. Mo betta

58 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Town they are brutal. Esp in winter.

I've had my 09 5 speed with 3.55 up to 23 imperial.

No worse than my buds 5.3. And power crushes that faggot 5.3.

Mine is unlocked, speedo dead on adjusted and the torque limiters in trans are almost tuned out. Shifts way nicer than stock.

I've never owned such a dog of an engine like the GM 5.3. It was absolutely gutless everywhere! Around town and getting on the hwy, it didn't matter, it honestly felt like a 4 or 6 cylinder engine was under the hood not a 325 H/P V8 like they claimed. I was never so glad to get rid of a truck in all my life. 

Just now, Anler said:

Gotta get the 8 SPD with the Eco mode. Mo betta

I wanted an 8 sp myself but it wasn't available at the time. With 20" wheels, I figured the 3.55's were the way to go and I am happy with that decision. 

Just now, irv said:

I've never owned such a dog of an engine like the GM 5.3. It was absolutely gutless everywhere! Around town and getting on the hwy, it didn't matter, it honestly felt like a 4 or 6 cylinder engine was under the hood not a 325 H/P V8 like they claimed. I was never so glad to get rid of a truck in all my life. 

I wanted an 8 sp myself but it wasn't available at the time. With 20" wheels, I figured the 3.55's were the way to go and I am happy with that decision. 

It's really good. I have the 3.90 rear end and I'm averaging 16-18 mpgs. Of course that goes out the window when towing. 

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Ford won't last 100k...

93k miles.

Both sides under the door... gone. Disappeared.

Bed showing rust HOLES in 4 spots.

Trailer hitch it a tetnus shot in waiting.

Sure.. motor tranny ok.

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

I don't think I'd ever own a ram lately.  They are the biggest rot machines going.   Plus the body is super thin a heavy rain storm would dent it 

Nope that's Chevy :owned:

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I like them, but have noticed several on the Manheim wholesale site that have lemon law disclosures.

They are the BIC lighter of pickup trucks, there are some serious issues with the cam lobes getting disintegrated due to the V8 to V4 activation, mine made it to 90,000 miles and it was game over, it's a $8,500.00 to $10,000.00 repair.

Having owned a fleet of trucks for more years than I care to remember and trying different brands at one time or another; I will say nothing beats a small block for reliability and longevity, I'm done experimenting with Fords and Mopars.

Image result for general motors

14 hours ago, Anler said:

The ram interiors are the nicest IMO. And the rest of the truck is great too. RAM ftmfw!

Yes they are, too bad that 5.7 is an under engineered piece. 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

I don't think I'd ever own a ram lately.  They are the biggest rot machines going.   Plus the body is super thin a heavy rain storm would dent it 

The left front fender blistered on mine, first time was under warranty, then it blistered several months later (out of warranty) it took over 6 months to get to a resolution where the dealer bought a new fender and I paid for the labor.

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nope that's Chevy :owned:

He's right.

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The left front fender blistered on mine, first time was under warranty, then it blistered several months later (out of warranty) it took over 6 months to get to a resolution where the dealer bought a new fender and I paid for the labor.

He's right.

No me!

• Haha 1