Check your account email address ×

34% at Trump's Michigan rally were Democrats

Brad Parscale, Donald John Trump's 2020 campaign manager, told Jesse Watters last night that 34% of the people who attended the president's rally in Grand Rapids were registered Democrats.

Parscale knows that because people needed to give the campaign their cellphone numbers to get tickets. The campaign then used the information to check their voting record.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2019/03/34-at-trumps-michigan-rally-were.html

Grand Rapids has been a conservative area for a long time. Gerald Ford was from there. The dems there are probably not as far left as in Cali.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Grand Rapids has been a conservative area for a long time. Gerald Ford was from there. The dems there are probably not as far left as in Cali.

There used to be a thing called a conservative Democrat. Those were the best Republicans ever. Now there isn't even a conservative republican. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hmm, 

This may be correct, but I do question how a cell phone number can give out your voting record?

The fucking man! Everything is linked in this new world order shitshow. Yahoo has your number on its E-mail, Facebook has your number from logging on, DMV, credit cards, auto registration. The guy at Dunkin Donuts knows your number and how you take your coffee! @ckf NO fucking hazelnut! :slapping: 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

The fucking man! Everything is linked in this new world order shitshow. Yahoo has your number on its E-mail, Facebook has your number from logging on, DMV, credit cards, auto registration. The guy at Dunkin Donuts knows your number and how you take your coffee! @ckf NO fucking hazelnut! :slapping: 

How would it know which party you voted for? Here we are not required to register for which party we vote in..just need to show I.D. and sign the book.

34 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Michigan is a very pro/ hunting/  gun /automobile.    Dems disdain for those things cost them the election in MI.  

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Here we are not required to register for which party we vote in

Here (NH) you have to claim a party to vote in the primary. General election, you don't.

My point, I guess, was assuming that most people probably are registered, and could easily be traced back to a cell #. Further more, even if you're not registered, the man still knows your affiliation towards a particular agenda based on the content in social media, donations, day to day events for a given person. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Michigan is a very pro/ hunting/  gun /automobile.    Dems disdain for those things cost them the election in MI.  

I was surprised when Trump won Michigan...but then again I was surprised when Bernie won the D Primary here. Dems still have a strong presence  though...see Gretchen Whitmer.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

51 minutes ago, Anler said:

There used to be a thing called a conservative Democrat. Those were the best Republicans ever. Now there isn't even a conservative republican. 

Please enlighten us on what issues these so called conservative democrats stood for and the type of candidate they supported?   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Please enlighten us on what issues these so called conservative democrats stood for and the type of candidate they supported?   

I don't have the energy and it doesn't matter anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

think blue dog dem

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/blue-dogs-barking

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was surprised when Trump won Michigan...but then again I was surprised when Bernie won the D Primary here. Dems still have a strong presence  though...see Gretchen Whitmer.

Everyone was.  Gretchen stayed away from gun control,  praised auto industry,  didn’t call blue collar workers deplorable. 

She played up the middle class jean jacket wearing gal and it was appealing to  working people.   

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Everyone was.  Gretchen stayed away from gun control,  praised auto industry,  didn’t call blue collar workers deplorable. 

She played up the middle class jean jacket wearing gal and it was appealing to  working people.   

I think you greatly underestimate the repulsiveness of bill schuette and his elitist attitude. He's a quintessential west Michigan dipshit DeVos Republican. The kind of people who buy lakefront property and then turn around and try to ban boats on the water before sunrise and after sunset. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I think you greatly underestimate the repulsiveness of bill schuette and his elitist attitude. He's a quintessential west Michigan dipshit DeVos Republican. The kind of people who buy lakefront property and then turn around and try to ban boats on the water before sunrise and after sunset. 

Nope,  he was a shitty candidate.  I never heard one person talking positive about him.  No yard signs to support him. Just like Hillary,  working class found him to be out of touch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anler said:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

think blue dog dem

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think its Hilarious that somehow the GOP has somehow moved far to the right.   The word RINO comes to mind and is more of recent term because many Republican's in congress moved left.   The conservative movement which has always been the majority of the party is no different than the Reagan Republican's of the 80's.  

The so called Blue Dog Democrats were not even formed until the mid 90's.   Before they were Reagan Democrats.  Reality is its a moniker candidates attach to themselves because they are running in conservative districts.   Democrats vote/tow the party line more than the GOP.  

Blue dog dems somewhat fit the mold of NeoCon's.   Strong defense spending yet supportive of New Deal/Great Society type programs.  Same goes for RINO's.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Here (NH) you have to claim a party to vote in the primary. General election, you don't.

My point, I guess, was assuming that most people probably are registered, and could easily be traced back to a cell #. Further more, even if you're not registered, the man still knows your affiliation towards a particular agenda based on the content in social media, donations, day to day events for a given person. :dunno:

I can understand how a cell number can easily be traced to it's owner, you can do that on-line, but at least in my case I'm not on F.B. Twitter, or any similar doo-dads.

In NH even if you "claim" which party to vote in a Primary, do they check to be certain that's what you did? Here I use paper ballots and just check which person(s) I want to vote for, it can be from all the parties or just 1, my choice.

3 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Data mining.   Everything you do on your phone is sold to companies and even political parties.   When you search for snowmobile helmets then UpNorthSports ads start popping up on every page your on is a typical method.   Facebook, Google, Instagram, Twitter, etc etc etc all do it.  

Facebook has your political affiliation "rated."   They all probably do and its quite obvious with the shadow banning and what not that goes on.  

I think Trump gets more support and votes from people that don't readily admit it than any candidate we've seen since Reagan and probably ever.   Lots of people support many of his stances on issues just are not willing to take the shit for publicly talking about it.   Thank the left wing nutbags for that. 

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Nope,  he was a shitty candidate.  I never heard one person talking positive about him.  No yard signs to support him. Just like Hillary,  working class found him to be out of touch. 

Granmole Jr. didn't get my vote. Schutte may not have been the best candidate, but better than Jenny G Jr. 

Anyone who voted for her better not be pissing and moaning when she raises your taxes 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

gretchen granholm worked the urban voters very hard . She also had the union education voters locked up early. When the pbs show did the election in review on " Off the Record " , the stats showed that useless hilliary goldenspoon schuette carried all of the non urban areas in Michigan , then when you place the pot proposals on the ballot , the dems had a very good election cycle in the state.

50 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Granmole Jr. didn't get my vote. Schutte may not have been the best candidate, but better than Jenny G Jr. 

Anyone who voted for her better not be pissing and moaning when she raises your taxes 

They both sucked. Mirror image of each other as a lifer pols that have never ever held a private sector job.  Taxes , fees , fines will sky rocket under dem  gretchen granholm.  Wife has just know started talking about leaving Michigan, I still love this state plus as a odd fool love the winter months.