Check your account email address ×

Trump in Iraq

1jkw

• Gold Member

And everybody thought he sitting in whitehouse tweeting “poor me”. He is a master fisherman for sure.  Good for him to go over to tell the troops himself that he plans on ending deployments to Syria and draw down Afghanistan.  Awesome President!

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I have this sneaking suspicion we will cut half or less of the troops out of each country. I can’t wait to watch the backflips involved if come next year we are still there. It’ll be grand. 

Yep. I also have a sneaking suspicion this trip was planned after all the grief the POS got over the last few days

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Yep. I also have a sneaking suspicion this trip was planned after all the grief the POS got over the last few days

I dunno. The secret service doesn’t seem to fuck around like that. Could be, but those guys run a pretty tight ship regardless of how embarrassed Trump may be about it all. 

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

You think theres still a collusion angle too...

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Short notice trips to a war zone without proper planning. If he is going to a base a lot of moving pieces like removing all host nation workers or vetting them needs to happen. Idk, could be wrong. 

Ya..when you do shit like that at the spur of the moment you land under gunfire and shit. You know....like Hillary did.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Unreal.  You really believe your side shitting their pants and whining incessantly is shaping the presidency?  His base is what he wants to keep...and to your shagrin, he's doing that well.  Course...you boys are helping!!  :lol: 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Short notice trips to a war zone without proper planning. If he is going to a base a lot of moving pieces like removing all host nation workers or vetting them needs to happen. Idk, could be wrong. 

Exactly.  More than a just few days went into this.  And this trip wasn't because WAPO or Huffpo posted more Trump hate articles.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Ya..when you do shit like that at the spur of the moment you land under gunfire and shit. You know....like Hillary did.

Fucking Hillary low crawling on the tarmac avoiding sniper fire.  She either moves like a struck snake or, those snipers suck.  Or, and this can't be it but, it never happened?

11 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Come on dude. The bases are pretty much secure to begin with. Not like he’s going downtown Paris. He was also supposed to be in mar a lago for 16 days.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Come on dude. The bases are pretty much secure to begin with. Not like he’s going downtown Paris. He was also supposed to be in mar a lago for 16 days.

The vast majority of deaths in country, I’d say 75%+ right now, are green on blue incidents aka a host nation soldier or worker opening fire on soldiers on base. Feel free to check that. It’s actually the main threat right now in Afg. 

Ten years ago i was working field service for Gas turbine Generators when I was asked to go down to the docks in Philadelphia to do some last min repairs on 4 units that were refurbished and waiting to be shipped to Iraq.  Since it is a small community of people who did my type of job i knew the two guys assigned to install the units in Iraq which was scheduled to take about 3 to 4 months give or take.  At the time there were two groups working on separate projects on the same site and to accomplish this heavily armed security was part of day to day operations.  The night before the units were scheduled to be turned on the site was attacked and while no injuries were sustained the units were left inoperable and the two guys beat feet for the airport.  Fast forward to today and our company is now in a bidding process to repair the damaged units.  Unlike ten years ago accommodations and security are no longer an issue. We have had some people on the ground over the last few months and the reports are of a much more stable environment.