Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

There are virtually no Cats aroubd here. If they werent giving them away to the Iron Dog teams I dont think I would see any. 

Cat should stop “giving them away”.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on how cold it is.  I can get cold pretty easy if I'm just waiting around. 

Pit coats FTMFW!!!!  Gotta drape mine on right now....to drag the trash to the end of the driveway.  :)

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I never get cold because I race in multiple classes.  No time for getting cold. 

I'd still get cold.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Cat should stop “giving them away”.

Pit coats FTMFW!!!!  Gotta drape mine on right now....to drag the trash to the end of the driveway.  :)

I'm going to go put one on right now so I can keep posting. 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd still get cold.  

Lol!

I’m hot natured as hell.  I just wear shorts and t-shirt under it. I slip my cozy (manly) Crocs off at the door and slip on my Sorels.  Wife says I look like a flasher out there.  

Chicks be lookin’.  Men be hatin’.

19 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd still get cold.  

It takes lots of energy to win. I have no problem staying warm or winning. 

I go inside the trailer if I get cold. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It takes lots of energy to win. I have no problem staying warm or winning. 

I go inside the trailer if I get cold. 

I don't need to worry about it either way this winter.  

Edited by racinfarmer

14 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

There is no way to properly align a G4 without this tool. You can preload the clutches and simulate both the motor moving back and the secondary moving down. 

Without this you are just guessing what the secondary is going tondo under load. 

4910E216-F6AB-4FCF-8BE0-2BBE1591BCBC.jpeg

yeah I got that.  it is not surprising but still didapoonting just how far of this pos summit was from the factory . and worse that we could not get it nuts on with out auging the mag side mount hole. 

fit and finish my ass just more junk .

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I got that.  it is not surprising but still didapoonting just how far of this pos summit was from the factory . and worse that we could not get it nuts on with out auging the mag side mount hole. 

Everytime I think I may someday be back on a doo again, I remember what a PIA they are to work on.  Fucking PIA!!!!!

Just now, Zambroski said:

Everytime I think I may go to a doo again...someday, I remember what a PIA they are to work on.  Fucking PIA!!!!!

The only pita was the jackshaft bs to take the secondary off....the qrs kit solved that.

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I was into the didapoonting last night! :lmao: 

Just now, DAVE said:

Unless your a cat guy.

you mean some one use to working on a sled developed on a race track where actual mechanics have a huge hand in the process. 

as apposed to a metro sexual fresh out of industrial design school who's main focus is how to make a product  to market to the sheep who will buy tons of crap to make it there own out of a catalogue 

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You got the grip and rip clutch alignment tool already?  Then no need to ask me what to do about clutch heat. 

How much preload did you dial in the the alignment?

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was into the didapoonting last night! :lmao: 

All of those torx screws to take everything off. And if you dropped one into the abyss you will lose your mind. The axys has a couple twist locks, you can have everything off or on in 30 seconds with no tools. Skidoo was alot more pita than the others. 

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ok maybe the s module too...

how about basic shit .

oh I don't know who builds a mountain sled that you need to pull the hood so 8 bolts a air box hose clamp .then pull the pipe springs diconect a sensor plug .

now you can get to the a arm bolts.

fucking joke should be a 30 min job in the back of a trailer but no 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you mean some one use to working on a sled developed on a race track where actual mechanics have a huge hand in the process. 

as apposed to a metro sexual fresh out of industrial design school who's main focus is how to make a product  to market to the sheep who will buy tons of crap to make it there own out of a catalogue 

Ya...low old tek for the simple minded.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Good thing about skidoo is you don't have to work on them as much as you do a cat. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Why would a properly designed sled be held together with sheet metal screws?