Check your account email address ×

Polar Bears and MMGW

IMO, This is what makes people start to deflect and remove themselves from the mmgw debacle.

I was watching a Nat Geo show called "the hunt' this morning.  In one particular segment,

they said bears have been around for 5 million years.  I looked it up and according to wiki, a subspecies of bear, Ursinae, have been on the earth for almost 5 million years, the oldest know polar bear fossil is 110,000 to 130,000 years old. 

This particular show involved a couple of scientists that have studied these particular polar bears for 30 years.  Seems they have made a career out of it.  According to them the bears are now 10 to 20 % smaller as compared to what they were 30 years ago.  Fine, can’t deny their findings, but they are blaming it on climate change,  MMGW in particular and the fact that the bears are consuming less due to warmer weather.  So the consensus is that humans need to consume less so that these bears don’t become extinct.

HOLD THE PHONE

Does everyone see the flaws in this hypothesis?  FFS, a 30 year study that has determined that a species that has been on this earth for almost 5 million years has been figured out to be declining and possibly going extinct?  They have been on earth for 5 million years, the polar bear at minimum has been around for 100,000 years.  You’re trying to tell me that a couple of 10ths of a degree change in the temp is going to cause them to go extinct because you studied 1/.002 of their existence?  Go peddle the bullshit somewhere else.

Sorry, I just don't buy everything some of the MMGW alarmists try to sell. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Again, your assumptions are flawed.  But, good try.

What assumptions...you said just you don't buy everything they are selling...apparently you don't know what the word assumption means.😂😂

36 minutes ago, racer254 said:

IMO, This is what makes people start to deflect and remove themselves from the mmgw debacle.

I was watching a Nat Geo show called "the hunt' this morning.  In one particular segment,

they said bears have been around for 5 million years.  I looked it up and according to wiki, a subspecies of bear, Ursinae, have been on the earth for almost 5 million years, the oldest know polar bear fossil is 110,000 to 130,000 years old. 

This particular show involved a couple of scientists that have studied these particular polar bears for 30 years.  Seems they have made a career out of it.  According to them the bears are now 10 to 20 % smaller as compared to what they were 30 years ago.  Fine, can’t deny their findings, but they are blaming it on climate change,  MMGW in particular and the fact that the bears are consuming less due to warmer weather.  So the consensus is that humans need to consume less so that these bears don’t become extinct.

HOLD THE PHONE

Does everyone see the flaws in this hypothesis?  FFS, a 30 year study that has determined that a species that has been on this earth for almost 5 million years has been figured out to be declining and possibly going extinct?  They have been on earth for 5 million years, the polar bear at minimum has been around for 100,000 years.  You’re trying to tell me that a couple of 10ths of a degree change in the temp is going to cause them to go extinct because you studied 1/.002 of their existence?  Go peddle the bullshit somewhere else.

That’s a huge change in 30 year. 

Using the same percentage of timeline.  If your car engine starts making 20% more noise in one day, you’d find that alarming. 

If it happened over it’s entire existence, you would hardly notice. 

The scientists are telling us that it is a radical change. 

You really should stop trying to deny mmgw. It’s real. 

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

MMGW = currently the largest hoax going, lots of brainwashed idiots (snow rider and revdouche for example) just follow the money and you'll find the bullshit.

There should be no issue on earth in which liberals are listened to or taken seriously....at all.  High emotions and blank checks they don’t pay for....don’t make for good outcomes

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

HOLD THE PHONE

You post has a couple errors in it.

Firstly Bears (Ursidae[family]) have been around roughly 5 million years.  That family has many subfamilies/genus (not subspecies) which include Ursus.  Ursus itself has many species and subspecies within it.  

Polar bears (Ursus maritimus) are grouped under brown bears and have an estimated history of 400,000 year separation from brown bears.  This is found though many DNA analyzing processes.

You point out that the consensus is that humans need to consume less so that polar bears don't become extinct.   Is this an exact wording of the researchers, the documentary, or other published source?

Polar bears have not been on this earth for 5 million years.

Ignorance of scientists is quite unbecoming and makes you look petty, ignorant, uneducated, as well as maintaining denial in the capacity to become educated on the topic.  You simply disregard the findings out of hand, prefering to apply your biased, preconceived ideas.  Thankfully that isn't how science, nor rational human beings have discourse.

Neal

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

MMGW = currently the largest hoax going, lots of brainwashed idiots (snow rider and revdouche for example) just follow the money and you'll find the bullshit.

There is far more massive amounts of money in denying human's impact on climate change.  Your absurd, and constantly parroted blather is foolish and idiotic.

Neal

9 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There is far more massive amounts of money in denying human's impact on climate change.  Your absurd, and constantly parroted blather is foolish and idiotic.

Neal

You're

......quit swallowing the bullshit Kneel

Edited by snoughnut
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No.  It could have been but you left a comma out somewhere.  

But you have Tools on your side so...

:lol:

Maybe you can equate bears and blacks...... @f7ben  :lmao: 

Edited by SnowRider

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No.  It could have been but you left a comma out somewhere.  

But you have Tools on your side so...

:lol:

Well since "somewhere" is so accurate of a correction...  :lol:

I have also have data, and science.  :bc:

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

The oceans and earth are warming really at a no faster rate than usual since the last ice age.  This is a natural process that has made different species flourish or cause its demise for millennia.  Ask the megalodon, woolly mammoth the Sabre tooth tiger 

a species size is often regulated by food supply. Other species eating up theur food supply can cause this 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

This is a perfect thread to separate the rational factual based thinkers from the ignorant and stupid..........like Snoputz, TranZam, Doe Dumber..... :lmao: 

It sure is.  It will definitely separate the people with common sense from the people that have none.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Wouldnt hurt my feelings if a couple billion dumb mother fuckers had to be exterminated for the good of the earth... 

Everytime nature tries man has to go and fuck it up.