Check your account email address ×

Polar Bears and MMGW

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You post has a couple errors in it.

Firstly Bears (Ursidae[family]) have been around roughly 5 million years.  That family has many subfamilies/genus (not subspecies) which include Ursus.  Ursus itself has many species and subspecies within it.  

Polar bears (Ursus maritimus) are grouped under brown bears and have an estimated history of 400,000 year separation from brown bears.  This is found though many DNA analyzing processes.

You point out that the consensus is that humans need to consume less so that polar bears don't become extinct.   Is this an exact wording of the researchers, the documentary, or other published source?

Polar bears have not been on this earth for 5 million years.

Ignorance of scientists is quite unbecoming and makes you look petty, ignorant, uneducated, as well as maintaining denial in the capacity to become educated on the topic.  You simply disregard the findings out of hand, prefering to apply your biased, preconceived ideas.  Thankfully that isn't how science, nor rational human beings have discourse.

Neal

What did I say that has any errors? 

The oldest polar bear fossil is between 110,00 and 130,000 years old. 

The researchers are the one who said it humans need to consume less and yes that was the exact sentence said on the documentary.

Just now, racer254 said:

The researchers are the one who said it humans need to consume less and yes that was the exact sentence said on the documentary.

Neal should be arrested for that drive by he did on you. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

If you read my post, I corrected your errors.  Compare my post with yours to see them.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Just list the errors.  If there are any.

He could list them in big bold letters drawn with crayon and you would still just ask more stupid questions in response. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He could list them in big bold letters drawn with crayon and you would still just ask more stupid questions in response. 

I said the same thing he reposted.  I want to know what he thinks is different.

FFS, a 30 year study that has determined that a species (BEAR) that has been on this earth for almost 5 million years has been figured out to be declining and possibly going extinct?  They have been on earth for 5 million years, the polar bear at minimum has been around for 100,000 years.

I guess he thinks I should have said a 400,000 year old subspecies of bear called "polar bear" is what is declining and possible be going extinct.   All determined by a 30 year study. 

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Just list the errors.  If there are any.

That's what my post was, a correction of your errors.  Here I will parse it out a little more obviously for you.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

was watching a Nat Geo show called "the hunt' this morning.  In one particular segment,

they said bears have been around for 5 million years.  I looked it up and according to wiki, a subspecies of bear, Ursinae, have been on the earth for almost 5 million years

Firstly, Ursinae is not a subspecies of bear.  It is a subfamily of Ursidae.  Ursus, a genus of Ursinae, is the grouping of the modern bears which came about 5 million or so years ago.  This genus contains a variety of species, black, brown, & polar bears.  Polar bears, which seem to be a population of brown bears that became isolated in cold regions, diverged from those brown bears about 400,000 years ago.  This is a correction of your cladistic error, as well as some more ancillary data.

FFS, a 30 year study that has determined that a species that has been on this earth for almost 5 million years has been figured out to be declining and possibly going extinct?

Second error in your post.  Polar bears (species Ursus maritimus) have certainly not been around for 5 million years.  

Also, you seem to indicate that a species time of existence somehow plays a role or can determine the rate of declining population or extinction.  That is not true.  It is an incorrect assumption.

You’re trying to tell me that a couple of 10ths of a degree change in the temp is going to cause them to go extinct because you studied 1/.002 of their existence? 

Thirdly, our increase has been more than a couple of 10ths.

Also, you again appeal to the overall time that a species has existed being a factor in the rate of change of a species.  This is not correct logic.

Neal

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I said the same thing he reposted.  I want to know what he thinks is different.

FFS, a 30 year study that has determined that a species (BEAR) that has been on this earth for almost 5 million years has been figured out to be declining and possibly going extinct?  They have been on earth for 5 million years, the polar bear at minimum has been around for 100,000 years.

I guess he thinks I should have said a 400,000 year old subspecies of bear called "polar bear" is what is declining and possible be going extinct.   All determined by a 30 year study. 

Bear is not a species.

You can't get simple elementary facts right when dealing with this topic.  Do you not see how that erodes any credibility your opinions on the critique of the topic?

You also offer no ideas as to why a 30 year study is not capable of determining how quickly a population is changing, because of a certain time the species has existed.  Your approach is nonsensical.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That's what my post was, a correction of your errors.  Here I will parse it out a little more obviously for you.

Firstly, Ursinae is not a subspecies of bear.  It is a subfamily of Ursidae.  Ursus, a genus of Ursinae, is the grouping of the modern bears which came about 5 million or so years ago.  This genus contains a variety of species, black, brown, & polar bears.  Polar bears, which seem to be a population of brown bears that became isolated in cold regions, diverged from those brown bears about 400,000 years ago.  This is a correction of your cladistic error, as well as some more ancillary data.

Second error in your post.  Polar bears (species Ursus maritimus) have certainly not been around for 5 million years.  

Also, you seem to indicate that a species time of existence somehow plays a role or can determine the rate of declining population or extinction.  That is not true.  It is an incorrect assumption.

Thirdly, our increase has been more than a couple of 10ths.

Also, you again appeal to the overall time that a species has existed being a factor in the rate of change of a species.  This is not correct logic.

Neal

I said, bears are about 5 million years old.  Ursinae, have been on the earth for almost 5 million years.

I said fossils of polar bears are 110,000 to 130,000 years old.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bear is not a species.

You can't get simple elementary facts right when dealing with this topic.  Do you not see how that erodes any credibility your opinions on the critique of the topic?

Neal

Lets study 30 years of polar bear and come to the conclusion that MMGW is the cause and is going to cause them to go extinct even though they have gone through thousands of years of change and adaptation....and the fact that the basis of the % decrease is from when they started the study, ...30 years ago.  How many generations is that?

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I said, bears are about 5 million years old.  Ursinae, have been on the earth for almost 5 million years.

Lets study 30 years of polar bear and come to the conclusion that MMGW is the cause and is going to cause them to go extinct even though they have gone through thousands of years of change and adaptation....and the fact that the basis of the % decrease is from when they started the study, ...30 years ago.  How many generations is that?

You realize the 30 year study was looking at more than the current time frame of the study right :lol: you probably dont 

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

No, you said Ursinae are 5 million years old, that is not correct, there are far older members.  The genus Ursus is roughly 5 million years old.  See, this is another simple fact you got wrong.

I have not, nor has anyone else here disputed the age of the oldest found fossil.  This is a non-starter... :dunno:

You again offer no proof of past existence indicating a control of species population change, nor how that past time of existence changes how man's influence is to be disregarded.

You are proposing nonsensical blather.  The propositions of past existence tied to current trending doesn't hold up.

Neal

12 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

No, you said Ursinae are 5 million years old, that is not correct, there are far older members.  The genus Ursus is roughly 5 million years old.  See, this is another simple fact you got wrong.

I have not, nor has anyone else here disputed the age of the oldest found fossil.  This is a non-starter... :dunno:

You again offer no proof of past existence indicating a control of species population change, nor how that past time of existence changes how man's influence is to be disregarded.

You are proposing nonsensical blather.  The propositions of past existence tied to current trending doesn't hold up.

Neal

Keep acting like you want to discredit shit because something is spelled wrong or articulated incorrectly.    I can tell you are well educated in pushing the MMGW agenda, because the blather you are spewing is designed to discredit in a way that has nothing to do with the actual subject.

This is what was meant and explained. 

The bear family, Ursidae, is thought to have split from other carnivorans about 38 million years ago.[21] The subfamily Ursinae originated approximately 4.2 million years ago.

This said they originated 4.2 million years ago.

So, what percentage of the polar bears existence was the study done for?

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Keep acting like you want to discredit shit because something is spelled wrong or articulated incorrectly.    I can tell you are well educated in pushing the MMGW agenda, because the blather you are spewing is designed to discredit in a way that has nothing to do with the actual subject.

The bear family, Ursidae, is thought to have split from other carnivorans about 38 million years ago.[21] The subfamily Ursinae originated approximately 4.2 million years ago.

I guess any info or studies done on dinasours are irrelevant because all studies were done on 0% of their lives......is that correct Doe Dumber?  

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

The oceans and earth are warming really at a no faster rate than usual since the last i  Ask the megalodon, woolly mammoth the Sabre tooth tiger 

I can’t.

a) They’re extinct.

b) There’s nothing in the fossil record to suggest they were capable of written or verbal communication at a level required to properly explain climate science.  

c)  I don’t have a time machine.

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I guess any info or studies done on dinasours are irrelevant because all studies were done on 0% of their lives......is that correct Doe Dumber?  

Are you going to try and say MMGW caused the dinosaurs to go extinct?  Well, knowing you, that's possible.

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

How could you study dinosaurs when there arent even any alive derp derp derp derp derp derp 

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you going to try and say MMGW caused the dinosaurs to go extinct?  Well, knowing you, that's possible.

One of the more popular theories has been ACGF or Asteroid Caused Global Fuckery.

Edited by XC.Morrison

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Jesus Neal. Mercy rule in effect. 

You have to really love your cause to articulate points in that manner to someone capable of absorbing 0% of it :lol: 

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

As I previously post polar bears split from brown bears about 400,000 years ago.

So, what in the blue fuck does how long polar bears existing as a species have to do with current condition and population change?

Neal

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Answer the question, do we know nothing of how the dinosaurs interacted with the environment because they were extinct before we could investigate them?

Neal

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Answer the question, do we know nothing of how the dinosaurs interacted with the environment because they were extinct before we could investigate them?

Neal

We are not talking about how polar bears are interacting with environment.  The people doing this study are trying to look at the changes in body mass over time.  See, TIME is involved.  Do they know what changes happened in polar bear mass the previous 400,000 years and what caused it.  NOPE, but lets blame MMGW for this.

Next, there was one particular bear that was studied and drugged at least 1 time per year over the last 10 years.  How do you think that effected his body mass?  Probably not at all I suppose.  Yes sir, lets run them down with helicopters, drug them, and then blame everything that happens to them on mmgw.  Another fact that seems to be overlooked.

Edited by racer254