Check your account email address ×

Talk about shit luck.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My neighbor is a good guy. Always doing shit for his sons boy scout troop or anyone in the hood. Helps me out with a lot of shit . He used to race scca so he's a pretty good wrench and fabricator. He also has the same tractor as mine , so by the time mine needs something he has already done it on his. 

Week before thanksgiving he was pulling into his driveway after work . Just as he was starting to back up a tree across the street from his driveway came down and took out his 400 amp service. Ripped the feed and the metor face right off the wall. Poor bastard was living on a generator for until Thanksgiving eve. Finally got back up and running. 

Yesterday Im having thanksgiving with my side of the family at my place and I hear sirens . Weird , never hear them around here. Well the wife was standing up when I realized it was a firetruck so told her to look out the door for smoke. 

Sure as shit this dudes garage was up in flames . 

Front of the garage toasted , truck burned to a crisp. Smoke and water damage inside garage and family room above garage and I guess he got burned pretty bad. He's in Mass General burn unit now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Just talked to his wife she said he will be in the hospital for 4-6 weeks. Multiple skin graphs.

Awww geez that sucks....why is it that bad shit happens to good people.