Check your account email address ×

Lower cost Navigation options

Just now, Highmark said:

All I need is a compass and an occasional town or bar sign.   If I rode the UP more a GPS showing the legal forest/fire lanes would be nice.  

download (3).jpg

Where we go is often unmarked and a long way from gas so gps is almost mandatory if we get off the marked trails.  :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

All I need is a compass and an occasional town or bar sign.   If I rode the UP more a GPS showing the legal forest/fire lanes would be nice.  Fact is I only have a destination if the trails are good.   Follow the smooth trails where they take me.   Fuck riding rough shit.  Too old for that.  I'll save the off trail riding for out west.

download (3).jpg

Marked trails....  LMAO  :lmao:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Marked trails....  LMAO  :lmao:  

Only choice in northern WI.   

Don't use a GPS at Togwotee as I've been there so many times....shit I could probably guide.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Only choice in northern WI.   

Don't use a GPS at Togwotee as I've been there so many times....shit I could probably guide.  

I was just giving you crap.  I would gladly ride trails if I was in that area.  

In AK we barely get a little piece of ribbon tied to a stick or possibly a little reflector screwed to a black spruce in the middle of a swamp.  If we're lucky the trail markers are only 4-5 miles apart.  

This is about the best we could ever hope for.  

TFK_Kusko_108.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I was just giving you crap.  I would gladly ride trails if I was in that area.  

In AK we barely get a little piece of ribbon tied to a stick or possibly a little reflector screwed to a black spruce in the middle of a swamp.  If we're lucky the trail markers are only 4-5 miles apart.  

This is about the best we could ever hope for.  

TFK_Kusko_108.jpg

No worries.   Last time at Tog I was running low on fuel and could see the mountain (Angle) next to the lodge but kept getting fucked up in a canyon trying to take a short cut.  :lol:  Damn that thing was confusing and you could only get down and out in a few locations.   

51 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

ms.jpg

parlin does the best job with signs around but big chunks of time are spent off the trails.  few years back i was about 75% off the marked trails for the year.  tote roads are more fun ways to get around than the trails, sometimes more direct but always more adventurous.  

On 11/25/2018 at 3:58 PM, Ez ryder said:

I got this . can also be used for what ever you need your droid for .

I have not seen mine yet ordered after i left  but played with a buds for a while before ordering . 

not much cheaper but more useful and larger than the stock poo or the hand units 

http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

So it looks like this replaces the Cat gauge? Is that correct? And they don't show WI for maps yet. Keep us posted how it works for you please.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:00 PM, Highmark said:

No worries.   Last time at Tog I was running low on fuel and could see the mountain (Angle) next to the lodge but kept getting fucked up in a canyon trying to take a short cut.  :lol:  Damn that thing was confusing and you could only get down and out in a few locations.   

I got tracks from toga d and we encountered the same thing. Went up this upper Meadow and was a big climb to get up there and no other way down and it took us a while to find that little spot.

It boggles my mind how many people are spending like $500 on these Montana’s. Plus they’re kind of hard to use and have a tiny screen.

I’ve been using the same Nuvi GPS from my vehicle for years. I just bought a new one last week so I could have a bigger screen. Paid $99 for it brand new. Just need to add silicone around the screen edge for waterproofing. I also found a sweet waterproof case online for only $20 that I’ll use just in case on really snowy days or rainy days on my ATV.

402771A9-4142-4FD8-B393-5D5B472CA7AC.thumb.jpeg.988ab9c0c247051227b01ffa5282666e.jpeg

On 11/25/2018 at 12:39 PM, DAVE said:

If i rode there all the time nfp....you act like no one else has ever sledded....jesus....get over yourself.

:lol2:

I hadnt ridden Ontario trails or Quebec in a few yrs until last yr....and not once did i wish i had a gps.

brags for multiple posts about how great his nav skills are and doesn't need a gps, then says get over yourself :lol: :lol: 

Its a special kind of retard in these parts :lol: 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

brags for multiple posts about how great his nav skills are and doesn't need a gps, then says get over yourself :lol: :lol: 

Its a special kind of retard in these parts :lol: 

What do you use? A trail of used toilet paper?

:lol:

On 11/25/2018 at 9:39 AM, DriftBusta said:

Looking for a more cost efficient Nav system this year.  I had a little handheld a few years back but screen is too small.  Polaris PIDD Nav  is great but no way am I gonna spend 900 bucks for it.  Bro is talking a Garmin 73sv.  Discuss.

I bought Izzni's NSI setup last year and it works pretty good, although I still love my Lowrance Baja HDS 5 and nothing beats a true GPS meant for rugged offroading; but it is bulky.

Check out the NSI.

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/493-procross-2012/1739394-now-accepting-orders-ns1-gauge-system.html

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

It boggles my mind how many people are spending like $500 on these Montana’s. Plus they’re kind of hard to use and have a tiny screen.

I’ve been using the same Nuvi GPS from my vehicle for years. I just bought a new one last week so I could have a bigger screen. Paid $99 for it brand new. Just need to add silicone around the screen edge for waterproofing. I also found a sweet waterproof case online for only $20 that I’ll use just in case on really snowy days or rainy days on my ATV.

402771A9-4142-4FD8-B393-5D5B472CA7AC.thumb.jpeg.988ab9c0c247051227b01ffa5282666e.jpeg

I have two Montana 600's with the rugged AMPS mount on all my sleds and quads except the new XC 850 (PIDD).  Can't be messing with silicon shit or USB connections when transferring from one to the other.:bc: