Check your account email address ×

Lower cost Navigation options

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not sure yet.  We got the airline tickets and the house.  My brother is in charge of those arrangements.  :bc: 

I’m the only one who couldn’t get a signal at camp in Moose River last few years.  Verizon has much better coverage and seems to have best coverage overall for us flatlanders.  :bc: 

I have Verizon and its the best , but still spotty.

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I really like the polaris one on the machine I tried last year.  May have to get it on a Indy xc at the end of the year :bc: 

So 3rd week in January youre sayin...

:whistle:

19 hours ago, Anler said:

You can get many awesome gps apps for your phone. Saw some really great mounts that even have a heated element to keep your screen and battery from freezing up. Think I saw some on dootalk. Was going to get one til I bought the assault. 

There are limitations on phone GPS. If you travel too far out of service network, maps don't download with you as you move. Not sure how big of an area they will take you but I've been out of map range a bunch of times in the back woods. We sometimes are pretty deep. You can cache maps beforehand but area is finite and we cover a lot of ground sometimes and not a great option IMO. I'd rather have a dedicated GPS, leaning towards a 278 cs but it is pretty big. I need to put my hands on one before I buy.

18 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You fukken Canadian Negro Cunt, you're gettin' the RIKISHI ASS TREATMENT!!!   Fuck you Dave Nigga.  :bigfinger:

Go Away, can't you find another website for old perverts somewhere?

Edited by s pump
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, s pump said:

There are limitations on phone GPS. If you travel too far out of service network, maps don't download with you as you move. Not sure how big of an area they will take you but I've been out of map range a bunch of times in the back woods. We sometimes are pretty deep. You can cache maps beforehand but area is finite and we cover a lot of ground sometimes and not a great option IMO. I'd rather have a dedicated GPS, leaning towards a 278 cs but it is pretty big. I need to put my hands on one before I buy.

I had the Garmin Montana (skidoo model) and really didnt care for it at all. I found it very NOT user friendly for the uses I wanted it for. So i wouldnt waste my money on that one. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I had the Garmin Montana (skidoo model) and really didnt care for it at all. I found it very NOT user friendly for the uses I wanted it for. So i wouldnt waste my money on that one. 

I know, I bought one and never used it. I like the Garmin stuff and have had a few. I have a 12" on my boat and it's user friendly. I need a big screen and like buttons vs touch screen. 

1 minute ago, s pump said:

I know, I bought one and never used it. I like the Garmin stuff and have had a few. I have a 12" on my boat and it's user friendly. I need a big screen and like buttons vs touch screen. 

I have had other Garmin units that I liked better. I thought that one was way too complicated and didnt do what I wanted it to. For that kind of money its a dud. The polaris unit rocks! 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have had other Garmin units that I liked better. I thought that one was way too complicated and didnt do what I wanted it to. For that kind of money its a dud. The polaris unit rocks! 

Yup, map detail sucked and screen was hard to see in anything other than shade. Took it out of the box, fired it up and said fuck this thing. Went and bout a Lowrance Elite 5 and kept in in my bar bag, only pulled it out when the Ginger was lost.

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

Yup, map detail sucked and screen was hard to see in anything other than shade. Took it out of the box, fired it up and said fuck this thing. Went and bout a Lowrance Elite 5 and kept in in my bar bag, only pulled it out when the Ginger was lost.

Why , was Ginger point man?

23 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Polaris 550 please follow these instructions very carefully.

46627394_1347305655431472_5562143499140202496_n.jpg

You think I'm gonna' listen to a guy with the name GayBlade Fever? I don't think so!!

STFU Steve!! You think that's funny??? 

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You fukken Canadian Negro Cunt, you're gettin' the RIKISHI ASS TREATMENT!!!   Fuck you Dave Nigga.  :bigfinger:

He is a big guy my money is on you not being able to hold stinky down plus he already is s stinky :lol:

2 hours ago, s pump said:

No, seriously, go away you weirdo. 

If you don't want the RIKISHI ASS TREATMENT, then STFU!! 

11 minutes ago, Momorider said:

He is a big guy my money is on you not being able to hold stinky down plus he already is s stinky :lol:

I'll have plenty of help, trust me. He's gonna' get the " ASS ODOR SPECIAL " !!  

All I need is a compass and an occasional town or bar sign.   If I rode the UP more a GPS showing the legal forest/fire lanes would be nice.  Fact is I only have a destination if the trails are good.   Follow the smooth trails where they take me.   Fuck riding rough shit.  Too old for that.  I'll save the off trail riding for out west.

download (3).jpg

Edited by Highmark