Check your account email address ×

Lower cost Navigation options

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , we're going to get lost :lol:   i've never had anything either but it would be nice as we venture more off the beaten path these days :bc:

it gives you a lot more confidence when you see that old turn off thats calling to be explored.  i ended up going places last year i NEver would have without it.  and the short cuts!! well worth it.

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

No signage?

ya but sometimes its a little  lot like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz hanging on that post pointing both ways.  

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

is it really pricy for what you get and can use it for? I did not think so . I have been watching them progress over the last few,seasons and pulled the trigger this yr along with a bud who got 1 also . I was pushed in to it a bit more because my bud who got 1 is pretty techy and will have it down pat in short order.  then I can get the cliff notes tutorials.

Yeah , I guess 6 beans is pretty reasonable considering . I'm just worried the thing might be too complex to figure the hell out . I do love the idea of that big screen tho considering I'm blind as a fuckin bat  :bc:

3 minutes ago, old indy said:

it gives you a lot more confidence when you see that old turn off thats calling to be explored.  i ended up going places last year i NEver would have without it.  and the short cuts!! well worth it.

ya but sometimes its a little  lot like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz hanging on that post pointing both ways.  

That too .  A 3 way split and a faded sharpie arrow pointing to 2 of the three directions :lol:   :bc:

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What kind of idiot rides offtrail 10 at night?!   I was talking about a couple past trail rides.:lol: 

The same idiot that was stuck in a creek for 3 hours by himself

:dunno:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well relative to the 650 that the Montana used to cost and 900 for a PIDD, its a lot lower than those two options  :dunno: 

Just askin. :thumbsup:

I went the same way as old indy and put my nuvi in one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAULSTI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What kind of idiot rides offtrail 10 at night?!   I was talking about a couple past trail rides.:lol: 

I have only 1 time been looking hard for a place to build shelter to spend the night . it is a bit more nerve racking than you would think. 

out all day in the hills of alpine WY snowing super  hard all day  . sun starts going down then you realise you have ZERO idea where the fuck you are . gets real in a hurry lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ll be the judge of that I guess. Garmin 610 Montana it is, thanks for your help guys.  400 bones shipped!

Are these things fairly easy to use? I am so behind the times when it comes to things like Bluetooth, Apps, and the whole lot of it, it isn't even funny. I have wanted a GPS for the sled for a while now as I'd like to venture a bit more with my son. I guess I am fearful of getting lost or not being able to find my way back if we do go to some place unfamiliar so I have basically stuck around locally for the past few years. Lots chase snow and there are times I wish I was riding but due to the lack of snow locally, I'm afraid to chase as well. 

I just found this vid so I am going to check it out.

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Looking for a more cost efficient Nav system this year.  I had a little handheld a few years back but screen is too small.  Polaris PIDD Nav  is great but no way am I gonna spend 900 bucks for it.  Bro is talking a Garmin 73sv.  Discuss.

You can get many awesome gps apps for your phone. Saw some really great mounts that even have a heated element to keep your screen and battery from freezing up. Think I saw some on dootalk. Was going to get one til I bought the assault. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Anler said:

You can get many awesome gps apps for your phone. Saw some really great mounts that even have a heated element to keep your screen and battery from freezing up. Think I saw some on dootalk. Was going to get one til I bought the assault. 

You sprang for the premium gauge though......

21 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Well you have alot of confadance!!!!

just know when it is time to turn around . in the hills you almost never run enough to get to low. 

most places I ride I never get more than a few miles from the cabin or trailer . even in the Up we usually trailer to a destanation and unload every morning to avoid the trail and time on it all together