Check your account email address ×

California quietly admits that trump was right, looks to re evaluate logging restrictions

Rod

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Appears to quietly admit..... sure dumb dumb

I didn’t see raking the forest floor mentioned. 

Fuck raking, this is America! We nuke the trees that threaten our safety around here!

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Small controlled fires , not during a drought.

Come on dude, the whole fucking area is in major drought conditions. Even if you raked all the forest floors, did some control burns, it’ll barely touch the problem

I read the title, now I have the dopey topic poster on ignore but I thought well I'll check this out; and of course doing this just reinforced my conviction that Rod is Momo stupid. In any event I did a little Googlin and of course Rod never disappoints with falling for bullshit. Back you go on ignore again Rod :thumb:

Yes Governor Brown has proposed easing logging restrictions, but this had nothing to do with our president..........as you can see Governor Brown proposed this back in August.

Gov. Jerry Brown proposes easing logging rules to thin forests

PUBLISHED: August 23, 2018 at 12:00 am | UPDATED: August 31, 2018 at 12:00 am

Faced with the worst summer fire season in 10 years, Gov. Jerry Brown is proposing broad new changes to California’s logging rules that would allow landowners to cut larger trees and build temporary roads without obtaining a permit as a way to thin more forests across the state.

The proposal — which has the support of the timber industry but is being opposed by more than a dozen environmental groups — would represent one of the largest changes to the state’s timber harvesting rules in the past 45 years.

The legislative session ends for the year next Friday. On Thursday, the details were still being negotiated by legislative leaders and the governor’s office behind the scenes and had not yet been formally introduced in a bill or put up for a vote.

“They are trying to get to some kind of a deal,” said Rich Gordon, the president of the California Forestry Association, a timber industry group. “They are looking at what can get done politically.”

Under Brown’s proposal, private landowners would be able to cut trees up to 36 inches in diameter — up from the current 26 inches — on property 300 acres or less without getting a timber harvest permit from the state, as long as their purpose was to thin forests to reduce fire risk. They also would be able to build roads of up to 600 feet long without getting a permit, as long as they repaired and replanted them.

Timber industry officials say the changes are needed to cut red tape and increase incentives for landowners, particularly in the Sierra Nevada, to thin pine and fir forests that have become dangerously overgrown after 100 years of fire fighting.

https://www.santacruzsentinel.com/2018/08/23/gov-jerry-brown-proposes-easing-logging-rules-to-thin-forests/?fbclid=iwar13bm2uv3xwub_merqvcqozgecr4cmr6d2xrgil_nqmracxd542dp2ysaa

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Come on dude, the whole fucking area is in major drought conditions. Even if you raked all the forest floors, did some control burns, it’ll barely touch the problem

You can't control the weather. 

Yes people like you think you can but you can't.  If the weather is gonna say fuck you no rain then well there you have it.

• Gold Member

Open all forest in the spring to early summer to ORV travel for the purpose of cutting firewood or cutting timber for personnel and commercial use.  No vehicles over 3 tons allowed.   Free permits and inspection to make sure slash piles are piled up in areas where cutting happens.  Forest service and state then comes in the winter and burn the slash piles.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I read the title, now I have the dopey topic poster on ignore but I thought well I'll check this out; and of course doing this just reinforced my conviction that Rod is Momo stupid. In any event I did a little Googlin and of course Rod never disappoints with falling for bullshit. Back you go on ignore again Rod :thumb:

Yes Governor Brown has proposed easing logging restrictions, but this had nothing to do with our president..........as you can see Governor Brown proposed this back in August.

It still means trump was right you midget retard :lol: 

liberalism always leads to the deaths of people 

All that precious biomass fuel wasted into pollution and death. Fukken Americans. 

All large forest tacts should have clear cut areas, for control and management. EVERY FUKKEN tree in the clear-cut zone fed into a whole-tree chipper, and the chips hauled to a wood-fired power plant.  

NO SLASH, NO BRUSH, NO NOTHING. 

47 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ya but....Obama loved trees it’s his fault

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

So what’s going to be done about the real problem? Or do you bozos think this is the fix? :lol:

controlled burns are the solution.  obvosly the trafic and high cost of living and overarching regulations are not working. they could quit the sanctuary city shit that could help a little