Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, smokin george said:

I'd check Mississauga Steel Mart (waterloo) and see what their price would be cut to size. Once it rusts it will keep coming back

I’d have to hire some place to make them. I wouldn’t be able to drill all the holes and keep them inline.

i have found some sets for sale but apparently these tables aren’t made any more so I’d have to buy a set that measures out close to what I have.

I’ll clean them for now. Maybe replace them later.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I’d have to hire some place to make them. I wouldn’t be able to drill all the holes and keep them inline.

i have found some sets for sale but apparently these tables aren’t made any more so I’d have to buy a set that measures out close to what I have.

I’ll clean them for now. Maybe replace them later.

Get them Re chromed ? 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My weekend here. My ex in-laws are moving to town from their farm and back when my son was born I sent my foosball table to their barn for storage as it was in the spare bedroom. That was 25 years. My son and drove the 2 hours to go get it yesterday. They also gave me 2 canoes and a gum ball machine. My son got a chest full of tools that belonged to to his great grandfather.

The foosball table is hurting after all these years in the barn. Worst part is the once chrome rods are now rusted. I’ve cleaned on with my wire wheel but what can be done to keep the rust from returning?

Im assuming I’ll have to paint them but then they won’t slide the same. Maybe some type of oil that won’t end up on everything.

Any ideas?

0270AA7A-F78E-4E97-A1EC-7DC355F02141.thumb.jpeg.4ad545b880de789071ac5bb17275316a.jpeg3D4F10B5-E614-461F-9FA0-9C3341398F9F.thumb.jpeg.6fa91d84cfaa62b51418237800beb568.jpeg

I want one to go with the pool table.

1 hour ago, Garrettv said:

Get them Re chromed ? 

Probably buy new table for the cost of crome 

paying 200 to get door handle done  . 

Maybe try some kimd of Crome wrap.  

Edited by Cold War

3 hours ago, Garrettv said:

Get them Re chromed ? 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Probably buy new table for the cost of crome 

paying 200 to get door handle done  . 

Maybe try some kimd of Crome wrap.  

Ya, I’ve looked in to having stuff chromed before and it’s always cheaper to just buy replacements.

A friend wanted to rechrome a front bumper for his truck. The place wanted $900. He bought a new bumper for $400.

i do have a family friend down the road who’s son works for Kuntz Electroplate here in town. Used to be you could get one of these guys to sneak the part in and have it done by the night shift but I’m sure that’s frowned apon these days.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I’ve looked in to having stuff chromed before and it’s always cheaper to just buy replacements.

A friend wanted to rechrome a front bumper for his truck. The place wanted $900. He bought a new bumper for $400.

i do have a family friend down the road who’s son works for Kuntz Electroplate here in town. Used to be you could get one of these guys to sneak the part in and have it done by the night shift but I’m sure that’s frowned apon these days.

Yeah, we have been going replacement on all popular models.  Bumpers, handles,  moldings.  Way cheaper.  Unless it is a rarer car with no re-pops.  You are forced to re- crome.   

Stripping & replating is on its way out in US. Very environmentally un friendly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

One of many today. I’m not sure how many dupe accounts @Dave has on Facebook , but I wish the fucker would stop.:lol:

5F7F7514-41BC-4E97-8193-21F7B219F647.jpeg

Why do people think saying cash is an incentive to lower the price? What are the other forms of payment they expect to use?

Not like you'd take a cheque from some random asshole.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Why do people think saying cash is an incentive to lower the price? What are the other forms of payment they expect to use?

I was selling a car once and the lady walked because I wouldn’t accept her personal check. She threw a fit and was pissed. I didn’t care. Ba bye.:lol: 

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Haha...I've been emailing dudes about these snow tires and they all have said that....380 cash money!!!   

STR8 Cash Homey!!!!!!!

Had the day off today which was nice. :bc:

Didn't end up tagging a deer over the weekend, weather went to shit about 2PM on Saturday and we never saw much of anything after that. 

Did some stuff around the house today. Got a new headboard installed on my bed, looks good.

Now time for a beer. :bc:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SSFB said:

Had the day off today which was nice. :bc:

Didn't end up tagging a deer over the weekend, weather went to shit about 2PM on Saturday and we never saw much of anything after that. 

Did some stuff around the house today. Got a new headboard installed on my bed, looks good.

Now time for a beer. :bc:

Pics of a hot lady tied to it or it didn’t happen?

• Haha 1