Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread

16 minutes ago, smokin george said:

When I was selling my enclosed some goof wanted me to haul it 2hrs to his place so he could see if his sxs would fit in thru the rear ramp. I told him that's not gonna happen. Nerve of some idiots. The guy that bought it gave a $500 deposit and then didn't hear from him for 2 weeks. I was going to call the next guy in line to come pick it up. I sold an old 9ft single to the 1st guy last week who was getting back into sledding. 

Exact measurements in my ad . 

Guy drives over 2 hours across border to buy trailer.  Has no idea if his extended sled will fit.  Comes with no tape measure or flashlight. Borrows both from me.  On phone for half hour, sending wife out to barn to measure his sled, and he STILL is unsatisfied if it will fit! 

Now wants me to knock 200 off price so if it doesn’t work out he can make  profit for his troubles. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Guy drives over 2 hours across border to buy trailer.  Has no idea if his extended sled will fit.  Comes with no tape measure or flashlight. Borrows both from me.  On phone for half hour, sending wife out to barn to measure his sled, and he STILL is unsatisfied if it will fit! 

Now wants me to knock 200 off price so if it doesn’t work out he can make  profit for his troubles.

We are living in a country where the younger generation feels they are entitled to everything. The bastards even want it to carry over to their trailer buying mistakes :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It takes all kinds.the guy that bought my single only asked if a long track would fit and I told him it"ll hang over a little bit. He didn't even haggle and said to make out the bill for the full amount.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

We are living in a country where the younger generation feels they are entitled to everything. The bastards even want it to carry over to their trailer buying mistakes :lol: 

I was trying to be nice as possible. 

“Clearly you can see trailer not working out is really no fault of mine”   I did not misrepresent the trailer. 

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I had one guy wanting me to knock $500 off to cover his gas cuz he was driving 5-6 hrs to get here. I price my stuff to sell but not giving it away. I look after my stuff for the most part and they can go buy somebody else"s junk.

Id never give anyone gas money...nor would i take a deposit...unless it was a friend of course....i never answer anyone who says whats your bottom dollar.

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Sell everything cheap...no hassles ever for the most part...and usually cash in hand in less then 24hrs.

The trailer can sit in my driveway for a few days for a two hundred dollar difference.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My weekend here. My ex in-laws are moving to town from their farm and back when my son was born I sent my foosball table to their barn for storage as it was in the spare bedroom. That was 25 years. My son and drove the 2 hours to go get it yesterday. They also gave me 2 canoes and a gum ball machine. My son got a chest full of tools that belonged to to his great grandfather.

The foosball table is hurting after all these years in the barn. Worst part is the once chrome rods are now rusted. I’ve cleaned on with my wire wheel but what can be done to keep the rust from returning?

Im assuming I’ll have to paint them but then they won’t slide the same. Maybe some type of oil that won’t end up on everything.

Any ideas?

0270AA7A-F78E-4E97-A1EC-7DC355F02141.thumb.jpeg.4ad545b880de789071ac5bb17275316a.jpeg3D4F10B5-E614-461F-9FA0-9C3341398F9F.thumb.jpeg.6fa91d84cfaa62b51418237800beb568.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

The trailer can sit in my driveway for a few days for a two hundred dollar difference.

Id rather see it gone asap....usually the first person who responds to my ads buy my shit. :lol:

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Id never give anyone gas money...nor would i take a deposit...unless it was a friend of course....i never answer anyone who says whats your bottom dollar.

I’ll take a deposit with a committed date as to when they will return to pick up.

i won’t hold anything without deposit.

most driveway deals are done on the spot though.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My weekend here. My ex in-laws are moving to town from their farm and back when my son was born I sent my foosball table to their barn for storage as it was in the spare bedroom. That was 25 years. My son and drove the 2 hours to go get it yesterday. They also gave me 2 canoes and a gum ball machine. My son got a chest full of tools that belonged to to his great grandfather.

The foosball table is hurting after all these years in the barn. Worst part is the once chrome rods are now rusted. I’ve cleaned on with my wire wheel but what can be done to keep the rust from returning?

Im assuming I’ll have to paint them but then they won’t slide the same. Maybe some type of oil that won’t end up on everything.

Any ideas?

0270AA7A-F78E-4E97-A1EC-7DC355F02141.thumb.jpeg.4ad545b880de789071ac5bb17275316a.jpeg3D4F10B5-E614-461F-9FA0-9C3341398F9F.thumb.jpeg.6fa91d84cfaa62b51418237800beb568.jpeg

Ive never seen one like that where the rods are one piece...the one i had...had a mainn rod...and the players where attached to another and slid over the main....not sure if ya know what i mean...lol

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I’ll take a deposit with a committed date as to when they will return to pick up.

i won’t hold anything without deposit.

most driveway deals are done on the spot though.

I dont hold anything...except for a friend

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Any ideas?

I remember those.  Do you really plan on keeping it?  Hard to complete with today's games imo.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Any ideas?

Coat the poles with wd40. They spin a lot better that way. And keep them lubed up so they don’t rust again.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive never seen one like that where the rods are one piece...the one i had...had a mainn rod...and the players where attached to another and slid over the main....not sure if ya know what i mean...lol

That's how I remember them.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Any ideas?

How thick are the rods?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I remember those.  Do you really plan on keeping it?  Hard to complete with today's games imo.

We have the exact same table up north. Not the best but who cares? We’re usually half in the bag anyway when we play. :lol: 

Driving home from dinner last night we see all these cars parked everywhere.  We decided to go investigate, obviously party going on.   Holy shit !!!  We had a great time, laughed our asses off,    

Band was actually pretty damn good. 

EC5525B2-9CD5-4475-A773-8409311ECB92.jpeg

79CC5A0F-A993-4686-999D-CAA27A4A5897.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We did mostly ping pong and pool.  The pong was great.

Oh yeah. Love a good ping pong game. My son and I can play for hours.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not worth anything to sell I assume.

It will sit in my shop for now while I redo my basement.