Check your account email address ×

Blue Marble Oil...yeah an oil thread!!!!

Snowmobile manus spend large amounts of money trying to convince, manipulate, and trick people into thinking only their oil should be used as it's the best.

What people don't realize is "NONE" of these manu's have their own oil refineries, they get someone else to make/produce it for them and when their label is placed on the bottle/jug, the price automatically doubles or triples.

Marketing at its best and the money they spend on it they get back 10 fold. I had a huge thread/debate at TY a few years ago and not once, when the big shots joined the thread, did any of them provide a VOA (virgin oil sample) when I asked them to. :news:

I just recently noticed this big ad from Yamaha. Not sure what this cost but I imagine a ton. Again, they will spare no expense to trick/fool people into believing their oil is the best.

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/about/technology/power_source/007/

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/do-you-yamalube.117849/

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Or, the wrong type of oil.  Hey Jimmy...pull your valves and see what they look like.  That’s a good indicator of how well your mil is using the oil you are putting in it.

It’s easy to do.  They prolly need a good cleaning anyway.

I planned on doing that.

People who try to save a buck by running non oem which brp spent millions designing specifically for the etec motors shouldn’t be riding snowmobiles. 

Dynotech has done multple writeups now where they have stated both DOO And POO motors they’ve dynoed that have showed poorly have all run “non oem oil” 

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

People who try to save a buck by running non oem which brp spent millions designing specifically for the etec motors shouldn’t be riding snowmobiles. 

Dynotech has done multple writeups now where they have stated both DOO And POO motors they’ve dynoed that have showed poorly have all run “non oem oil” 

lol spent millions my ass they wont evern spend the money to get there oil certified . 

if they had so much faith in there oil why not let it lub there bearings 

I ran mystic last year....that shit can be had as low as 11$ a gallon. Unless you have one if the sdi engines like cat or poo or an etec I would feed that old carb mill the cheapest shit i could find. 

It doesnt matter a bit. I've seen a poo cfi 600 run on fucking 10w-30 or bar and chain oil :lol:

12 hours ago, irv said:

Snowmobile manus spend large amounts of money trying to convince, manipulate, and trick people into thinking only their oil should be used as it's the best.

What people don't realize is "NONE" of these manu's have their own oil refineries, they get someone else to make/produce it for them and when their label is placed on the bottle/jug, the price automatically doubles or triples.

Marketing at its best and the money they spend on it they get back 10 fold. I had a huge thread/debate at TY a few years ago and not once, when the big shots joined the thread, did any of them provide a VOA (virgin oil sample) when I asked them to. :news:

I just recently noticed this big ad from Yamaha. Not sure what this cost but I imagine a ton. Again, they will spare no expense to trick/fool people into believing their oil is the best.

Yep, it's a scam. oil is all marketing. They private brand another oil so they can charge you $40-$50 a gallon for it. Tell you that you have to use theirs because others might not be as good and your engine could fail. All types of oil have to meet the minimum requirements and if your engine is designed for that type that's all you need. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Yep, it's a scam. oil is all marketing. They private brand another oil so they can charge you $40-$50 a gallon for it. Tell you that you have to use theirs because others might not be as good and your engine could fail. All types of oil have to meet the minimum requirements and if your engine is designed for that type that's all you need. 

Exactly

16 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

x2

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I ran mystic last year....that shit can be had as low as 11$ a gallon. Unless you have one if the sdi engines like cat or poo or an etec I would feed that old carb mill the cheapest shit i could find. 

It doesnt matter a bit. I've seen a poo cfi 600 run on fucking 10w-30 or bar and chain oil :lol:

I'm going to look for that at the local farm store...seems like a decent cheap choice.

14 hours ago, irv said:

Nailed it. :bc: 

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Didn’t nail it. :flush: 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

In around 2012 Mystic threw a bunch of money at 4 or 5 Iron Dog teams and the race. They all ran mystic oil in their practice sleds and everyone in the race ran the mystic oil, even the etecs. 

I didnt hear of one oil related engine failure. The etecs ran plenty good on it. Some of those practice sleds had 3500 miles on them. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

In around 2012 Mystic threw a bunch of money at 4 or 5 Iron Dog teams and the race. They all ran mystic oil in their practice sleds and everyone in the race ran the mystic oil, even the etecs. 

I didnt hear of one oil related engine failure. The etecs ran plenty good on it. Some of those practice sleds had 3500 miles on them. 

I was semi concerned about what I ran through the electronic oil pump on the poo but after warranty was up I ran the cheap shit and noticed no difference

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Sea and Snow,I put that shit in everything.  Don’t be getting all of your Klim pantys in a bunch. Do you guys bring your cars to the dealership for brand specific oil changes? 

ONLY MOTOCRAFT OIL AND FILTERS 1111Q!!!!!×

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Sea and Snow,I put that shit in everything.  Don’t be getting all of your Klim pantys in a bunch. Do you guys bring your cars to the dealership for brand specific oil changes? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Per the a tech at Mystic doo oil is very good and was designed specifically to run in the etec motor. Furthermore the Dyno doesn’t lie the numbers are the numbers and saying sleds running mystic oil in a cross country race doesn’t prove those sleds made more HP. That’s not a drag race its a cross country race. 

From the Dynotech report on the 850 Polaris 

The new single ring pistons still require heavy loading breakin to create optimal sealing and maximum HP. On this zero hour engine (the crank taper was absolutely virgin-- surely no prior dyno time prior to its arrival here) we picked up 5-6HP over 35-40 dyno sweep tests on Polaris VES synthetic injector oil. Remember, the lowest HP Axys 800HO engines tested here over the last few years all seem to have been run on non Polaris oil. One of the lower powered ones, a 144 HP 800HO was owned by an unnamed pal of mine who used WalMart two stroke oil to save a few bucks. It’s smart to use Polaris oil, and ride the sled hard to get the rings seated nicely. Or, break the engine in hard on an engine dyno, or even better is the track loader dyno like the one used by Joe D at Sports Unlimited in Utica, NY. There, you can not only seat the rings but also break in the whole drivetrain at the same time.

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Per the a tech at Mystic doo oil is very good and was designed specifically to run in the etec motor. Furthermore the Dyno doesn’t lie the numbers are the numbers and saying sleds running mystic oil in a cross country race doesn’t prove those sleds made more HP. That’s not a drag race its a cross country race. 

From the Dynotech report on the 850 Polaris 

The new single ring pistons still require heavy loading breakin to create optimal sealing and maximum HP. On this zero hour engine (the crank taper was absolutely virgin-- surely no prior dyno time prior to its arrival here) we picked up 5-6HP over 35-40 dyno sweep tests on Polaris VES synthetic injector oil. Remember, the lowest HP Axys 800HO engines tested here over the last few years all seem to have been run on non Polaris oil. One of the lower powered ones, a 144 HP 800HO was owned by an unnamed pal of mine who used WalMart two stroke oil to save a few bucks. It’s smart to use Polaris oil, and ride the sled hard to get the rings seated nicely. Or, break the engine in hard on an engine dyno, or even better is the track loader dyno like the one used by Joe D at Sports Unlimited in Utica, NY. There, you can not only seat the rings but also break in the whole drivetrain at the same time.

Complete anecdotal bullshit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Complete anecdotal bullshit

Dude what the fuck do you know. You’re a fucking big mouth know it all. You don’t know shit about anything that is fast or how to make anything fast except your big mouth

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Dude what the fuck do you know. You’re a fucking big mouth know it all. You don’t know shit about anything that is fast or how to make anything fast except your big mouth

IMG_4583.JPG.9f7c1e822ee20d29e9e3e59b0e336681.JPG