Check your account email address ×

Blue Marble Oil...yeah an oil thread!!!!

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Maybe....maybe not.   Would you run cheap Walmart oil in your sleds?  

I ran mystik in everything last year. It passed the same tests as every other oil. I noticed zero difference. 

What's fact is that Polaris doesnt make their own oil. It's made at one of a few locations where all oil is made and then they add some dyes and fragrance. 

You'd have to be brain dead to believe the anecdotal claims made that JT posted. 

I know what it takes to make 6hp and a few lbs difference in compression isnt doing it.

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I ran mystik in everything last year. It passed the same tests as every other oil. I noticed zero difference. 

What's fact is that Polaris doesnt make their own oil. It's made at one of a few locations where all oil is made and then they add some dyes and fragrance. 

You'd have to be brain dead to believe the anecdotal claims made that JT posted. 

I know what it takes to make 6hp and a few lbs difference in compression isnt doing it.

I'm not saying I'm completely buying or not buying Dynotech's results nor am I saying Mystik is bad oil.   All I'm saying is buy and run what you want.   I use to be a dealer for Blue Marble and ran a bunch of it alongside Amsoil.   

22 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Sea and Snow,I put that shit in everything.  Don’t be getting all of your Klim pantys in a bunch. Do you guys bring your cars to the dealership for brand specific oil changes? 

Now that's some funny shit.  "I ain't spending more than $3 for a quart of oil....theY R ALL tha SamE!!!!"   .-rolls around in head to toe Klim gear.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Not sure why anyone would comment with all the experts on here.  :lol:   Run what you want.  

Exactly.  I've regurgitated for a decade on this.  It's simple...oils are not all equal.  That doesn't mean the OEM brands are the best out there either.  But most do have better additives.

If you run Walmart shit and "never had any issues because it's ALL THE SAME STUFF".  I'd rather discuss hockey with a pee wee soccer player.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not saying I'm completely buying or not buying Dynotech's results nor am I saying Mystik is bad oil.   All I'm saying is buy and run what you want.   I use to be a dealer for Blue Marble and ran a bunch of it alongside Amsoil.   

I'm just very skeptical of hp claims when it comes to oils fuels and additives. You know as well as I do what it takes to squeeze another 6hp out of an 800cc mill. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Now that's some funny shit.  "I ain't spending more than $3 for a quart of oil....theY R ALL tha SamE!!!!"   .-rolls around in head to toe Klim gear.  :lol: 

Exactly.  I've regurgitated for a decade on this.  It's simple...oils are not all equal.  That doesn't mean the OEM brands are the best out there either.  But most do have better additives.

If you run Walmart shit and "never had any issues because it's ALL THE SAME STUFF".  I'd rather discuss hockey with a pee wee soccer player.

Dynotech did another test back in 2005 which included Blue Marble.   Fairly insignificant results and small enough that I doubt any butt dyno people could actually tell.  

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm just very skeptical of hp claims when it comes to oils fuels and additives. You know as well as I do what it takes to squeeze another 6hp out of an 800cc mill. 

Absolutely.   I think the test mentioned is poor at best because little was "controlled."   

Reality is some sleds are a bit stronger out of the box.   Can breaking in have something to do with that?   Yes but some simply still are a bit stronger no matter the break in procedure done.     4% seems a bit much for an exact comparison but possible.   

I'll never forget the break in procedure for the Paraplane's we use to fly that had Rotax 583's.   It was like 8 hours long and lots of long hard pulls very quickly into the procedure.  

Edited by Highmark

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dynotech did another test back in 2005 which included Blue Marble.   Fairly insignificant results and small enough that I doubt any butt dyno people could actually tell.  

I should have backread a bit more. This turned into dyno HP claims from different oil brands?  My goodness.  

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I should have backread a bit more. This turned into dyno HP claims from different oil brands?  My goodness.  

Thank your fellow Derp Brother JT.🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Absolutely.   I think the test mentioned is poor at best because little was "controlled."   

Reality is some sleds are a bit stronger out of the box.   Can breaking in have something to do with that?   Yes but some simply still are a bit stronger no matter the break in procedure done.     4% seems a bit much for an exact comparison but possible.   

I'll never forget the break in procedure for the Paraplane's we use to fly that had Rotax 583's.   It was like 8 hours long and lots of long hard pulls very quickly into the procedure.  

Exactly....zero control. Insignificant total subjects tested and no investigation into any other differences.....MUST BE THE OIL!!!1111

I've never run OE oil before but will with the new sled.  CTEC2 oil was $27 a gallon at Haydays.  I only bought a gallon, wish I bought more.

Previous owner ran Amsoil Interceptor.  I wasn't impressed with how gummed up the valves were at 1500 miles.  

In reality, any of the modern synthetic 2 stroke oils should work fine as long as they don't turn to molasses in the cold.  I used to run Amsoil but their whole MLM scheme is a turn off.  Every time you turn around there is someone hawking the stuff that doesn't know the first thing about oils.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

It's not my claim you brain dead fuck it's dynotechs. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

It's not my claim you brain dead fuck it's dynotechs. 

Read what I typed again slowly you brain dead fuck....I said claims you posted....anyone that can read knows they weren't yours. Fucking idiot

Now kill yourself you fucking asshole

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Read what I typed again slowly you brain dead fuck....I said claims you posted....anyone that can read knows they weren't yours. Fucking idiot

Now kill yourself you fucking asshole

Regardless you put my name to it so pound sand pussy

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

No jab at Dynotech but they have been pretty optimistic with their dyno charts for years..........I'd trust their numbers with about a 40% fudge factor.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You subbing for your cunty brother that ran away? 🤣🤣

Settle down. Just poking Ben about buying oil in bulk. For the record, you can run anything you want in that sled and be fine. I've run OEM oil, Mystic, and whatever the gas station is selling for 10's of thousands of miles. Never had an engine failure except spitting  a tootsie roll sized piece of piston out the port on my Assault at aboot 6000 miles. Guys always bust my balls but I've probably run Castrol of the gas station shelf more than any other oil. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bunch of faggots...I’m going to rack up miles out of fucking spite!!!!!!!!!!!😠😠😠😠😠🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's the spirit. Do like Rawn does and go out to roll over 400 miles for the day after we get back to camp.

4 minutes ago, s pump said:

No jab at Dynotech but they have been pretty optimistic with their dyno charts for years..........I'd trust their numbers with about a 40% fudge factor.

Settle down. Just poking Ben about buying oil in bulk. For the record, you can run anything you want in that sled and be fine. I've run OEM oil, Mystic, and whatever the gas station is selling for 10's of thousands of miles. Never had an engine failure except spitting  a tootsie roll sized piece of piston out the port on my Assault at aboot 6000 miles. Guys always bust my balls but I've probably run Castrol of the gas station shelf more than any other oil. 

The Fudge factor is irrelevant if what they claim about sleds running non-oem oil making less power than ones that run it. 

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The Fudge factor is irrelevant if what they claim about sleds running non-oem oil making less power than ones that run it. 

And anyone with a functioning brain knows that's bullshit