Check your account email address ×

How many miles on 600 e-tech before top end rebuild?

ckf

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

1/2 the dudes I ride with cant get into Canada. Then ya have the whole theft issue in pq.

theft issue at this points far less than it was although certainly my preference is to bag into southern quebec not drive in.  

Maybe you should hang out with a better class of people :news:  

For a couple of years i got dragged inside after being in a couple groups crossing with guys who had records,  finally last couple of times i got waved through.  We have a few in our group who can't go over the whole DUI things a ridiculous money grab.  

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

theft issue at this points far less than it was although certainly my preference is to bag into southern quebec not drive in.  

Maybe you should hang out with a better class of people :news:  

For a couple of years i got dragged inside after being in a couple groups crossing with guys who had records,  finally last couple of times i got waved through.  We have a few in our group who can't go over the whole DUI things a ridiculous money grab.  

I had a few small charges on my record for assault before i was 18 and still get hasseled over that every once in a while...needed to have proof what type of a convictions they were..never been turned back since i had proof...but being dragged in usually takes a half hr.

19 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I blew one on rte 120 in the allegash at that speed last winter. Snapped the fucking clutch spring and sent the chain tensioner bolt right thru the tensioner.

My 12 Cat would just about tear the clutch cover off every tie it blew a belt. It was all beat to shit in there. My 14 only blew one belt at 2000 miles but it did make a racket.

14 hours ago, DAVE said:

Just around presque isle on the border trail area.

You probably rode right through the Woolie family farm in Easton. Trail passed through 2 of our families old farms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

If it still pulls the same clutching it always has then its good.   A "tired" motor would need clutching adjustments.   

Most people wouldnt notice or care. Not many change clutch springs ever

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Most people wouldnt notice or care. Not many change clutch springs ever

People who don't pay attention to their sleds performance shouldn't be on one.  :lol:  

Reality is as springs go soft rpm should come down.   Shift rpm isn't only an indication of a motor getting "tired."  If the clutches are maintained and regularly replaced parts AND the sled has a hard time pulling normal peak RPM the motor might need refreshing.   Simple compression test can see that as well.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

People who don't pay attention to their sleds performance shouldn't be on one.  :lol:  

Reality is as springs go soft rpm should come down.   Shift rpm isn't only an indication of a motor getting "tired."  If the clutches are maintained and regularly replaced parts AND the sled has a hard time pulling normal peak RPM the motor might need refreshing.   Simple compression test can see that as well.  

Most guys I used to ride with never changed anything unless it broke. 20 year old sleds with the factory springs in them still. Only seen one break once. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Most guys I used to ride with never changed anything unless it broke. 20 year old sleds with the factory springs in them still. Only seen one break once. 

Most guys don't know their sled isn't running like it should.   Its why guys like me beat the shit out of them.  

IMHO the clutches should be refreshed every 2000 miles.   New bushings and springs for sure.   Anything loose or sloppy should be fixed.  

Then again most guys don't even check to see the accuracy of their tach's.   It's not quite as critical today as sleds powerbands are much wider.   In the "old days" a few hundred could mean you were down 25% on power.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Most guys don't know their sled isn't running like it should.   Its why guys like me beat the shit out of them.  

IMHO the clutches should be refreshed every 2000 miles.   New bushings and springs for sure.   Anything loose or sloppy should be fixed.  

Then again most guys don't even check to see the accuracy of their tach's.   It's not quite as critical today as sleds powerbands are much wider.   In the "old days" a few hundred could mean you were down 25% on power.  

When you are riding an old SRV you arent really concerned with performance. So if you are honking your horn over "beating the shit out of them" youre kind of a dick. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

When you are riding an old SRV you arent really concerned with performance. So if you are honking your horn over "beating the shit out of them" youre kind of a dick. :lol: 

Who rides a SRV?  :lol:  

Highdick only rides  perfectly maintained snowmobiles through the cornfields of Iowa....anything else would be uncivilized! 🧐

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who rides a SRV?  :lol:  

Lots of people still ride old stuff. I dont ride with alot of those guys anymore but it was always a pain in the ass. the one guy who broke his primary spring in the spring didnt do anything to it so when we went out the first time the next season we drive all the way up there get unloaded and start out. He is screaming "Hey wait up, my sled is still not running right!" I ask if he fixed it since last spring, he says "no" Im like did you think it was going to heal over the summer? One of the reasons I dont ride with those guys anymore. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Highdick only rides  perfectly maintained snowmobiles through the cornfields of Iowa....anything else would be uncivilized! 🧐

I keep my stuff maintained but I have never check my tachometer for accuracy. I just roll the dice and hope its close! :lol: 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Lots of people still ride old stuff. I dont ride with alot of those guys anymore but it was always a pain in the ass. the one guy who broke his primary spring in the spring didnt do anything to it so when we went out the first time the next season we drive all the way up there get unloaded and start out. He is screaming "Hey wait up, my sled is still not running right!" I ask if he fixed it since last spring, he says "no" Im like did you think it was going to heal over the summer? One of the reasons I dont ride with those guys anymore. :lol: 

:bc:

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Hate to say it...but 9.5 times out of 10 its usually guys on new cats that breakdown...i use to be one of them years ago.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dude what is your problem?

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Hate to say it...but 9.5 times out of 10 its usually guys on new cats that breakdown...i use to be one of them years ago.

Ive seen them all break down but it seems lately if there is an issue its with an Arctic Cat... :news: 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I keep my stuff maintained but I have never check my tachometer for accuracy. I just roll the dice and hope its close! :lol: 

Since my speedometer and odometer haven’t worked in five years, the tach is the only thing I have to look at.:lol: