Check your account email address ×

How many miles on 600 e-tech before top end rebuild?

ckf

Just now, f7ben said:

Fact is....if you ride a 600 and your buds all ride 800s and up you will be rebuilding it at a normal 5k mile interval. When you have to ride the fucking thing rung out 100% of the time just to stay near the back of the pack it ain't gonna live long

No

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Chick rider - 10k

Actual man trying to keep up to men. - 4.5k

really?  it's possible to keep up to real men on a 600?  

You changing your attitude here Bhen or are you just getting older?  :lol:

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Do the math...what did it cost you changing the oil twice a yr on your nytro...

Vector, Vector, Nytro and Sidewinder.

A gallon of Mobile1 5w-30 is $22. Filter is like $12.

Once a year at the end of the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

really?  it's possible to keep up to real men on a 600?  

You changing your attitude here Bhen or are you just getting older?  :lol:

Look....I'm a man not a monster. If someone was fucking dumb enough to buy a 600 part way through the season and after they finish a few rides by themselves we start waiting for them. Only after they learn their lesson though

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Not too bad....nothing like the 800....night and day difference.

600 etec will drink more gas than any modern sled in our group when ridden hard

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Look....I'm a man not a monster. If someone was fucking dumb enough to buy a 600 part way through the season and after they finish a few rides by themselves we start waiting for them. Only after they learn their lesson though

You had a 600 etec?

And i said oil...not fuel.

Just now, DAVE said:

You had a 600 etec?

Best bud had one. Ran out of gas several times before anyone else and blown up at 4k miles holding it wfo for miles trying to keep up going down the river. It's a chick sled

Just now, f7ben said:

Best bud had one. Ran out of gas several times before anyone else and blown up at 4k miles holding it wfo for miles trying to keep up going down the river. It's a chick sled

:lol:

You hold any sled wfo for miles...chances are shits gonna happen.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

:lol:

You hold any sled wfo for miles...chances are shits gonna happen.

Well when everyone in front of you is disappearing at a rapid pace what are you gonna do????  He bought a cfr 800 now and doesnt have that problem. The 600 gaytec was out of steam at 90....now hes just coasting at 100

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well when everyone in front of you is disappearing at a rapid pace what are you gonna do????  He bought a cfr 800 now and doesnt have that problem. The 600 gaytec was out of steam at 90....now hes just coasting at 100

Well maybe johns buddy isnt river or a lake runner. :lol:

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Chick rider....that's what I fucking said!!!111

wfo on the river is exciting for about 5 min . if i am stuck Midwest trail I will take tight twisty trail any day over running grade or river . I would just stay home if my options were ridding a river all day .unless it just got a fresh 2 feet .

that and I have had to fish a few buds out of the river never a fun job in Jan.  

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I wonder how much oil I have saved running 4 strokes over the past 13 years.....

i think i burned 12 gallons last winter at 45 per.  i get about 400 miles to a tank of oil at that point it's through the low warning and screaming so i started carrying/buying a quart on long days.  

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I thought they went through the oil too when ridden hard?

they do ridden hard but not like the 600 sdi,  that fucker ran through a tank in 300 miles .  the boys 600 shorty sips oil,  think he went 900 miles on basically a gallon,  only topped him up to finish off the oil i was putting in my sled.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

wfo on the river is exciting for about 5 min . if i am stuck Midwest trail I will take tight twisty trail any day over running grade or river . I would just stay home if my options were ridding a river all day .unless it just got a fresh 2 feet .

that and I have had to fish a few buds out of the river never a fun job in Jan.  

Come ride our river.....its 25 miles of winding racetrack and then opens up for 20 miles of 100+ mph run. Culminating in a beautiful bar stop 3 miles off river!!!

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Do the math...what did it cost you changing the oil twice a yr on your nytro...

Who changes oil twice a year? :lol: By mistake I went 2 years without changing it one time. I just get mine done at the dealer...it’s only like $80 at mine.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is a fuckload of butter burgers and curds!!!!!!!!!!!

One less order than it should have been.  :wall:

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Basically what I said..!!!

Yeah...but I like to type so....I extrapolated it a bit for you.  :lmao:

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I had around 12K on my 600sdi without any issues. I think @Angry ginger had around 10K on his. Another buddy had 13K on his.  A lot of the guys that had trouble had backed the oil injection off because the were pigs on oil. We left ours alone and spent a few more $$$ a year on oil.

SDI or etec?  I thought the question was about the etec.  They turned the oil down to save on oil costs?  O.o   

Hey, high mileage is possible if it's ridden like a white person.  To me, I ain't getting too far from home with 6-7k on the ODO.  I don't like that feeling of waiting for a squeak.  When I popped my stator it was the perfect reason to part her out.  

So, did you all attend church together then?  I thought gingers weren't allowed in God's house, tha filthy mongrels!  Or...is that just Wooly's house they aren't allowed in?  :lol: 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Fact is....if you ride a 600 and your buds all ride 800s and up you will be rebuilding it at a normal 5k mile interval. When you have to ride the fucking thing rung out 100% of the time just to stay near the back of the pack it ain't gonna live long

Yeah, that's a bad decision trying to save a buck or two on a 600 when your butt-buddies are all on 800's.  There's always a few that do it and can't figure out why their tanks run dry so quick on their "economical 600".  Fucking retards.  It's because you are pegging 7800 all day long!

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Riding with the ECDL, I was the guy on the 120hp sled. I was never much in the front, but always held my own in the middle.

Amazing the difference 80hp makes....

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Riding with the ECDL, I was the guy on the 120hp sled. I was never much in the front, but always held my own in the middle.

Amazing the difference 80hp makes....

It sure as fuck makes a huge difference in smiles