Check your account email address ×

Didja got yers?

40 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Almost every adult has a cell phone. Many of those that dont are elderly and they are glued to the TV. 

What better way to alert people of an emergency than their cell phones and TV. Who cares what the title said?

This new system has been in the works for nearly a year.  

Actually 12 years ago.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

This was suppose to be a president Hillary thing started by Obama.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/10/03/first-ever-nationwide-wireless-emergency-alert-test-will-begin-at-218pm-edt/

This marks the first time these systems are tested together, the result of an integration effort kicked of by former President Obama in 2015.

It's comical isn't it?

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, s pump said:

It's comical isn't it?

IDGAF who started it....we were in the middle of some severe thunderstorms and I heard my phone go off and I thought it was Twister time....nope just a message from The Donald! :lol:

he Federal Communications Commission proposed and adopted the network structure, operational procedures and technical requirements in 2007 and 2008 in response to the Warning, Alert, and Response Network (WARN) Act passed by Congress in 2006, which allocated $106 million to fund the program.[3] CMAS will allow federal agencies to accept and aggregate alerts from the President of the United States, the National Weather Service (NWS) and emergency operations centers, and send the alerts to participating wireless providers who will distribute the alerts to their customers with compatible devices via Cell Broadcast, a technology similar to SMS text messages that simultaneously delivers messages to all phones using a cell tower instead of individual recipients.[4][5]

The government issues three types of alerts through this system:

• Alerts issued by the President of the United States.
  • Alerts involving imminent threats to safety of life, issued in two different categories: extreme threats and severe threats
  • AMBER Alerts.[4]
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

True but the fact he was not the one who approved it this is a decade in the making

I know and I made that comment before I knew this.