Check your account email address ×

Favourite childhood restaurants

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/13/2018 at 9:47 AM, Skidooski said:

Most of them turned into Hardee's later on. I used to go to the one near Grand River and 8 mile as a kid. I think it's a White Castle now.

On the bold, those are the two I hit most also  :thumb: 

http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/forgottenmi/former/former.html

Never seen or  been to one :dunno:

Those are the only 2 around here that are worth getting food from. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:48 AM, xcr700 said:

Winnipeg and Selkirk still have Dairy Queens. We go to the Selkirk one every once in a while 

We've got DQs all over the place still 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:49 AM, Highmark said:

Well from college.  

Place called Shawarma's in Iowa City.   Best beer food I've ever had. 

You sure it wasn't just the beer? :lol:

On 9/13/2018 at 9:59 AM, SmeeAgain said:

I remember that restaurant! 

When I was a kid I remember eating at the local A&W in the car.  I'd put the glove box cover down to expose the little round-outs to put my root beer.  Pappa burger for Dad, momma burger for Mom, and a baby burger for me. Don't remember what my sister got :dunno:.   Everyone was always into the onion rings except me.   LOL  Best times were driving by the front window  with my buddies blowing the horn with our bare asses hanging out the side windows mooning the patrons after HS football games!  :lol:

We use to go there all the time when I was a kid and there were more of them.  There's one left. It's on Woodward in Royal Oak.

I miss the old A&W that was on Hall Road and Romeo Plank.  The car shows there back in the late 80s early 90s, were famous around the country.  It's been gone for a long time now.  It's a National Coney Island. 

On 9/13/2018 at 10:11 AM, SmeeAgain said:

They opened the first new A&W in years this summer in Almont MI.  That's just south of me.  I can think of 5 locations around me here in MI.  :bc:

Use to have one by me in Warren at Universal at 12 & Dequindre.  Been gone for a long time 

On 9/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, Skidooski said:

All this talk of A&W so I'm going to the one by Oakland Mall for lunch  :lol: 

:flush:

On 9/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

@ckf or anyone else upstate.

10177.jpg

There's a couple places around here that sell Stewart's. 

Someone else started making Town Club again, but it's not that same as it use to be. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

The 2 that come to mind and have likely already been mentioned are A&W and Ponderosa. I know A&W made a comeback but I'm talking about the old A&W where the girls came out on roller skates or were walking and hung your tray on the side window.

Edited by irv

21 minutes ago, Momorider said:

A&W make a good sodium burger if your into hardening of the arteries and cardinal infractions :guzzle: 

Not the worst of the bunch out there. Regardless, if your into eating fast food on a regular basis, does it really matter who you choose? 

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/canadas-unhealthiest-fast-food-burgers-194439634.html

54 minutes ago, irv said:

The 2 that come to mind and have likely already been mentioned are A&W and Ponderosa. I know A&W made a comeback but I'm talking about the old A&W where the girls came out on roller skates or were walking and hung your tray on the side window.

The wife was a roller skater at the Vic Park/O'Connor location when she was sixteen

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It failed here in New England

It's failing here too but in the 70's and early 80's it was the shizz! My parents and some of their friends used to take us for all you can eat king crab legs. It was my favorite place as a kid.