Check your account email address ×

Mexico may legalize heroin

Anler

What are your thoughts on this? Not surprising the pubes at Fox news think this is grounds to go to war. For some reason the video wont upload. 

Mexico May Legalize Heroin; Get Ready to Send In the US Air Force and Marines

written by adam dick
monday september 3, 2018printer.png
Fox News host Tucker Carlson suggested a United States war with Mexico last week during his interview with Juan Hernandez, who Carlson introduced as having been an advisor to former Mexico President Vicente Fox. In the interview focused on the prospect of state- or national-level legalization of heroin production in Mexico, Carlson emphatically asks his guest, “Why shouldn’t we consider it an act of aggression, an act of war, for the country that is the primary — and no one else comes close — supplier of this deadly drug into our country to consider making it easier to bring that drug here?”

Talk about an extreme warmongering approach to US foreign policy! Based on Carlson’s view, it is an act of war for Mexico’s government to not engage in a war on heroin and thus not pursue the rights violations and government power expansions that come with such prohibition policy. If the Mexico government chooses to respect the freedom of Mexicans to peacefully produce and sell a product that is in demand, Carlson seems to thinks it is fine to send in the US Marines and Air Force as a “defensive” reaction.

Ridiculously, Carlson points to overdose deaths in America to support his assessment that Mexico, by legalizing production of heroin, would be initiating war on America. The reality is that the greatest culprit for those deaths and many other dangers for drug users is the drug war being fought by local, state, and national governments in America.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Legalize it all or actually put a real effort into stopping it from coming in and yes that means sending troops to the border or even across it.   Lets face it what's happening now isn't working.   Making production in Mexico easier than it already is only means more will come across.   More coming across means it becomes even cheaper and more available.  

Its time to hold the countries responsible or make it ourselves and stop the money/violence that follows the illegal drug markets.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

No thanks , I am all for pot being legalized 100% but h? No way. 

There are some sound arguments for legalization or at least decriminalization. Drugs are basically funding the cartels and mexico is losing that battle. If they take away the funding from them they (Mexican govt)can take back control. I compare it to prohibition here in the 20's. Prohibition basically gave us the US mafia. And it was a similar situation where gangsters where shooting people, other gangs, cops, reporters, etc.. in the street.  Now its drugs, and its not like you cant get them now even tho they are illegal. 

I think its a good discussion to have. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Legalize it all or actually put a real effort into stopping it from coming in and yes that means sending troops to the border or even across it.   Lets face it what's happening now isn't working.   Making production in Mexico easier than it already is only means more will come across.   More coming across means it becomes even cheaper and more available.  

Or addicts just move to mexico.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Legalize it all or actually put a real effort into stopping it from coming in and yes that means sending troops to the border or even across it.   Lets face it what's happening now isn't working.   Making production in Mexico easier than it already is only means more will come across.   More coming across means it becomes even cheaper.  

Yes but on the other hand it would make the crops in Afghanistan worthless which is a positive.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Yes but on the other hand it would make the crops in Afghanistan worthless which is a positive.

Still coming thru Mexico.  

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:wtf: 

"All the things that comes with that lifestyle."

Jesus give it out for free and make it hot doses.  

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

America doesn’t have a heroin problem. It has an addiction problem. Take away heroin and some opiate analog will simply come along and take its place. Or meth. Or crack. 

Honest question where do you think the addiction problem comes from?  I'm not sure on the statistics, is it worse in the US than other industrialized nations?

25 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:wtf: 

This isnt a political idea, HIV, hepatitis and other diseases are on the rise. In some areas its a public health crisis. I know some republicans in Indiana were proposing needle programs in the southern part of the state because HIV cases were exploding there. 

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

This isnt a political idea, HIV, hepatitis and other diseases are on the rise. In some areas its a public health crisis. I know some republicans in Indiana were proposing needle programs in the southern part of the state because HIV cases were exploding there. 

I just wish they would have given me a safe space to do illegal things back when I was into illegal things  :lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Its time to hold the countries responsible or make it ourselves and stop the money/violence that follows the illegal drug markets.  

didn;t we already try to have a war on drugs and have it fail miserable.  

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The war on drugs is about putting people in jail and stealing their shit. Thats about it. It hasnt stopped the sale or use of drugs one bit. And with doctors pumping out future heroin addicts by the hundreds every day id say that people really arent that concerned with the use because if they were they would make prescription opiods illegal also. 

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm talking an all in one where you all but invade the country and destroy the cartels infrastructure and kill them as enemy combatants.   Start bombing the cartels assets like in Clear and Present Danger.

I don't want this at all but if you are going to fight it it needs to be taken to them.

Best answer is legalize and supply them ourselves and take the money out of it.   Legalize pot nationwide and use the tax revenue to pay for the harder addicts drugs.  

Edited by Highmark