Check your account email address ×

Moody's downgrades Ford's credit rating to one notch above junk bond status

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

They did get fed. money just not through TARP.

They took the opportunity to get money for the development of more fuel efficient vehicles. They did not need it to prevent bankruptcy. The opportunity was there for a low intrest loan, keeping capital and improving productivity/efficiency.

25 minutes ago, DAVE said:

And paid it back early...from the bank

The difference is Ford still holds the funds, like a home equity loan. They are paying the intrest and still floating above water. The only reason they took the money was to prevent being placed behind the eight ball when the others had increased potential backed by and being owned after the fact by the us government.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Ford only owes $1.7 billion of the $5.9 billion they were loaned from the DOE Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing program....  they pay $591 million in principle and interest every year in quarterly payments.  The loan, I believe will be paid in full by 2022 with a final balloon payment according to the terms of the loan.  You can see the financials of this on there quarterly filings with the SEC.....  page 21

https://s22.q4cdn.com/857684434/files/doc_financials/2018/2Q/Form-10-Q-June-30-2018.pdf

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Thanks for the tip, I'll be buying more tomorrow.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4203151-fords-6-percent-yield-sustainable

Wait a few more days. Let the news do its work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

GM fucked the American tax payers, Ford didn't. 

the government fucked the american taxpayers not GM.  They chose to give the initial lifelines,  then the government had a choice to take and hold equity and they did not do that they chose to sell their equity or they had a chance to take debt over equity and did not do that.  End of the day the people who got fucked the most by the gm bankruptcy were the bondholders whose positions were wiped to the benefit of the VEBA trust.  Pain to the taxpayer would have been far higher letting GM collapse,  then the PBGC would have owned the retirees pension and the tax losses from all the suppliers.  What I do think the goverment really fucked up was by allowing the new GM to keep the accrued tax losses, huge benefit to the new shareholders but not to the american taxpayer.  

End of day for GM worked well,  they are in the best financial shape of the big 3 and when the next recession comes Ford might be the ones looking for the handout that GM and Chrysler (2x) got.  I own both stocks,  def should have just bought more GM as Fords performance has been pitiful

45 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

But the ones who really fucked us are big banks and lenders. I'll never use a bank again. Credit Unions from now on for us. 

Don't run over to TBP and say that, Red Rocket will tell you it was the American borrower/consumer that caused it. :lmao:

58 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

But the ones who really fucked us are big banks and lenders. I'll never use a bank again. Credit Unions from now on for us. 

credit unions like to play like they are saints but they are far from it.  Like with any bank those at the top line their pockets at the expense of those underneath them.  but there are some things they are far better for like car and personal loans but for the rest of the product line they are no more or less greedy than any other type of bank on the consumer/small business side.  

Personally i would not use a large bank like a wells or BofA unless i traveled a lot and needed the convenience of the branch network for some reason.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

credit unions like to play like they are saints but they are far from it.  Like with any bank those at the top line their pockets at the expense of those underneath them.  but there are some things they are far better for like car and personal loans but for the rest of the product line they are no more or less greedy than any other type of bank on the consumer/small business side.  

Personally i would not use a large bank like a wells or BofA unless i traveled a lot and needed the convenience of the branch network for some reason.  

I still use a small bank. Like it when I have to call and you know the person on the other end.