Check your account email address ×

Transgender candidate for governor wins VT primary

ckf

The REASON some people move to Vermont is quite simple:

Most of those people are highly educated 

Most of them have a level of wealth

Vermont is one of the cleanest, most beautiful states in New England. 

You can drive for miles, and not see ANY litter on the roads. ( I have OCD and wish people could be shot for road littering )

There are ONLY 653, 000 people in the state.

There are less than 1% blacks in the state. 

Vermont has one of, if not the LOWEST crime rate in the usa.

Vermont is ranked as one of the best states nationally.

For an older person who wants peace and quiet, and few minorities, it's probably a good choice. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

What does gender identity have to do with ones ability to govern?  

Shouldn’t be about experience and the issues.......

Gotta love the ignorant rednecks publically spewing their hate :lol:  

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Coming from somebody that calls me "Tranny" as an insult?

Idiotic partisan hack.

Oh, I forgot to add, who the fuck cares if a tranny is running for Governor? It's only one person, who you would most-likely never see. 

Why would you care ??? If the state is beautiful, and you have a great house with land, why would you give a rat's ass about one person in the state capitol? 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

But it's a tax based on opinion and suggestion.  It's an opinion on the view, so if the property is worth more, then raise the property taxes that have guidelines and a basis, not someone's opinion.

it's an opinion base on empirical evidence.  Same house one facing a dump and one facing the mountains or a lake it's clear which one will sell for more.  As I tell clients all the time appraisal of their property is not an exact science,  it's an educated guess based on what is selling in the market.  My tax values about 80% of my street value right now,  if they catch up with the property value the mill rate goes down.  the only thing that matters in the system is if all the properties within the town are treated relatively fairly among themselves.  

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

That's what it should be.  It's the media that is mentioning it every time they talk about her. Why?

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

They cant govern themselves correctly. 

• Haha 1

I have a buddy that has a place in Pittsburg, NH. He also has to pay the " VIEW TAX ".  Too fuckin' bad. Why the fuck did he build where he did...........BECAUSE OF THE FUCKIN' VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!

If you want to have a mountain view, and show off to your friends, then be prepared to pay. If not, build on Shithouse Lane and look at a fuckin' swamp. 

13 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

if you're a dude that thinks you're a dudette...light bulb is burned out.

get it?

34 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

The REASON some people move to Vermont is quite simple:

Most of those people are highly educated 

Most of them have a level of wealth

Vermont is one of the cleanest, most beautiful states in New England. 

You can drive for miles, and not see ANY litter on the roads. ( I have had alot of dicks in my butt )

There are ONLY 653, 000 people in the state.

There are less than 1% blacks in the state. 

Vermont has one of, if not the LOWEST crime rate in the usa.

Vermont is ranked as one of the best states nationally.

For an older person who wants peace and quiet, and few minorities, it's probably a good choice. 

Duh!

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's an opinion base on empirical evidence.  Same house one facing a dump and one facing the mountains or a lake it's clear which one will sell for more.  As I tell clients all the time appraisal of their property is not an exact science,  it's an educated guess based on what is selling in the market.  My tax values about 80% of my street value right now,  if they catch up with the property value the mill rate goes down.  the only thing that matters in the system is if all the properties within the town are treated relatively fairly among themselves.  

What exactly are property values based on?  Why create a new tax called the "view tax" when you have property appraisals and property taxes based on that value?

I have never seen a  situation where the tax bill itself literally says view tax,  i have seen assessment records which have a line for the increased value of the view which is legitimate.  Whether it's calculated in as part of the lot or to differentiate good view lots with those of similar size without a view as a separate line item as long as assessed value is in the same ballpark of the actual market as everyone else it's a meaningless argument and every time someones tried to go to court saying their 2 acre view parcel should be assessed the same as 2 acres without a view they have lost because our taxation system is based on market value not on the square footage of the lot and house.  

Cmon, act like you guys never seen a man in a. Pretty dress.   :lol:

can you imagine your dad , brother, bud , showing up one day in a cute little sun dress with Bonet on.

You just give him a nod.... good for you man.  

I’m always confused of the rules?  Do I high five and celebrate the historic event or  act like a guy in a dress is no big deal? 

Wonder what would happen if a tape of trump came out cross dressing?  Bet we could laugh & point then.  

The problem is that the fact that he is now a she will be brought up time and time again. How much pressure will he/she be under by the LGBTQ community to try to sign into law things that could be wrong for the majority of Vt'ers. However, I'll say this, she had balls to run .

• Haha 1

Just now, Momorider said:

It's is a mentally ill person who shouldn't be anywere fucking near a position of authority over anyone :flush: anyone who thinks this is normal is also mentally ill :guzzle: 

we it seems both our countries currently have a mentally ill leader so why not the state of vermont.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

thats all meaningless,  how much is the house worth along with all the others and the budget of the town is the only thing that matters.  Services effect value in this case it's clear people are willing to pay without having town services no different than many second home areas.  

People need to go in with their eyes open,  when i bought on ossipee i bought on the freedom side in order to pay half the taxes versus being on the ossipee side which was 10 minutes closer.  I chose my primary based on the fact that they keep taxes reasonable versus many other towns. 

THe reason Hampton and the rest of the coast is reasonable is twofold.

First , its on or near the ocean , meaning its expensive . A low rate x a high price still brings in enough money to run the town.

2, schools, schools eat up 80% of tax receipts and in a resort area less then half the homes have kids in schools.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

THe reason Hampton and the rest of the coast is reasonable is twofold.

First , its on or near the ocean , meaning its expensive . A low rate x a high price still brings in enough money to run the town.

2, schools, schools eat up 80% of tax receipts and in a resort area less then half the homes have kids in schools.

Rural towns come down to how much second home property they have.  Next to no kids in Freedom so even though the cost per kid is high sending them to kennett it washes out.  Ossipee on the other hand has way more property off the lake than on and a fair amount of kids to educate. We benefit from the second home properties in Hampton a lot although at the same time we end up with a  fair number of poor kids coming into schools doing winter rentals.  

Over your way some it seems people just don't care how much their taxes are.  Bedford is a good example fo that,  they want their kids to have the best of everything (FTR I understand why they wanted the kids out of Manch West) and are willing to pay for that.  My house in Bedford would probably be similar in value but would be 50% more in taxes. 

Not all of the seacoast area is cheap,  exeter is pretty expensive,  Portsmouth isn't cheap and places like Newmarket Lee Durham are expensive.