Check your account email address ×

Do I dare ask... advice?

39 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

The visor venting on the old 509's suck.  New ones are better.  The CKX vents look good.  That's a good looking bucket.

My 509 is coming up on 3 years old now.  It was a good helmet and I have it as a spare now.  CKX is much better though IMHO

12 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

My 509 is coming up on 3 years old now.  It was a good helmet and I have it as a spare now.  CKX is much better though IMHO

Yep.  Mines 4 too I think.  Not much venting for airflow on the visor.  Not that big of a deal for me cuz I ride like a little girl.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I never rode with a helmet with a visor on it. Doesn't the wind want to rip your head off at 80 MPH and up?

Ive never had an issue, been well 110+, no windshields on my sleds either..

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Ive never had an issue, been well 110+, no windshields on my sleds either..

Damn my shield came up doing about 90 tipped the helmet up so the chin guard was on my nose.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Damn my shield came up doing about 90 tipped the helmet up so the chin guard was on my nose.

I think its because the visors are vented, your shield being solid would just catch the wind

I owned a 509 helmet for about 5 minutes. Personally I think they are PIECES OF SHIT!!!!11111

But hey I'm sure you look cool with your 509 stickers and shit... dont forget the mohawk... faggots

24 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I think its because the visors are vented, your shield being solid would just catch the wind

Oh yeah, rolling at 90-100mph you need to have proper head alignment with those fuckers!!1

• Haha 1

Never came to terms with my 509, hated it.  Noisy, leaky, fell apart in season 2.  BV2S 80% of the time, but mines getting tired after 6-7 seasons.  Also picked up a carbon FXr that I’m pretty happy with for days over 10f

I agree with the 509 helmet, I had 2, and didn't like them much

I've rocked a Shoei MX helmet the past 2 seasons with a 509 breath box, and Dragon optics goggles and am extremely happy with the set up. We don't see super cold weather here, maybe 0* or a couple degrees below like 8-10 days a season. And frankly at -20,... I'll be riding the couch🤣

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree with the 509 helmet, I had 2, and didn't like them much

I've rocked a Shoei MX helmet the past 2 seasons with a 509 breath box, and Dragon optics goggles and am extremely happy with the set up. We don't see super cold weather here, maybe 0* or a couple degrees below like 8-10 days a season. And frankly at -20,... I'll be riding the couch🤣

Been saying for years that those guy and or Aria should come out with a snow helmet .   All this other stuff is really just cheap junk when you put it next to one of those products  :bc:

23 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Been saying for years that those guy and or Aria should come out with a snow helmet .   All this other stuff is really just cheap junk when you put it next to one of those products  :bc:

I was a die hard Shoei guy when I was on bikes.  I’m thinking about one again but they really don’t have a “snow” helmet.  All seem to be on the heavy side. 2.5 ish is the sweet spot!  :bc:

31 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Just plug up the venting with some PE foam.  They make helmets to try to keep people cool in the summer.