Check your account email address ×

Credit card debt quietly surpassed $1 trillion in January.

Unbelievable really how people spend and spend and spend.  Do they all think their credit card debt will just somehow go away on it's own or what?  I don't know whether to blame them or the crediters that keep allowing it to pile up?

When will the shit hit the fan?

• Like 1

not surprised,  rare is it i have a client with no credit card debt.  that said the real debts not that high as it includes balances of those who pay it off monthly.  

Edited by Angry ginger

11 minutes ago, hayward said:

Unbelievable really how people spend and spend and spend.  Do they all think their credit card debt will just somehow go away on it's own or what?  I don't know whether to blame them or the crediters that keep allowing it to pile up?

When will the shit hit the fan?

When you declare bankruptcy :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

not surprised,  rare is it i have a client with no credit card debt.  that said the real debts not that high as it includes balances of those who pay it off monthly.  

Seeing alot of emails and advertisements for home equity loans lately... 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Its the banks fault.  They make people spend money.   

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hey heres a loan for $25,000. You want it? 

1% Interest.   Sure.  17.99% I'll pass. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Not a surprise with decades of rising costs and stagnant wages. 

Right, because........ dammnit those people deserve to spend money they don't have! You won't blame it on peoples spending habits though you idiot. I'll bet most of those people are in debt because of their "wants", because usually stupid people tend to neglect their needs.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Right, because........ dammnit those people deserve to spend money they don't have! You won't blame it on peoples spending habits though you idiot. I'll bet most of those people are in debt because of their "wants", because usually stupid people tend to neglect their needs.

I prefer to not heap a whole bunch of hate on my own species and instead recognize the fact that stagnant wages and rising costs will of course lead to a greater reliance on debt instruments to make up the gap.

It's basic economics that you're choosing to be ignorant of because you'd rather talk shit about people you don't know. 

Goes back to this weird contempt for your own people that I've noticed amongst a lot of conservatives.

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I prefer to not heap a whole bunch of hate on my own species and instead recognize the fact that stagnant wages and rising costs will of course lead to a greater reliance on debt instruments to make up the gap.

It's basic economics that you're choosing to be ignorant of because you'd rather talk shit about people you don't know. 

Goes back to this weird contempt for your own people that I've noticed amongst a lot of conservatives.

So all these people with major credit card debt, are only putting just their daily needs on these cards, and not their wants?  

Edited by hayward

Just now, hayward said:

So all these people with major credit card debt, are only putting just their daily needs on these cards, and not their wants?  

Yes, definitely, ALL of them are perfect angels....

What in the actual fuck is it with you goddamned retards and your logical fallacies? Do you actually know how to form an actual argument? 

25 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It's not hate you dumbass, it's called reality, something that doesn't exist between your ears. Lol, you blaming it on stagnant wages and rising costs, talk about ignorant. The bottom line is most people with cc debt don't know how to take care of their money and live beyond their means, now go lay down, you're making yourself look stupid again.

• Thanks 1

It’s real fucked up...

The average American household carries $137,063 in debt, according to the Federal Reserve's latest numbers.

Yet the U.S. Census Bureau reports that the median household income was just $59,039 last year, suggesting that many Americans are living beyond their means.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2017/11/18/a-foolish-take-heres-how-much-debt-the-average-us-household-owes/107651700/

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Noggin says your wrong.

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s real fucked up...

The average American household carries $137,063 in debt, according to the Federal Reserve's latest numbers.

Yet the U.S. Census Bureau reports that the median household income was just $59,039 last year, suggesting that many Americans are living beyond their means.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2017/11/18/a-foolish-take-heres-how-much-debt-the-average-us-household-owes/107651700/

Man people like to pay to live in big expensive houses these days.  I could never understand the mentality behind that.  

30 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It's not hate you dumbass, it's called reality, something that doesn't exist between your ears. Lol, you blaming it on stagnant wages and rising costs, talk about ignorant. The bottom line is most people with cc debt don't know how to take care of their money and live beyond their means, now go lay down, you're making yourself look stupid again.

Yes it is absolutely hate.

You'd rather believe people are living beyond their means despite 4 decades of stagnant wages than racking up debt trying to get by in a job market with stagnant wages.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yes it is absolutely hate.

You'd rather believe people are living beyond their means despite 4 decades of stagnant wages than racking up debt trying to get by in a job market with stagnant wages.

How about both of those, although likely the slight majority is reckless spending? 

Can we get along now please?