Check your account email address ×

Credit card debt quietly surpassed $1 trillion in January.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I never owned a regular credit card only a debit card for monies I have in banks.

i never use a debit card outside the ATM.   protection of the credit card from fraud is so much easier.  Eventually you'll get your money back with the debit but it can take awhile

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i never use a debit card outside the ATM.   protection of the credit card from fraud is so much easier.  Eventually you'll get your money back with the debit but it can take awhile

I only use it for my business purposes.

Is it any wonder that people are in debt up to their asses.

Take a good look at our k-12 educational institutions.  They are the starting point for teaching and what percentage of those have 0 debt in the US?  The very place are kids are taught at are unbelievably in debt.  How can you expect any different?

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Take a good look at our k-12 educational institutions.  They are the starting point for teaching and what percentage of those have 0 debt in the US?  The very place are kids are taught at are unbelievably in debt.  How can you expect any different?

:lmao: :lol: God damn you’re a fucking moron :lmao: 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Health insurance doesn't put food on the table and pay your rent.

Schroedinger's immigrant: 

Simultaneously stealing our jobs and too lazy to work...

Neither does $1000 iphones, netflix subscriptions and literally 1000's of other things our parents never spent money on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Jesus Christ. The school system obviously failed you. 

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Neither does $1000 iphones, netflix subscriptions and literally 1000's of other things our parents never spent money on.  

Lol. 

"Kids today...."

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I do like the Netflix... it's cheaper than cable! 

Funny how everyone complains about the frivolous spending by the government, but doesn't head their position in their own life...

:saluting:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I do like the Netflix... it's cheaper than cable! 

Funny how everyone complains about the frivolous spending by the government, but doesn't head their position in their own life...

:saluting:

Like it or not, the fact is the economy would be shit if it weren't for all the debt, both public and private.

Entitled boomer:

"Why are young people so hopeless and succumbing to despair these days?"

Young people:

"Gee, idk, could be stagnant wages, few job prospects, and mounting public and private debt."

Entitled Boomers:

"It's the iPhones, isn't it?"

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Like it or not, the fact is the economy would be shit if it weren't for all the debt, both public and private.

Some truth is this statement.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

To an extent I agree with you. However, people need to learn to control themselves in this aspect. Because shit will again hit the fan, housing crisis etc.

To an extent I agree with you. However, people need to learn to control themselves in this aspect. Because shit will again hit the fan, housing crisis etc.

It's not a matter of whether or not you agree. It's a fact.

Now, why would we need debt instruments to prop up such an awesome economic system?

Just now, motonoggin said:

It's not a matter of whether or not you agree. It's a fact.

Now, why would we need debt instruments to prop up such an awesome economic system?

Because back in the day, people would learn a trade, build their own houses, trade supplies and services, live off the land and whatnot. Debt still was a factor.

They didn't squander their life away in a groundhog day cubicle farm, waiting for Citi Bank to up their credit limit so they could purchase the newest piece of shit, new to market, whiz-bang gadget, 70k pickup truck, etc. Just to keep up with the Jones's.

Because back in the day, people would learn a trade, build their own houses, trade supplies and services, live off the land and whatnot. Debt still was a factor.

They didn't squander their life away in a groundhog day cubicle farm, waiting for Citi Bank to up their credit limit so they could purchase the newest piece of shit, new to market, whiz-bang gadget, 70k pickup truck, etc. Just to keep up with the Jones's.

Wrong answer.

It's staring you right in the face and you refuse to see it. Hint: It's got nothing to do with you moralizing over how working people should spend their money.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Wrong answer.

It's staring you right in the face and you refuse to see it. Hint: It's got nothing to do with you moralizing over how working people should spend their money.

Move along troll, the value of your entertainment to me has just exhausted itself. Double meme moto. Thanks for playing. :true: