Check your account email address ×

Florida shooter could have been sent to jail instead sent to consoling under Obama program

• Platinum Contributing Member

Restorative Justice.   Seems like a good idea except the real thugs and problem people aren't recognized.  Habitual offenders are not stopped.

Reality is it might occasionally work but its human nature to repeat what you get away with.  

Kind of like kids that receive no discipline at home.   I'm all for people being able to work convictions off their record but once they repeat they must be reinstated.   

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

If he went to jail for a felony he would not have been able to buy guns. Even if he didn't go to jail if he had been charged with a felony he wouldn't have been able to.

No one ever comes into possession of things that are illegal for them to buy... :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Wildboer said:

No one ever comes into possession of things that are illegal for them to buy... :lol: 

My mistake. He would not have been able to buy guns legally. Thank you for correcting me.

56 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Was this the kid suffering from involuntary abstaining ?  99 % of the problem. Spend the money getting these dorks laid.

Involuntary abstaining? It's called being a fucking loser dude.

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, great programs

The pussyfication of America's youth

First, give them all participation trophies,

Next, No punishment for wrong doing. 

Sounds like the perfect plan. 

They are excellent programs. I support them 100%. As do all people with an IQ above 90. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They are excellent programs. I support them 100%. As do all people with an IQ above 90. 

Drug Court is one of the best programs I have ever seen in action. These fucking retarded mindless trolls just cant get their mind around not destroying someones life over fairly minor transgressions 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

No seriously. It is a thing..

Incels are a community of losers who have developed an insane woman hating folklore in attempt to explain why they can't get laid. "No seriously, it's a thing." The old guy says to the motherfucker who's known what this shit is for years now :lol: You think this is the only obscure corner of the internet I visit?

Just now, f7ben said:

Drug Court is one of the best programs I have ever seen in action. These fucking retarded mindless trolls just cant get their mind around not destroying someones life over fairly minor transgressions 

Pretty amazing programs. Of course the zombies here will grab a handful of cases that went badly and howl like little girls. They have no idea what they’re even talking about or the achievements these programs have had. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Pretty amazing programs. Of course the zombies here will grab a handful of cases that went badly and howl like little girls. They have no idea what they’re even talking about or the achievements these programs have had. 

Exactly....the reality is the success rate is astonishing. I know two people that have been through drug court now and who are working and contributing to them and those around them and who are clean and happy. They could both be doing hard time right now

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly....the reality is the success rate is astonishing. I know two people that have been through drug court now and who are working and contributing to them and those around them and who are clean and happy. They could both be doing hard time right now

Drug court is tough. There’s a number of participants that opt out because prison is easier. Sometimes we have to sit down with them and talk them into staying in the program. A lot of these young people had zero life skill training by their parents and no encouragement. So basically they made up their own coping skills and looked outside the family for approval. To think that prison is going to give them the necessary skills is so fucking ignorant. 

46 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Incels are a community of losers who have developed an insane woman hating folklore in attempt to explain why they can't get laid. "No seriously, it's a thing." The old guy says to the motherfucker who's known what this shit is for years now :lol: You think this is the only obscure corner of the internet I visit?

Settle down, son.  I can't keep up with all this bullshit.  Still confused about eating laundry detergent

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Prison is always the easy answer when you’re a simple minded vindictive ideologue and everything in your world is black or white

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Prison is always the easy answer when you’re a simple minded vindictive ideologue and everything in your world is black or white

No shortage of that here. 

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Settle down, son.  I can't keep up with all this bullshit.  Still confused about eating laundry detergent

It's not my fault you're senile 🤷🏻‍♂