Check your account email address ×

Majority of Americans say they are not seeing change in paychecks due to tax cuts

for shits and giggles I pulled last years paystub from March 31 for an apples to apples comparison as thats just salary not comm end of month-    taxes went down by $51,  benefit cost went up by $95.  Sure end of the year theres a tax benefit but it's no panacea for the average person whose paying for their benefits which is more of america than those who get 100% of their bennied paid for.  Very few people did not see an insurance cost increase this year.  I went with a higher deduc and HSA hoping in the long run to be back to last years cost and carry some of that HSA into 2019.      

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Those of you who feel you don’t pay enough in taxes can move to Illinois or Cali. They’ll take care of that need for you. It’s just paradise in those places. :lol: 

Well, it's hypocrites that support raising taxes, yet they move away from states like that TO GET OUT of paying those taxes.   Right mc?

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Nature of my old man's business, but he has said you'd be surprised at how many people even in their 40's and 50's that make good money put it all into vehicles, a house, toys, and credit card bills. 

i see it daily,  I could not live with spending it all.  15% into a 401k since i was 22 years old.  another 20% on top of that for my first 15 years out of school.  Unfortunately the last 10 have not been that easy to save like that.  

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Good union pension and federal government pension.......and SS should be but Repug hypocrites like you are a threat to it :thumbsup:

I'll be living large with my choice of free health care you'll be sucking off the tit on Medicare. :lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

for shits and giggles I pulled last years paystub from March 31 for an apples to apples comparison as thats just salary not comm end of month-    taxes went down by $51,  benefit cost went up by $95.  Sure end of the year theres a tax benefit but it's no panacea for the average person whose paying for their benefits which is more of america than those who get 100% of their bennied paid for.  Very few people did not see an insurance cost increase this year.  I went with a higher deduc and HSA hoping in the long run to be back to last years cost and carry some of that HSA into 2019.      

98% of the country would give their left nut to be in your tax bracket.......

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I pulled 2 paystubs as well.  The one right before the tax cut and one right after and the FITW changed by over 10%

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i see it daily,  I could not live with spending it all.  15% into a 401k since i was 22 years old.  another 20% on top of that for my first 15 years out of school.  Unfortunately the last 10 have not been that easy to save like that.  

Been vehicle hunting, so driving through a lot of dealer lots.  I'd say at least half the new trucks and SUV's on the lot were Denali's or just a step down. 

Guess when you look at it as how much per month, a new Denali isn't so bad. 

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

MC. How much did your monthly takehome increase with the new tax schedule?

Not a single trump hater will answer these questions.  Take a good look at all the liberal policies that are not panning out like they hoped...and any questions regarding said policies get ignored.

Wife never looks at her pay from Walmart which is directly deposited so I had her look on-line at her bank statements today, hers went up slightly over $85.. She only works 32 hrs. per week per her choice.

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Wife never looks at her pay from Walmart which is directly deposited so I had her look on-line at her bank statements today, hers went up slightly over $85.. She only works 32 hrs. per week per her choice.

Is that per week?  if so, 85 per week pay increase isn't bad.  That's 4 grand plus per year.  Anyone that doesn't acknowledge it is a significant amount for any employee is just being a dishonest prick

Edited by racer254

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Mine went up, that's so much better.

Murika. :bc: 

38 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Is that per week?  if so, 85 per week pay increase isn't bad.  That's 4 grand plus per year.  Anyone that doesn't acknowledge it is a significant amount for any employee is just being a dishonest prick

that was kind of my point too :bc: 

40 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Every 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

“Crumbs” :lol: 

I’ll bet we here this term a lot used against the dems in the upcoming elections to show how much their Trump hate is turning their brains to mush.

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wonder where MC ran off to?

Any of these topics and the resident dumbasses run off.  The oil exports, the bankruptcies from medical bills, the tax cuts.  They all ignore it like the plague.