Check your account email address ×

Majority of Americans say they are not seeing change in paychecks due to tax cuts

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

It is pretty crazy how many people live paycheck to paycheck, almost indifferent of that they make. 

Blows my mind and actually makes me concerned, since we save quite a bit at our house. 

I was a spender when I was younger but at some point you have to start saving and planning for the future. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

For sure. I saved 15% of every pay check for 34 years and spent everything else. I sent 3 kids to out of state college and paid every dime.  We often lived paycheck to paycheck.

I retired at 55 and live very comfortably. Every now and then i work a little and get a check.  

17 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was a spender when I was younger but at some point you have to start saving and planning for the future. 

Nature of my old man's business, but he has said you'd be surprised at how many people even in their 40's and 50's that make good money put it all into vehicles, a house, toys, and credit card bills. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

No difference in my pay check, couple of my buddies said theirs went went up, my GF's went up almost $100. Kinda weird mine stayed the same..

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What else is there to save for?  :lol:

Neal

When I (we) die, it is my hope I spend the last dollar I have to put the death notice in the paper.

He who dies with the most money loses.

Just now, Snake said:

When I (we) die, it is my hope I spend the last dollar I have to put the death notice in the paper.

He who dies with the most money loses.

As warren buffet says " may the last check you ever write, bounce"

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

As warren buffet says " may the last check you ever write, bounce"

"If" social security is still around, our monthly income will still be over $10k a month, not counting any 401(k).

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why are you so afraid to answer?

Because then he would be proving the dem talking point to be incorrect.  It's gotten pathetic how these guys will try to hold the narrative even if it is a down right lie.

Edited by racer254

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

"If" social security is still around, our monthly income will still be over $10k a month, not counting any 401(k).

Good union pension and federal government pension.......and SS should be but Repug hypocrites like you are a threat to it :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

You guys all realize you got a government loan at an unspecified interest rate right?

Keeping more of the money you worked hard for is a gov’t loan? Your thinking is a bit backwards, but I’m not surprised. :lol: 

Just now, Mainecat said:

You thinking your never gonna have to raise taxes to pay down trillions in debt shows your totally clueless.

The only way that will happen is if 55% of congress wants to retire along with a second term pres. No one gets elected by saying " vote for me , I will give you nothing"

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You thinking your never gonna have to raise taxes to pay down trillions in debt shows your totally clueless.

Don't act like you have a clue at anyone's thought process.  There are plenty of other things that need to happen before I support raising taxes, unlike any Dem voter in this forum.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The only way that will happen is if 55% of congress wants to retire along with a second term pres. No one gets elected by saying " vote for me , I will give you nothing"

The problem is congress does not work for the people that voted for them anymore. They work for Corporate America

Just now, racer254 said:

Don't act like you have a clue at anyone's thought process.  There are plenty of other things that need to happen before I support raising taxes, unlike any Dem voter in this forum.

Woosh

Just now, Mainecat said:

The problem is congress does not work for the people that voted for them anymore. They work for Corporate America

Wrong, they work for the lobbyist that represent all kinds of people that want a handout.  Yet you wanted another establishment politician in the White House.

Those of you who feel you don’t pay enough in taxes can move to Illinois or Cali. They’ll take care of that need for you. It’s just paradise in those places. :lol: