Check your account email address ×

bankruptcies

Just now, Momorider said:

78% :dunno: 

That sounds high but, not sure.  I know our shit down here is all fucked up.  A busted leg or other accident with no/low insurance and most families are in a bad spot.  Fucking stupid.  I'd be happy if we had a social plan that at least covered accidents.  I mean...come on!

Just now, Angry ginger said:

if someone has 200k in credit card debt cause they are a moron and discharge 500 in collections cause they didn't pay their portion of an insured bill it will get marked as being a med bk by those with agendas.

Or if someone owns 3 golf courses but can file bankruptcy on the 4 th one.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if someone has 200k in credit card debt cause they are a moron and discharge 500 in collections cause they didn't pay their portion of an insured bill it will get marked as being a med bk by those with agendas.

Is that good though?  I mean, for the person filing, aren't medical bk's better than full on BK's?  Or does it matter? 

I had read awhile back, can't remember the exact statistic, thought it was high though. Also, as long as you pay something on the Bill, medicals weren't reported?? Not sure how it works today, this was years ago. Pay cash when you can, pay everything else ASAP, form a trust, one less thing to worry about...

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

15% sales tax here but I don't have to worry about medical! Fuck it!!

Shoulder/ bicep surgery cost me fuck all. Plus comp paid me very well!!!

Pros and cons.

Me either without the 15%.

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

15% sales tax here but I don't have to worry about medical! Fuck it!!

Shoulder/ bicep surgery cost me fuck all. Plus comp paid me very well!!!

Pros and cons.

State?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Me either without the 15%.

Same question.

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

:thumbsup: y'all have your own issues with health care up there too though. From what I've read. How long did it take to get said surgery?

I've never heard any nook, even the faggots here, say they would rather have our system. 

I try to stay out of the hospital and my family is pretty healthy for the moment but I know alot of people who have been wiped out with catastrophic medical bills. 2 who committed suicide even. The recent introduction of things like GoFundMe has been a life saver for some, a dud for others. I bet you I see a GoFundMe for someone I know (or their immediate family) once every other week. Insurance isn't enough for some. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I've never heard any nook, even the faggots here, say they would rather have our system. 

I try to stay out of the hospital and my family is pretty healthy for the moment but I know alot of people who have been wiped out with catastrophic medical bills. 2 who committed suicide even. The recent introduction of things like GoFundMe has been a life saver for some, a dud for others. I bet you I see a GoFundMe for someone I know (or their immediate family) once every other week. Insurance isn't enough for some. 

Sorry for that. That sucks. 😔

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

4 months.

About what I was thinking. That's one of the problems with the system though. Here, wake up in the hospital (from a car accident, ATV, work related, etc) the surgery is already done. (From personal experience, not speculation). I'm not sure what the solution is, other than preparing the best you can?

12 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

If you have the money...its much better getting medical done in the USA....you can wait forever here. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

If you have the money...its much better getting medical done in the USA....you can wait forever here. 

My sis works in the medical field and lived in Toronto for years. She’s back now and says no comparison, US is better, even if you pay more.

Just one opinion of course. :news: 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My sis works in the medical field and lived in Toronto for years. She’s back now and says no comparison, US is better, even if you pay more.

Just one opinion of course. :news: 

Free is good. But waiting is not good....personally id pay.

• Thanks 1