Check your account email address ×

WHAT THE FUCK

SSFB

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup i would guess thats self insured.  Most of these guys running rental fleets can patch the sled back together on the cheap and keep renting it and lets face the fact the average 600 or 900 ace renters not sending it like larry enticer it's typically a minor bump or rollover where the $500 covers it.  When i put maryann on her roof at a fairly decent clip it only cost me under 400 in parts as doo makes everything so modular.  Most expensive pieces were the side panel which i could not find a red one used and the glovebox exension which were $220 between them  

I've also seen a few totaled, over 7k.  

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess they can do what they want but the rentals aren't likely an income generator for them.

i think you would be surprised,  sure it's as much as anything a service to sell rooms but at 250-300 a day on a machine that doesn't depreciate badly they are making money after 10 rental days and at a place like northern outdoors i would bet they get 20+ days per machine.   

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not the main guys around me.  Did you read the fine print?

I just want a name...i rented from backcountry...you gave me a few more names when i was looking....they all specifally stated the damage policy...

Id like the name @revkevsdi....i wouldnt mind doing business with them if thats how they operate. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup i would guess thats self insured.  Most of these guys running rental fleets can patch the sled back together on the cheap and keep renting it and lets face the fact the average 600 or 900 ace renters not sending it like larry enticer it's typically a minor bump or rollover where the $500 covers it.  When i put maryann on her roof at a fairly decent clip it only cost me under 400 in parts as doo makes everything so modular.  Most expensive pieces were the side panel which i could not find a red one used and the glovebox exension which were $220 between them  

Im guessing most damages on ski doos anyway are bent nuns from hitting shit.

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i think you would be surprised,  sure it's as much as anything a service to sell rooms but at 250-300 a day on a machine that doesn't depreciate badly they are making money after 10 rental days and at a place like northern outdoors i would bet they get 20+ days per machine.   

Most don't offer high end sleds and they do get great rates for Barney sleds.  Most who rent are first timers and just want to ride out and back, a couple hours at most.  Not high risk.  Would like to see the numbers.

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I just want a name...i rented from backcountry...you gave me a few more names when i was looking....they all specifally stated the damage policy...

Id like the name @revkevsdi....i wouldnt mind doing business with them if thats how they operate. :lol:

If the trails did not get pooched we would have needed one.  I'm sure the others would be interested in what @revkevsdi guys are doing if true.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

If the trails did not get pooched we would have needed one.  I'm sure the others would be interested in what @revkevsdi guys are doing if true.

Ive never seen any place say anything other then a security deposit....i would think collision insurance would be through the roof for those sleds...even with 2500 deductible...

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I've also seen a few totaled, over 7k.  

Yeah the dude we were riding with caused $6k in damage. He bought the sled from them for $8k and is going to fix it himself. Expensive weekend. 

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Ive pretty much contacted every sled rental place in Ontario when i was looking to rent...post up the name where you rented. I will call them. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

he wont....because he is wrong and acts like momo when he is caught in a lie. Or else he is just too dumb to understand when he is wrong. Either way he is a complete retard

He knows that.  The reason he won't.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Ive never seen any place say anything other then a security deposit....i would think collision insurance would be through the roof for those sleds...even with 2500 deductible...

Have you heard about google ?  

This is pretty sad. 

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Took 5 seconds. Arguing is way funner though :lol:

http://www.rentsnowmobile.com/rentals/snowmobile/

Watching them flounder around clueless all morning was good for a chuckle.  Don’t worry they’ll have an excuse. That place and at least one other at $2,500.00 There is another one that offers 35.00 per day to get it down to $1,000.00 deductible. 

15 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Watching them flounder around clueless all morning was good for a chuckle.  Don’t worry they’ll have an excuse. That place and at least one other at $2,500.00 There is another one that offers 35.00 per day to get it down to $1,000.00 deductible. 

So is that where you rented?  Not driving to KL to pick up a sled I intend riding elsewhere.  Not the norm.  So you didn't lie but you're still a beta.:lol: