Check your account email address ×

Doggie picture thread

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ugghhh,..I can't get this dog to leave his tail alone,..bit part of it off,..I have a neck doughnut on him and he is on anxiety meds..I'm so bummed out..

DSC_0239.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

That does suck . Does he get enough exercise?  Or walks? I know our dog has a tendency to do some bizzare shit if the mind isn't fulfilled 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pouring rain all day today,..so he wasn't having going outside,  I play with him constantly and my kids try to also,..I was making dinner,..and he did it..2ND time it's happened while I was cooking..the dog has had a hard year of being left in a garage away from everyone up until I took him from my ex a bit over a month ago..I just want him to get over his tail chasing,  but I don't think it's going to happen,..Vet said next step would be "docking" his tail..Bummed and stressed out..I needed to vent..I won't bring up what my ex said when I asked her if she could help me with the vet bill..SMH..

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Pouring rain all day today,..so he wasn't having going outside,  I play with him constantly and my kids try to also,..I was making dinner,..and he did it..2ND time it's happened while I was cooking..the dog has had a hard year of being left in a garage away from everyone up until I took him from my ex a bit over a month ago..I just want him to get over his tail chasing,  but I don't think it's going to happen,..Vet said next step would be "docking" his tail..Bummed and stressed out..I needed to vent..I won't bring up what my ex said when I asked her if she could help me with the vet bill..SMH..

Being left in a garage?? Wtf.. It pisses me off when people treat defenseless animals like shit. 

I was actually going to ask about tail docking, but then he may fixate on something else. Wonder if seeing a behaviorist would help ? 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Being left in a garage?? Wtf.. It pisses me off when people treat defenseless animals like shit. 

I was actually going to ask about tail docking, but then he may fixate on something else. Wonder if seeing a behaviorist would help ? 

Yep, just left him to sit in a garage for close to a year,..The vet said if the meds don't work, tail docking would be next, so I'll give them a call Monday see what they think..Thanks bro..:bc:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, just left him to sit in a garage for close to a year,..The vet said if the meds don't work, tail docking would be next, so I'll give them a call Monday see what they think..Thanks bro..:bc:

Good on you for getting him out of there and taking care of him :friends:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

WTF, we let our dogs run the place over.  Hopefully it works out for you.

If you're going to have a dog it should be part of the family and treated that way. I know when we had our Golden he was part of the family and the only place he was excluded from was the dining room. As for the pecking order as per my wife there was the dog, the horse then me.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

If you're going to have a dog it should be part of the family and treated that way. I know when we had our Golden he was part of the family and the only place he was excluded from was the dining room. As for the pecking order as per my wife there was the dog, the horse then me.

Yes and I agree with this message.

edit:

I also agree you were the lowest pecking order.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

1000% this..not sure aboot the pecking order tho :bong:

Edited by xcr700

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

Our dog has a choice of 4 beds or his crate ( never closed) that he lies in and if there's thunder he hides in one of the bathrooms. I get one side of our king-size bed .I'm coming back as a dog in the afterlife lol

When we were in Antigua there was a local band that had a song "I want to be a puppy" It was all about the benefits of being a dog. When I got home from work I would cut myself a piece of kielbasa. It didn't take long until our golden "Billy" expected some too. He gave me a few minutes to get in and get changed then would stand in the kitchen look at me and look at the fridge and let out a woof. Interpretation... hey dummy... you've forgotten something.

My wife would go to bed before me sometimes. I wander in a while later and here's the dog sprawled out on my side of the bed. I'd say hey you... out. The head would lift, look at me and fall back down. He didn't move until I actually gave him a nudge.

14 hours ago, Woodtick said:

When I go up to the cabin my dog always comes with. I get a text once a day asking how the dog is from the wife. I know the pecking order. :S

We live in the country, but the wife works in the city an hour away 3 days per week.  90%of our phone conversations are aboot the dog and cat lol. I know the pecking order here.

1... the dog

2....the cat 

3....Swiss chesse 

4....bud light

5....the TV

6....firewood 

7....Meal ticket (me)

• Like 2

On 10/23/2016 at 8:37 AM, smokin george said:

Our dog has a choice of 4 beds or his crate ( never closed) that he lies in and if there's thunder he hides in one of the bathrooms. I get one side of our king-size bed .I'm coming back as a dog in the afterlife lol

My wife always tells me in her next life she wants to come back as my dog, not anyone elses, just mine.

• Gold Member

This is Maddy, she has recently started peeing in the house. I want to kennel her when we are out but the wife says' NO!

She does it in the basement where we have plastic tile and it gets underneath and is a pain to clean up.

IMAG0727_1_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, joesale said:

This is Maddy, she has recently started peeing in the house. I want to kennel her when we are out but the wife says' NO!

She does it in the basement where we have plastic tile and it gets underneath and is a pain to clean up.

IMAG0727_1_1.jpg

How old?

Our pups sometime pee in the house.  Really don't want to crate them either.