Check your account email address ×

Ice fishing anyone?

We've been talking about moving out near the area where we hunt and fish.

I thought a snowmobile would be something we'd need for getting around the property, back and forth to the lake, etc. But then after so many low snow years, we thought this would be a better solution...

15624502_1222209864500857_5509086664326119424_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

seen a few yesterday and today.  amazing machine.  today with 60km/hr winds i was jealous. 

we went the same places with trucks that they did, but they never had to get out and stayed warm all day.  plus they nicely float over the snow and slush.

80k tho in canada

9 hours ago, motonoggin said:

We've been talking about moving out near the area where we hunt and fish.

I thought a snowmobile would be something we'd need for getting around the property, back and forth to the lake, etc. But then after so many low snow years, we thought this would be a better solution...

15624502_1222209864500857_5509086664326119424_n.jpg

Nice looking rig!

58 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I like those but I figure I can just have a dedicated track rig for the property. Good way to retire my WJ. :bc:

My buddy is a dealer, give him a call. 4Wheel parts and service in Ham Lake MN. He will Deliver to the 906.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Dominator tracks are made in the yoop, and they use standard sled tracks, bogies, and hyfax.

http://www.americantracktruck.com

I'm thinking of a set of these for the Jeep once we move. 

DOMINATOR-TRACK-SYSTEMS-in-KOSOVO-4.jpg

Whew....SPENDY!  I think the only way I could justify that is to have a dedicated vehicle that once they were installed...they stay.  Maybe a jeep wrangler would be cool.  ANd even then.....I guess I'd have to live out in the boonies to justify it.  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Whew....SPENDY!  I think the only way I could justify that is to have a dedicated vehicle that once they were installed...they stay.  Maybe a jeep wrangler would be cool.  ANd even then.....I guess I'd have to live out in the boonies to justify it.  

They're not that bad, really, when you consider the cost of a 4 seater SxS with tracks. Especially if, like you said, it's a dedicated vehicle that you already own.

Hell I could go out and buy a decent used GC and put tracks on it for less than a brand new loaded 4 seater side by side with tracks.

Just now, motonoggin said:

They're not that bad, really, when you consider the cost of a 4 seater SxS with tracks. Especially if, like you said, it's a dedicated vehicle that you already own.

Hell I could go out and buy a decent used GC and put tracks on it for less than a brand new loaded 4 seater side by side with tracks.

Good point!  And that’s what I’d do too if I needed one.  These SxSprices are a joke.  I’m amazed they get that coin for them.  Who thinks that is better than a used Jeep Wrangler or old CJ/Y?  Not me.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Good point!  And that’s what I’d do too if I needed one.  These SxSprices are a joke.  I’m amazed they get that coin for them.  Who thinks that is better than a used Jeep Wrangler or old CJ/Y?  Not me.

For sure. If all you're doing is tooling through the woods, a Jeep is better. If you're hammering rough trails and power lines a SxS is the way to go. 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Dominator tracks are made in the yoop, and they use standard sled tracks, bogies, and hyfax.

http://www.americantracktruck.com

I'm thinking of a set of these for the Jeep once we move. 

DOMINATOR-TRACK-SYSTEMS-in-KOSOVO-4.jpg

When you say when "we" move are you taking your side peice with you :dunno: 

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Got a nice little mess of gills yesterday. Going back out today. Beautiful weather for it.

IMG_20180324_220219480.jpg

IMG_20180324_174728870.jpg

Bluegills are some damn fine eating.:thumbsup: