Check your account email address ×

Almost time to get your your federal ID card.

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

I could only renew my drivers license for two years this past November because I didn't have my social security card and birth certificate. On my DL it says not for federal ID across the top.

Federal ID is a great way to centralize data on citizens.

Just now, spin_dry said:

Federal ID is a great way to centralize data on citizens.

we should all have national ID cards like most other first world countries, use it to vote,  for medical care,  travel etc.  

I have the real ID license as does my daughter,  son and wife got theirs before they were available so they got passport cards when we did the renewals, prob should have just gone and updated their licenses.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we should all have national ID cards like most other first world countries, use it to vote,  for medical care,  travel etc.  

I have the real ID license as does my daughter,  son and wife got theirs before they were available so they got passport cards when we did the renewals, prob should have just gone and updated their licenses.  

None of that is the purpose for a Federal ID. It's to weed out terrorists. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

None of that is the purpose for a Federal ID. It's to weed out terrorists. 

REAL ID was initially designed to keep U.S. citizens from holding multiple licenses, social security numbers and to allow government officials to check immigration standing.

from your link

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Agreed.  I'm all for it.  Federal ID to take over DL, SS, Passport, other misc paperwork bullshit.  It can be the official ticket to "ride" in America.  Without one, you no votey (Dems problem with it), You don't get gov't aid (Dems problem with it), and you don't get to purchase guns (Dems will  be for this...if they can knock out those first two pesky things).

4 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Fuck that shit! I got to many damn ID's as it is. TWIC, MMC, Passport, NYS driver's license, CCP. Fuck all these damn databases!

with my CDL, HAZMAT and TWIC card i am covered, oh and lets not forget my enhanced licence for border crossings

Edited by 01mxz800

Big banks are already saying they are moving away from paper money. All banks are moving towards only having one teller at each branch location. They want to go all electronic. Pretty soon people will be obsolete. Robots do all of the work and computers handle all of the paper(less)work...