Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

On 1/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, DriftBusta said:

Anyone who doesn't call their financial advisor or pull their money to the sidelines.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:42 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Like the pros will say, "more money has been lost chasing stupidity trying to time the markets, that just riding it".  

Of course looking in the rear view mirror, it all looks easy.  There is no better place to be in than 100% equities for the long term, and I will challenge anyone who begs different.

Short term Beta strategies are just that.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, DriftBusta said:

It’s amazing to me how cocksure some are of themselves while being so assbackwards wrong.  A little knowledge of the history of the markets, as well as how different investments work would go a long way.  I have retired folks who weren’t stressed out when the paper value of some of their equities fell in 2018, because they were still up over 10% annually for the previous 10 years and they were still earning their dividends of 3-4-5-6+ %.   Now the the paper values are recovering, like they always do, there isn’t much to complain about.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, washedupmxer said:

I think a lot of people could be admit they were wrong in this thread by now.... But they won't

I think you are correct. 

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty sure my net worth increase as a % or just raw gains since Trump got elected eclipses anything your betaness could muster.

Cool story.  What’s your address? What’s the name of your company?:lol:

23 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I think you are correct. 

You keep bringing up that quote from me like it proves something.  All I meant is it’s very easy to get out of the market if you wanted to.  A phone call and a couple keystrokes.  Done.  If you think I or any advisor worth their salt was actually advising clients to take money out of the markets then, or now, you are truly dumber than I thought.

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You keep bringing up that quote from me like it proves something.  All I meant is it’s very easy to get out of the market if you wanted to.  A phone call and a couple keystrokes.  Done.  If you think I or any advisor worth their salt was actually advising clients to take money out of the markets then, or now, you are truly dumber than I thought.

Oh he is dumber than anyone thought :guzzle:

25 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

“I know I said that but what I said is not what I meant.  Unless it was right and then I meant it.  It’s not my fault, everyone else is to blame. “-driftbitch

I know what I meant.  You obviously didn’t.  But hey Im a liar and a fake, that’s real astute investing advice to pull out of the markets when you still have years to retirement.  🙄. What a fucking dope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

woolie never said to yank your money from the market he said someone could easily do so.  

It’s painfully obvious some don’t have the stones for long term investing. I get it. Just go get a CD and be happy with your 2 or 3%.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

woolie never said to yank your money from the market he said someone could easily do so.  

The question was “whose fault will it be when it drops?”  He said anyone who doesn’t take their money out before it drops. 

But that isn’t timing the market. No sir. 

33 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It’s painfully obvious some don’t have the stones for long term investing. I get it. Just go get a CD and be happy with your 2 or 3%.

Esp since factoring inflation he is losing wealth every year, but let's take advice from him.:lol:

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The question was “whose fault will it be when it drops?”  He said anyone who doesn’t take their money out before it drops. 

But that isn’t timing the market. No sir. 

The question was asked in the context of “if” you wanted your money out of the market, who’s fault would it be if you didn’t get your money out.  All I was pointing out was that it’s pretty easy generally to turn your investments into cash.  No competent advisor  would ever recommend trying to time the market, so let’s stop trying to misrepresent what I said.....mmmmmk?

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The question was asked in the context of “if” you wanted your money out of the market, who’s fault would it be if you didn’t get your money out.  All I was pointing out was that it’s pretty easy generally to turn your investments into cash.  No competent advisor  would ever recommend trying to time the market, so let’s stop trying to misrepresent what I said.....mmmmmk?

He has a grade 3 reading comprehension level.:lol:

On 1/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who’s fault will it be when it comes tumbling down? 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, DriftBusta said:

Anyone who doesn't call their financial advisor or pull their money to the sidelines.

16 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

16 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He has a grade 3 reading comprehension level.:lol:

🙁:fullofshit:    Whoops. 

24 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

🙁:fullofshit:    Whoops. 

The moral of this story is you should not be in equities if you can't stomach a correction.  Nobody can predict the markets or time it, yet many think they can.  Best to stay put in quality investments run by the best managers in the business.

25 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The moral of this story is you should not be in equities if you can't stomach a correction.  Nobody can predict the markets or time it, yet many think they can.  Best to stay put in quality investments run by the best managers in the business.

The morons of the story are you and driftbitch. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm not the one in cashable GIC's losing wealth every year?

Fucking Rev strings you along.  He makes you look dumb as shit and an emotional ❄️ :lmao: 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

The morons of the story are you and driftbitch. 

So ignore all the other stuff I’ve said since, before or after raincloud Joes original hypothetical ?, now you’re accusing me of giving advice I’d never give.  You really are a cunt.  Keep getting farther behind with those GIC’s.