Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Ben, I didn’t forget you.  Given you’re young, have several economic cycles to go through, and the fact that I gather you’re a risk taker, I go with something like this: 

*im not a fan of target date funds, they’re a one size fits all, that shift towards for fixed income investments as you near the target (retirement) date, so I didn’t put any of those in there

Vrtgx. 40%

Vfiax 25%

dfcex 10% 

rergx  10%

Vot. 15%

Some of those investments are emerging markets and international which are pretty strong right now but a couple years ago they were terrible so just beware.  I’m actually surprised you don’t have more lg cap options in there.   It’s a simple little portfolio that I put together quick with those options, but it would’ve returned 18.31% last year, 11.82% over the past five years, 9.94% over the past ten years.  And that is also assuming you are you set it and forget it type of guy which I know you were not so take it for what it’s worth

The two emerging market funds I purchased about 6 weeks ago have been pretty flat, they had a good run last year though.  See how it goes, I tend not to get into specific sectors.

Also picked up two more global equity funds a month ago, nice to be up about 6% on each since the purchase.

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Don't be such a stupid cunt.  It was suppose to happen every election night.  You Trumpsters were calling for a full on collapse and $5,000.00 gold if Obama got in. 

bullshit.

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Could you be any more of an low life?  Digging up dirt on a company I work for that has over 16,000 advisors?  Pretty pathetic to be linking up sites notorious for just being a repository of complaints.  The first link I clicked was full of straight up lies and falsehoods.  Only financial services company to win the JD Power Presidents award in their history.  Regularly at or near the top of the Forbes list of "Best financial services firms".  At or near the top of Fortune magazines "best companies to work for".  Go ahead and look that up.  Seriously, you are a pathetic excuse of a man to resort to shit like this.

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There are good and bad with anything.  Pretty foolish to hand over the keys to anyone without being closely involved in financial decisions.

The more you know the better off.

Exactly.  I'm not here to change anyones minds, but I know the culture here is ethical, transparent and values driven.  We're not for everyone, probably not for you for example.  But for the vast majority of clients who don't have a clue about this stuff, we're worth our weight in gold.  My CEI scores are north of 400.  That probably doesn't mean much to anyone, but it indicates my clients are very happy with me overall.  There is no one size fits all approach.  Mutual funds, ETFs, individual stocks, etc..One client was squawking about the 3% one time charge on her $256,000.00 investment, and the portfolio I built her.  She could have also paid me a fee each year, but this was cheaper over time.  One year later, she wasn't squawking about her $285,000.00 balance and the value guys like me brought to her.  Or the people I put into Amazon a couple years ago.  Its just pathetic to sit here and watch this douchebag resort to such scummy behavior in an effort to disparage me or the company I work for.  Sit in a room with 60 other advisors who are responsible for over 3 billion dollars of other peoples money, and the responsibility that entails, and it takes on a different meaning, than what is represented here.  We're one of the most regulated industries in the country, and I can go to jail if I'm a fuckup and do something unethical or illegal.

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The two emerging market funds I purchased about 6 weeks ago have been pretty flat, they had a good run last year though.  See how it goes, I tend not to get into specific sectors.

Also picked up two more global equity funds a month ago, nice to be up about 6% on each since the purchase.

True, but the outlook is still good given their GDP growth rates, and general economic outlook.  3-4 years ago, they were not performing at all.  But India for example has something like 80% of people still living in poverty, all while their governments and economies are reforming, so as those people grow to the middle class, the companies there will thrive, so international and emerging markets are still opportunities.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There are good and bad with anything.  Pretty foolish to hand over the keys to anyone without being closely involved in financial decisions.

The more you know the better off.

Yep investing is like your kids education.   If you're not deeply involved don't bitch about the results.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

True, but the outlook is still good given their GDP growth rates, and general economic outlook.  3-4 years ago, they were not performing at all.  But India for example has something like 80% of people still living in poverty, all while their governments and economies are reforming, so as those people grow to the middle class, the companies there will thrive, so international and emerging markets are still opportunities.

Emerging have been around for at least 15 years and were the flavour of the month when they first came out and then lost their shine.  They came back and should be ok in the next few years.

India has a very young population.

On 6/19/2018 at 7:38 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Beta needs to check out my Fidelity picks I strongly recommended to him again.  All up even today.  

I know you and that fucktard Driftbitch want to pretend you are making 15 -20 percent on your money and that it's I'm a fool for having parked some of my money. Hell you might even convince that brain fried fuck head Ben to follow your advice.

But the truth is that your both like gamblers who head to Vegas. You won't shut up about the time you win but you conveniently forget about losing. 

You mentioned Fidelity.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/priceandperformance?view=LT

If you click on the link you will see approx 160 funds under the Fidelity umbrella.

Approx 20 returned over 10% since inception. 

Only 2 cleared 25%

60 returned less than 5%

There is no mention of whether those returns are before or after fees.  What are the fees 2%

Regardless only 12% of the funds cleared 10% and 88% returned less than that.  36% got less than 5%

So your are 3 times as likely to end getting less than 5% than you are over 10%.

Is the average 6%?  

Let's take that and guess worse case scenario, the fees are not taken into account so you'll lose another 2%, then make it even worse, you've paid some fucktard another 2% to advise you to buy these stinkers. That leaves you with 2% return.

But don't worry you've at least made the fund manager and your advisor happy.

I didn't want to give it all away because I'll enjoy laughing at you fuckheads when Trump crashes the market.

But top it off these returns are mostly from the last 10 years which has seen incredible growth after a crash.

The sales team that convince idiots that these fuckheads know that they are doing make sure to wrap up funds that suck long term.

If you look at the inception date they mostly coincide with a year or so after a crash.

Early 2000 and 2008 and 2009.    Starting a fund after a crash makes it easier to show better returns than a fund that started a few years before the crash.

Fidelity has probably been around since the 80's  if the mythical 8% average return was common then why aren't there a lot of funds that have been around since then?

21 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I know you and that fucktard Driftbitch want to pretend you are making 15 -20 percent on your money and that it's I'm a fool for having parked some of my money. Hell you might even convince that brain fried fuck head Ben to follow your advice.

But the truth is that your both like gamblers who head to Vegas. You won't shut up about the time you win but you conveniently forget about losing. 

You mentioned Fidelity.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/priceandperformance?view=LT

If you click on the link you will see approx 160 funds under the Fidelity umbrella.

Approx 20 returned over 10% since inception. 

Only 2 cleared 25%

60 returned less than 5%

There is no mention of whether those returns are before or after fees.  What are the fees 2%

Regardless only 12% of the funds cleared 10% and 88% returned less than that.  36% got less than 5%

So your are 3 times as likely to end getting less than 5% than you are over 10%.

Is the average 6%?  

Let's take that and guess worse case scenario, the fees are not taken into account so you'll lose another 2%, then make it even worse, you've paid some fucktard another 2% to advise you to buy these stinkers. That leaves you with 2% return.

But don't worry you've at least made the fund manager and your advisor happy.

I didn't want to give it all away because I'll enjoy laughing at you fuckheads when Trump crashes the market.

But top it off these returns are mostly from the last 10 years which has seen incredible growth after a crash.

The sales team that convince idiots that these fuckheads know that they are doing make sure to wrap up funds that suck long term.

If you look at the inception date they mostly coincide with a year or so after a crash.

Early 2000 and 2008 and 2009.    Starting a fund after a crash makes it easier to show better returns than a fund that started a few years before the crash.

Fidelity has probably been around since the 80's  if the mythical 8% average return was common then why aren't there a lot of funds that have been around since then?

I gave them to you some time ago, here they are again.

Global Innovators ytd 22%, fund started back in November

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F00000ZR0K&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Canadian Growth ytd 17%

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN05ZXY&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Special Situations ytd 15%, inception over 16%

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN0713D&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Marc took over Canadian Growth in 2011, so his record starts from there.

I said I was up 15% over the past 5 years and 8% ytd.  I never said this year but it looks like a double digit return again.

I also hold the Insights Class by Wil Dannoff, up 20% ytd .:lol:

Anything else.

edit: all returns are after fees except F series, subtract 0.7% from the return.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

Started my retirement fund at 24 years old. Overall raw growth of investments averages 12%. That doesn’t include the 23 years of investment in the state of Wisconsin retirement fund. That’s all by not doing any tinkering. Simply bought into solid investments for long term growth. I currently have enough wealth/investments for two retirements. I personally think people either don’t save enough or they cheat themselves out of fun in their younger years by investing and saving too much.

I did all my traveling and adventure when I was young. My 60’s and 70’s will be spent with my grandkids and family. Despite this,  I really wish that I would’ve spent more of my earned money when I was younger. 

56 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I gave them to you some time ago, here they are again.

Global Innovators ytd 22%, fund started back in November

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F00000ZR0K&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Canadian Growth ytd 17%

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN05ZXY&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Special Situations ytd 15%, inception over 16%

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN0713D&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Marc took over Canadian Growth in 2011, so his record starts from there.

I said I was up 15% over the past 5 years and 8% ytd.  I never said this year but it looks like a double digit return again.

I also hold the Insights Class by Wil Dannoff, up 20% ytd .:lol:

Anything else.

edit: all returns are after fees except F series, subtract 0.7% from the return.

Wow he sure put a lot thought into that one....wtf.   Don’t know where to begin with that asshole....whether it’s his accusations that I’m representing or promising any kind of returns (illegal) or that we charge 2% a year to manage someone’s money.  I especially like his “in depth analysis” of Fidelity and the inception date on some of their funds.  I don’t even sell their funds but have access to over 6000 mutual funds and countless other stocks, bonds, etfs, etc., that require a license to sell, that is by no means easy to obtain.  He can think what He wants but to come on here and link up negative bullshit about the company I work for or to accuse me of any impropriety  is just flat out wrong.   First it was Zoso, then Moto, and now this asshole.

Some of the posts in this thread may not have crossed the line, but are getting close to doing so. Before that happens I want to remind everyone that family and a members livelihood are off limits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Started my retirement fund at 24 years old. Overall raw growth of investments averages 12%. That doesn’t include the 23 years of investment in the state of Wisconsin retirement fund. That’s all by not doing any tinkering. Simply bought into solid investments for long term growth. I currently have enough wealth/investments for two retirements. I personally think people either don’t save enough or they cheat themselves out of fun in their younger years by investing and saving too much.

I did all my traveling and adventure when I was young. My 60’s and 70’s will be spent with my grandkids and family. Despite this,  I really wish that I would’ve spent more of my earned money when I was younger. 

i started investing in mine at 22,  no pension so all on me but i should be prepared for retirement.  I invest for the long run there is no reason to panic or try to play the timing game.  I missed some of the downturn in 09 due to my company closing and rolling out of the corporate plan to an ira which was pure luck.  

On the bold i agree,  wish i did a lot differently including having more fun then.  

57 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I started was I was 23, almost 30 years ago.  I can't stress enough for the young guys to put away as much as they can when they are young.  I am invested in solid long term hold positions and have likely already funded my son's retirement.

Hope he doesn't blow it.  I plan to spend well into retirement.

43 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wow he sure put a lot thought into that one....wtf.   Don’t know where to begin with that asshole....whether it’s his accusations that I’m representing or promising any kind of returns (illegal) or that we charge 2% a year to manage someone’s money.  I especially like his “in depth analysis” of Fidelity and the inception date on some of their funds.  I don’t even sell their funds but have access to over 6000 mutual funds and countless other stocks, bonds, etfs, etc., that require a license to sell, that is by no means easy to obtain.  He can think what He wants but to come on here and link up negative bullshit about the company I work for or to accuse me of any impropriety  is just flat out wrong.   First it was Zoso, then Moto, and now this asshole.

I had made the comment to him originally recommending Mark Schmehl's new global innovators fund as a no brainer and then said so are his other two funds.  Quite frankly the track records are hard to beat.  Here is his info.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/products/pm/mschmehl

So are the Edgepoint's and Mawer's I have often referred to.  I don't get him.  I have planted my seeds for most of my significant holdings dating back many years actually, so I can't pull performance numbers out of thin air.:lol:

His lack of understanding of how mutual funds work is really beta.:lol:

I wish this thread could turn into a more useful discussion of serious investment ideas instead of the childish setting it has turned out to be. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I had made the comment to him originally recommending Mark Schmehl's new global innovators fund as a no brainer and then said so are his other two funds.  Quite frankly the track records are hard to beat.  Here is his info.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/products/pm/mschmehl

So are the Edgepoint's and Mawer's I have often referred to.  I don't get him.  I have planted my seeds for most of my significant holdings dating back many years actually, so I can't pull performance numbers out of thin air.:lol:

His lack of understanding of how mutual funds work is really beta.:lol:

I wish this thread could turn into a more useful discussion of serious investment ideas instead of the childish setting it has turned out to be. 

His lack of understanding about pretty much everything about this business and the principles of investing, is pretty bad.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

His lack of understanding about pretty much everything about this business and the principles of investing, is pretty bad.

Thats what happens when daddy does everything for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You're getting abused worse than a blow-up doll at a frat party!!!  

Your job, your wife!! OMG!! It's bad!!   

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You're getting abused worse than a blow-up doll at a frat party!!!  

Your job, your wife!! OMG!! It's bad!!   

Its a good thing I have a big dick.  I'd love to meet a couple of these spineless fucks face to face.  Unlike them, and you as well, I've put it right out there for 15+ years.  You wanna meet me,  I'm right here in the northeast. Its not much of a secret who I am, where I work, or what I do.   Bring it.  A couple of these guys would already be sued for libel if this was a public website.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Its a good thing I have a big dick.  I'd love to meet a couple of these spineless fucks face to face.  Unlike them, and you as well, I've put it right out there for 15+ years.  You wanna meet me,  I'm right here in the northeast. Its not much of a secret who I am, where I work, or what I do.   Bring it.  A couple of these guys would already be sued for libel if this was a public website.

Get bent, and go pay your rent Jethro!!!! You needle-dinked bug fucker!!

LMMFAO!!! I'm razzin' ya' Wolfie!!! Goddamnit, dontcha' remember ya' posted that on me ELEVEN years ago on FS1!!!!!

I probably could buy and sell everybody on this site, so whatever anybody posts here..........................................................

Doesn't mean jack shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Get bent, and go pay your rent Jethro!!!! You needle-dinked bug fucker!!

LMMFAO!!! I'm razzin' ya' Wolfie!!! Goddamnit, dontcha' remember ya' posted that on me ELEVEN years ago on FS1!!!!!

I probably could buy and sell everybody on this site, so whatever anybody posts here..........................................................

Doesn't mean jack shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

My cousin Tommy was Maine state trooper of the year something like 30 years ago.  Look it up mother fucker.  Same last name.  We come from good stock,, and you fuck with one of us, you fuck with all of us.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

My cousin Tommy was Maine state trooper of the year something like 30 years ago.  Look it up mother fucker.  Same last name.  We come from good stock,, and you fuck with one of us, you fuck with all of us.

WasTommy singled-out of the police academy , 'cause he was rendering fellow officers semi-conscious during the boxing classes?

Was Tommy singled-out of the state police physical agility entrance exam, 'cause he was scoring so high? NO? 

Then I suggest you STFU and go to the Timberland Bar or whatever that redneck fuckin' place is called in Jackman, and get shit-faced with the rest of those MAINTAHDS!!!! 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

WasTommy singled-out of the police academy , 'cause he was rendering fellow officers semi-conscious during the boxing classes?

Was Tommy singled-out of the state police physical agility entrance exam, 'cause he was scoring so high? NO? 

Then I suggest you STFU and go to the Timberland Bar or whatever that redneck fuckin' place is called in Jackman, and get shit-faced with the rest of those MAINTAHDS!!!! 

He won trooper of the year, how much more singled out do you need?  He was a big dude and a tough son of a bitch.  He died of a heart attack way too young.  You state trooper of the year, in any state?  No.  Give respect where respect is due.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

He won trooper of the year, how much more singled out do you need?  He was a big dude and a tough son of a bitch.  He died of a heart attack way too young.  You state trooper of the year, in any state?  No.  Give respect where respect is due.

Trooper of the year!!!  LMAO!! Jesus Fuck, they hated me as much as people on this site do!!!!! 

The last time I was in Jackman, was November of 1999. Me and my buddy went up for deer. We pulled into the parking lot of that bar, but did not go in. 

That poor bastid has been in the Brockton VA Hospital for 9 months!! He's had strokes, heart attacks, and MRSA!! His 25 year old son

shot himself last year. 

Today I went to my buddy the Jehovah's house, and cut four big trees for him. Limbed them out, and bucked them all up, swingin' a Jonsered 2171 w/24" bar.  I guess I could be worse off. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Trooper of the year!!!  LMAO!! Jesus Fuck, they hated me as much as people on this site do!!!!! 

The last time I was in Jackman, was November of 1999. Me and my buddy went up for deer. We pulled into the parking lot of that bar, but did not go in. 

That poor bastid has been in the Brockton VA Hospital for 9 months!! He's had strokes, heart attacks, and MRSA!! His 25 year old son

shot himself last year. 

Today I went to my buddy the Jehovah's house, and cut four big trees for him. Limbed them out, and bucked them all up, swingin' a Jonsered 2171 w/24" bar.  I guess I could be worse off. 

I guess there was a point in there.  Tommy was a good and decent man who died way too young.  His older brother lives here in CT near me.  His other brother lives in the GTA and is a CFP in the same industry I'm in.  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I guess there was a point in there.  Tommy was a good and decent man who died way too young.  His older brother lives here in CT near me.  His other brother lives in the GTA and is a CFP in the same industry I'm in.  

Its like going thru a pile of dirty underwear...only to find one that hasnt been worn yet....

• Haha 1