Check your account email address ×

Don't buy Motorfist gear

jtssrx

I bought a pair of Motofist's top boots last year at the Novi Snow show. The boots list price is 369.00. I though for the price would be high quality. With the short season last year I used the boots a handful of times. So these boots with last weeks ride have been worn say five times. When I went riding last weekend and my feet were soaked. So I emailed customer service and they told me I need a receipt to get the boat replaced. Mind you I'm not asking for a refund I just want a boot that doesn't get wet. After several emails I'm out 400.00 more or less plus the cost of what ever boats I buy to replace these with proper boots. 

Edited by jtssrx

32 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I bought a pair of Motofist's top boots last year at the Novi Snow show. The boots list price is 369.00. I though for the price would be high quality. With the short season last year I used the boots a handful of times. So these boots with last weeks ride have been worn say five times. When I went riding last weekend and my feet were soaked. So I emailed customer service and they told me I need a receipt to get the boat replaced. Mind you I'm not asking for a refund I just want a boot that doesn't get wet. After several emails I'm out 400.00 more or less plus the cost of what ever boats I buy to replace these with proper boots. 

SMH that's some major BS right there 

that is fucked . I have had nothing but positive transactions with them in the past . that is what happens when big guys buy you out. same shit happened with klim .

find any shop selling motor fist and ask them to give you a hand receipt  . believe  me they are also not happy about the new policy if it is as you describe 

Just now, jtssrx said:

Im beyond pissed and i have no issue spending top dollar for nice stuff. 

I don't blame you one bit. That's shitty customer service.   Did you buy directly from them at Novi? 

I've been waiting on ZBros for almost 5 weeks for shocks that I was told I'd have in 3 weeks.   Bad thing is, Ian (Monster Performance) is in the middle of it. I ordered the shocks thru him (he took some shocks from me in trade in), and he's just as pissed as I am.  He's been waiting for several other orders besides mine, and he has a lot of pissed off customers.   I told him yesterday , if I didn't have my shocks by Friday afternoon, I wanted my order cancelled and to get me Fox shocks instead. Supposedly they told him "my parts are pulled and are awaiting assembly"    Ian said he was going to get ahold of them and tell them he wants them sent next day air to me so I have them by Friday before I head N for the weekend. Still waiting to hear back from him today on an update since they are in Utah and a few hours behind us. 

FTR Ian has been wonderful to work with and I have nothing bad to say about him. :bc:

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

SMH that's some major BS right there 

Agreed. Bullshit excuse to get out of paying.  No  such thing as customer service anymore. It has become a slogan and not a policy.  As large companies continue to push out the little guys this will be the new way to do business.

Have any of you guys been to Hong Kong ?

I have, and there are a bazillion fake copies of every item out their imaginable, of course, for cheap.

Maybe, just maybe, the OP got sucked into buying a knock-off copy of the real thing, so naturally, it is junk.

Why not deal with whomever they bought the boots from, and try and get them to do something ?

Is asking for a copy of the receipt to much to ask, when someone is looking for a replacement ?  

32 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I don't blame you one bit. That's shitty customer service.   Did you buy directly from them at Novi? 

I've been waiting on ZBros for almost 5 weeks for shocks that I was told I'd have in 3 weeks.   Bad thing is, Ian (Monster Performance) is in the middle of it. I ordered the shocks thru him (he took some shocks from me in trade in), and he's just as pissed as I am.  He's been waiting for several other orders besides mine, and he has a lot of pissed off customers.   I told him yesterday , if I didn't have my shocks by Friday afternoon, I wanted my order cancelled and to get me Fox shocks instead. Supposedly they told him "my parts are pulled and are awaiting assembly"    Ian said he was going to get ahold of them and tell them he wants them sent next day air to me so I have them by Friday before I head N for the weekend. Still waiting to hear back from him today on an update since they are in Utah and a few hours behind us. 

FTR Ian has been wonderful to work with and I have nothing bad to say about him. :bc:

I dealt directly with a motorfist rep through one of there dealers at the show. She was fantastic. 

Thats BS on your shocks. Its the middle of the season!!! 

26 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I dealt directly with a motorfist rep through one of there dealers at the show. She was fantastic. 

You shouldn't have to have it to get replacement for them, but it sucks you have no proof of purchase

Yea I know.  Ian ordered my shocks on December 5th.  Told me 3 weeks.   We're into week 5 now and I still have nothing.  I could have had Fox Shocks in 2 weeks, but the guy who rebuilds shocks for me said to go with the Exits over the Fox. Said they are slightly better than the Fox because they have more fluid capacity.  Wish I would have went with the Fox from the get go, but it is what it is now.   

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

call back and tell them that when you bought them they  told you if the boots ever failed You could send them in for repair or replacement and no one ever said anything about a receipt .

if they wont do shit move up the chain and keep asking . when that fails plaster the forums all of them . cat poo and doo all have people who manage online presence and when they see you will not drop it some one from cat will pm you to shut you up

I don't buy at shows,hell I don't even go to shows anymore. I buy from Motorfirsts web site in April. Tons of stuff at 75% off. Always buy our boots at Farm & Fleet. Made in USA kamiks for under $100. I have two pair of Sorels that are well over 10 years old, both made in Canada. If I wanted made in China boots, I would just go to Shoe Carnival.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Bought a $800 motofist suit for $400 this year and love it.   Got the lighter version.  Seems every bit as good as Klim but the real test will come out west. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You shouldn't have to have it to get replacement for them, but it sucks you have no proof of purchase

Yea I know.  Ian ordered my shocks on December 5th.  Told me 3 weeks.   We're into week 5 now and I still have nothing.  I could have had Fox Shocks in 2 weeks, but the guy who rebuilds shocks for me said to go with the Exits over the Fox. Said they are slightly better than the Fox because they have more fluid capacity.  Wish I would have went with the Fox from the get go, but it is what it is now.   

What really sucks is that slightly better has zero consequence in your riding pleasure, and now you are shockless in January :bashhead:

8 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I don't buy at shows,hell I don't even go to shows anymore. I buy from Motorfirsts web site in April. Tons of stuff at 75% off. Always buy our boots at Farm & Fleet. Made in USA kamiks for under $100. I have two pair of Sorels that are well over 10 years old, both made in Canada. If I wanted made in China boots, I would just go to Shoe Carnival.

Baffins here FTMFW :bc: 

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What really sucks is that slightly better has zero consequence in your riding pleasure, and now you are shockless in January :bashhead:

I asked both Ian and the guy who does my shocks locally which was the better of the 2 and they both agreed that they were both equal as far as ride goes. But the X1s had a slight edge with the fluid capacity. It was 3 weeks vs 2 weeks for the Fox shocks. I didn't think it was going to be an issue , since I don't ever ride til after the holidays because of work. 

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

x2 :bc:

15 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Have any of you guys been to Hong Kong ?

I have, and there are a bazillion fake copies of every item out their imaginable, of course, for cheap.

Maybe, just maybe, the OP got sucked into buying a knock-off copy of the real thing, so naturally, it is junk.

Why not deal with whomever they bought the boots from, and try and get them to do something ?

Is asking for a copy of the receipt to much to ask, when someone is looking for a replacement ?  

I'm with you on this... I would go back to where I bought them from first. I can see the manufacturers position. Joe Smith calls up and says I have a pair of your boots and they fell apart in the first 5 wears. Are they supposed to just take everyone's word for it. Maybe they were actually bought 5 years ago. Maybe they never even bought a pair of that brand boots and are just looking to scam a free pair of boots. Not everyone is honest. Just taking somebody's word is not sound business.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'm with you on this... I would go back to where I bought them from first. I can see the manufacturers position. Joe Smith calls up and says I have a pair of your boots and they fell apart in the first 5 wears. Are they supposed to just take everyone's word for it. Maybe they were actually bought 5 years ago. Maybe they never even bought a pair of that brand boots and are just looking to scam a free pair of boots. Not everyone is honest. Just taking somebody's word is not sound business.

All they have to do is have him ship them back in exchange for the replacement pair.  He bought them at the Novi snow show which is once a year in November

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Bought my wife Baffins at Highland Yammi for less than $100 a few years ago.:bc:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I still use my Sorels I bought in 1998 and they work just as good today as they did back then. My feet stay warm and dry

These stay in the work truck, I think they are ove 20 years old.:bc:

IMG_3743.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'd be willing to send them the boots for inspection. It's their product they should at least take a look at it and decide. Hiding behind "you need a receipt" is bullshit

As an example I shop at Costco. It doesn't matter how long I have something if it fails at no fault of mine Costco returns it. All they are is the distributor. 

46 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I'd be willing to send them the boots for inspection. It's their product they should at least take a look at it and decide. Hiding behind "you need a receipt" is bullshit

As an example I shop at Costco. It doesn't matter how long I have something if it fails at no fault of mine Costco returns it. All they are is the distributor. 

Bingo! 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Sending the boots to them would be a fair compromise. Hopefully they would go with that, But hopefully you can see the need for them to avoid "customer scams" which I guarantee happen frequently. I have heard and seen horror stories from some of our managers. I bought your laptop 9 months ago and it has stopped working, you need to replace it. We know they bought it 9 months ago but when it's looked at it's obvious from the cracks in the shell and the broken screen it's been dropped, smashed or whatever. The customer gets irate when told sorry... the warranty doesn't cover it being abused.

What about the dealer you got them from. Really it's their job to deal with the manufacturer for you.

Edited by 02sled