Check your account email address ×

Who here actually rides snowmobiles?

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

80? Is that considered fast for that sled? Dunno??

Sounds about right for 90HP. I've read on some forums 0-70mph they pull hard and takes a little longer to top out. I'm pretty sure my 600(carbed) Gade will give it run.

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Smart ass! I think he said 88 GPS.  Not a fast sled. Fast enough for me I think. 0-70 pulls really well. Just unsure if my big ass will affect it much.

I really don't know if that's considered fast now a days. I used to do Radar and drags for many years, my 12 year daughter at the time did 91 with a 1979 Poo Centurian in 1/4 mile, I did 102 with a 1982 Kawi 550 Interceptor same day.

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Smart ass! I think he said 88 GPS.  Not a fast sled. Fast enough for me I think. 0-70 pulls really well. Just unsure if my big ass will affect it much.

Its hard to describe that motor, I'll just say its way better in real life than it is on paper.  Drive by wire throttle, so quiet all you hear is the track whirring.  Keep it clamped for miles on end, and feels like its not even cracking a sweat.  But you're still hauling a pretty good pace down the trail.  20 mpg.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'm looking at new too. 

Renegade 900

Renegade 1200

Zr 7000 137

Need 1+1. Don' know which way to go. Not sure if 900 has enough. I'm no speed freak. 

I'd look at the 1200. Bud has a 1200 and says it's on par with his 600 doo

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its hard to describe that motor, I'll just say its way better in real life than it is on paper.  Drive by wire throttle, so quiet all you hear is the track whirring.  Keep it clamped for miles on end, and feels like its not even cracking a sweat.  But you're still hauling a pretty good pace down the trail.  20 mpg.  

I know he's had a mxz 470. A 670. Couple 600 sdis. Said the 900 is by far his favorite by far. 24-28 mpg imperial. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I know he's had a mxz 470. A 670. Couple 600 sdis. Said the 900 is by far his favorite by far. 24-28 mpg imperial. 

My buddy sold his 2016 800 XRS Renegade and now has 2 900 Renegades for both him and his wife.  Great little motor, as long as you don't need to go much past 80.  My sled was down for the day a couple years ago, and another bud let me take his 900 Expedition for the day.  I was amazed at how easy it was to carry a good pace on it. :bc: 

Just now, DAVE said:

Not since 04. :lol:

well you're always singing their praises :lol:  :bc:    No lie, Sal Rosenbergs new Cross Country LImited is a really awesome ride,  that chassis, seat and shock combo is really impressive.

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

well you're always singing their praises :lol:  :bc:    No lie, Sal Rosenbergs new Cross Country LImited is a really awesome ride,  that chassis, seat and shock combo is really impressive.

Just busting balls I want no ill will to happen to anybody with their machines

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My buddy sold his 2016 800 XRS Renegade and now has 2 900 Renegades for both him and his wife.  Great little motor, as long as you don't need to go much past 80.  My sled was down for the day a couple years ago, and another bud let me take his 900 Expedition for the day.  I was amazed at how easy it was to carry a good pace on it. :bc: 

That's a big jump down in hp! My buddy said the torque is amazing, super quiet, reliable and superb fuel mileage. 

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

And for the record ....... Nobody was more shocked than I was Sat morning when the thing fired up instantly  :lol:  

I used to hate pulling the wife's 03 Rev 600HO over on real cold mornings. Good thing it wasn't an 800

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

I used to hate pulling the wife's 03 Rev 600HO over on real cold mornings. Good thing it wasn't an 800

My last sled was my first estart sled and I'll never go back now .    Besides , I don't think that I could rope an 800 over on a frigid morning anymore anyway :lol:   :bc:

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Would never own a sled without estart.  My kids 2002 formula needed to crank a good 15 secs before firing up.