Check your account email address ×

Who here actually rides snowmobiles?

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don't mind the snow but could do without the 35 mph.....

IMG_3666.thumb.PNG.015dc645273e4561a2038272ef47c991.PNG

Go outside and blow some of that my way. Rode Mio to Lewiston on 4/429 Monday. Was pretty bad. Snow mixed with rocks and dirt in a lot of areas. I won't go out again until we get more snow. That or trailer over to Grayling maybe.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Go outside and blow some of that my way. Rode Mio to Lewiston on 4/429 Monday. Was pretty bad. Snow mixed with rocks and dirt in a lot of areas. I won't go out again until we get more snow. That or trailer over to Grayling maybe.

I would if I could....coming down hard right now. Cold in Grayling...they are under a run water alert.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would if I could....coming down hard right now. Cold in Grayling...they are under a run water alert.

Yeah I saw that. Thought about that too, but I've got heat tape wrapped around the incoming water line. Supposed to be cold thru Fri.

20 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Hows the traffic in that area generally? I am thinking of taking the girlfriend up that way sometime this season. Trying to stay somewhere where there's some snow but less populated since she's new to sledding. Any decent places to get honest trail reports for that area?

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Hows the traffic in that area generally? I am thinking of taking the girlfriend up that way sometime this season. Trying to stay somewhere where there's some snow but less populated since she's new to sledding. Any decent places to get honest trail reports for that area?

I'd stay west of 75 for sure. I haven't ridden over that way yet, but they seem to be getting the most snow (lake effect). Snacks is over that way I think. He would know better than me. Michigan fish web is what I usually use, but that can be hit or miss.

22 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't mind teens and 20's but last week or so sucked balls.  

only doos too cheap to not give a recoil on an electric start sled.  Glad I had one on my freeride used it friday morning after she sat for 2 weeks at least 3 or 4 of which was well below zero.  

I have a patch under my chin that is molting like a snake. Knew I had a touch of frost bite, but have a patch the size of an egg down there.

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

I have a patch under my chin that is molting like a snake. Knew I had a touch of frost bite, but have a patch the size of an egg down there.

Bv2s are bad for that...that clear plastic piece under the mouth piece lets air in...i get it there as well.

9 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I'd stay west of 75 for sure. I haven't ridden over that way yet, but they seem to be getting the most snow (lake effect). Snacks is over that way I think. He would know better than me. Michigan fish web is what I usually use, but that can be hit or miss.

The majority of my riding has been out of LON and it's a real good sweet spot for LES. I was kind of thinking east of 75 would have less traffic provided the trails weren't all snirt. I forgot about fishweb...thanks! :bc: 

7 minutes ago, s pump said:

i had a small mark there but went away after a day,  must have been the glorious ginger beard i was growing protecting me but that was causing the mask to leak a bit i think.  That balaclava being placed over the bottom of the chin is a pain but a necessity in those temps.  I finally got the rest of the skirt figured out so i don't have the other leak i was using the turtle fur to overcome.  

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The majority of my riding has been out of LON and it's a real good sweet spot for LES. I was kind of thinking east of 75 would have less traffic provided the trails weren't all snirt. I forgot about fishweb...thanks! :bc: 

Lovells, Grayling maybe, but I imagine it's pretty thin. What about Jordan Valley, Honour, Belaire area?

2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Lovells, Grayling maybe, but I imagine it's pretty thin. What about Jordan Valley, Honour, Belaire area?

I might just go that route in the end anyways. Jordan Valley is probably one of my favorite trails to be honest and I think she'd love it. She's just never ever been on a trail before, only behind the house on our lake. I've got the "always stay right" mindset beat into her brain but it's the other people I am worried about. I know once I get her out a few times I won't worry as much.

25 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Bv2s are bad for that...that clear plastic piece under the mouth piece lets air in...i get it there as well.

First time I've had a problem with the BV. 

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i had a small mark there but went away after a day,  must have been the glorious ginger beard i was growing protecting me but that was causing the mask to leak a bit i think.  That balaclava being placed over the bottom of the chin is a pain but a necessity in those temps.  I finally got the rest of the skirt figured out so i don't have the other leak i was using the turtle fur to overcome.  

My balaclava is all stretched oot. Another one on the way along with a 2.5 gallon gas caddy. That Cat is a bit thirsty at trail speed.

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I might just go that route in the end anyways. Jordan Valley is probably one of my favorite trails to be honest and I think she'd love it. She's just never ever been on a trail before, only behind the house on our lake. I've got the "always stay right" mindset beat into her brain but it's the other people I am worried about. I know once I get her out a few times I won't worry as much.

The Valley should be minty!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If you ride East of 75 ride in or around Atlanta.  Less traffic. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

3000 bucks...fuck that’s what people are offering me for mine. :lol:

Looks pretty clean.   Maybe he'll trade you? :dunno:

9 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

If you ride East of 75 ride in or around Atlanta.  Less traffic. 

Looks pretty clean.   Maybe he'll trade you? :dunno:

He says only IQRs and Rev Trades and I guarantee there would be no cash coming out his pocket. Thanks for the heads up though Jay...maybe I will give him a shout just for grins.:thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Thanks...I'll check that out too   :thumb: 

:bc:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He says only IQRs and Rev Trades and I guarantee there would be no cash coming out his pocket. Thanks for the heads up though Jay...maybe I will give him a shout just for grins.:thumbsup:

Worst he can say is no :bc:

Well my boy and I should be ready to go for the weekend. :thumbsup:

Question, Any of you guys know of a good exhaust spring tool?? fuck those things are a pain right in the fucking ass..

mms_img-167499395.jpg

2 hours ago, s pump said:

First time I've had a problem with the BV. 

My balaclava is all stretched oot. Another one on the way along with a 2.5 gallon gas caddy. That Cat is a bit thirsty at trail speed.

do they make a can that fits that rack or are you just running a hardware store can with it. 

42 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Question, Any of you guys know of a good exhaust spring tool?? fuck those things are a pain right in the fucking ass..

mms_img-167499395.jpg

https://www.c-tpowersports.com/2013website/product/Exhaust Spring Puller15.html

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

mms_img-167499395.jpg

Is that a 6 leaker in the background?

Just now, DAVE said:

Is that a 6 leaker in the background?

6.2 gasser, its for sale, want to buy it?? 88k on the odo..Western plow, its minty..

mms_img-1393531776.jpg

mms_img306338873.jpg

mms_img515237483.jpg