Check your account email address ×

The faggotness has left his body

15 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well you and some other nook made a comment about my ram being junk. This thing works everyday and has 92,000 miles with no issues. Although I do need some new shocks, this thing is getting scary driving over bumps. 

Im all about towing....the ram has lowest tow rating by a mile.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im all about towing....the ram has lowest tow rating by a mile.

Well I tow quite a bit with this but nothing big. Generators, compressors and the occasional snowmobile trailer and that's about it. If I was towing bigger stuff I would get a diesel. We hire out all of our big towing due to dot regs and I don't want to hire operators or teamsters. 

6 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well I tow quite a bit with this but nothing big. Generators, compressors and the occasional snowmobile trailer and that's about it. If I was towing bigger stuff I would get a diesel. We hire out all of our big towing due to dot regs and I don't want to hire operators or teamsters. 

The new F150 is rated at 13200lbs for towing...mine is 12000ish....unless youre doing a ton of miles towing....there isnt a need for a deisel imo....and like i said these eco boosts have a ton of power....non of the others compare imo.

16 hours ago, Kev144 said:

where did you get the gay pic you posted above then?  was it in your personal spank bank? :lol: can't make this shit up 

:groin::owned: to the Maximus Maximum Max! 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The new F150 is rated at 13200lbs for towing...mine is 12000ish....unless youre doing a ton of miles towing....there isnt a need for a deisel imo....and like i said these eco boosts have a ton of power....non of the others compare imo.

Mine is rated at like 10 or 11,000 lbs. Lemme tell you something, you dont want to tow anywhere close to that with a half ton. I wont tow anything over 7,500 lbs. You dont want to tow something that weighs that much more than you do, its just going to throw you around. Half tons are really not made for that. 

5 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Mine is rated at like 10 or 11,000 lbs. Lemme tell you something, you dont want to tow anywhere close to that with a half ton. I wont tow anything over 7,500 lbs. You dont want to tow something that weighs that much more than you do, its just going to throw you around. Half tons are really not made for that. 

I use to think that as well till I towed heavy with this F 150. And your talking to a guy that has always had duallys remember....yor dodge has a 3.92 rear end?

Just now, DAVE said:

I use to think that as well till I towed heavy with this F 150. And your talking to a guy that has always had duallys remember....yor dodge has a 3.92 rear end?

Yes

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

:lol: maybe in your little sissy 1/2 ton 

25 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I still like the 6.2 GM motor better, although I was really impressed with the 3.5 Eco I drove last month.

18 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Agreed.  Its not just about power, brakes, tires, rear ends, stabilizers, bushings etc., are all heavier.  Windy days can move a half ton all over the place towing compared to a heavier truck.  imo.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I still like the 6.2 GM motor better, although I was really impressed with the 3.5 Eco I drove last month.

Agreed.  Its not just about power, brakes, tires, rear ends, stabilizers, bushings etc., are all heavier.  Windy days can move a half ton all over the place towing compared to a heavier truck.  imo.

Agree with all of that....but if you dont Tow alot...just to your local campground or so its sufficient.

I put super springs on the F150...it got rid of the sway.

Screenshot_20171231-095120.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Agree with all of that....but if you dont Tow alot...just to your local campground or so its sufficient.

I put super springs on the F150...it got rid of the sway.

Screenshot_20171231-095120.png

I think we all agree then.   I towed a skid steer with my Tundra Crewmax, and it was ok, but I wasn't towing it far or more than once or twice.  I found out when I had my portable shitter business. :lol: I had a 92 F150 with a 5.8 motor in it when I bought the company.  I had a 21 ft. Big Tex trailer with a deck that was about 42" off the ground.  Throw 14 shitters on there and it was like towing a giant windsail.  Not sure what the weight was, probably only around 5000 lbs, but it was like a giant camp trailer wind resistance wise.  Truck was quickly getting  burned up and I had a couple white knuckle moments on some windy days.  I traded it 3 months in for a 95 F250 with the Power Stroke.  Problem solved. :bc: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not just your opinon its just the facts. You can tell who has towed heavy equipment and who hasn't... :bc: half tons are just not heavy enough to haul around 10,000+lbs. 

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Not just your opinon its just the facts. You can tell who has towed heavy equipment and who hasn't... :bc: half tons are just not heavy enough to haul around 10,000+lbs. 

Not debating that.....im just stating if i had to tow that kind of weight(and do on occasion) the f150 with the eco boost is the best half ton to do so.

My dually is over kill for everything but my 14000lb  toyhauler or towing an enclosed with my truck camper on.

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I deliver hardwood firewood with a 3800 lbs tandem dump trailer. A bushcord weighs about 4000 lbs and we can get a cord and a half in it. So 10k lbs. Never an issue with the ferds. Electric brakes are a must. Carry on though. :news:

11 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Not debating that.....im just stating if i had to tow that kind of weight(and do on occasion) the f150 with the eco boost is the best half ton to do so.

My dually is over kill for everything but my 14000lb  toyhauler or towing an enclosed with my truck camper on.

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I deliver hardwood firewood with a 3800 lbs tandem dump trailer. A bushcord weighs about 4000 lbs and we can get a cord and a half in it. So 10k lbs. Never an issue with the ferds. Electric brakes are a must. Carry on though. :news:

guys with rams always have the same excuse.  "you should never tow over 7000lbs!!!!!!!!!!11"  no, your truck isn't rated for over 7000lbs.  

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

guys with rams always have the same excuse.  "you should never tow over 7000lbs!!!!!!!!!!11"  no, your truck isn't rated for over 7000lbs.  

Analer is right though...there is no debating whether a 3/4 ton and up is the way to go if you're towing heavy alot...its night and day difference.

Just now, DAVE said:

Analer is right though...there is no debating whether a 3/4 ton and up is the way to go if you're towing heavy alot...its night and day difference.

i don't disagree with that but as has been said, if you need to do it once or twice with a half ton, you could.  

11 minutes ago, Reevester said:

My supt has an eco boost bro. He won't tow our skid steer trailer with it and about 3 months ago I had to send our tow service to pick him up because it died and left him stranded in the city. Ferds....

I think I towed my empty sled trailer with some fence section on it earlier this year. But the 4WD in tow mode did pretty well with it I think.  I hated scratching up that new shiny 2 inch ball too!  Put a wheel and some compound on it and now it's chromy mirror shiny again.  WHEW!!! I panicked for a bit.  Had to throw a couple of 2x4's in my truck last week.  It was ok though, I rented some moving blankets and wrapped them good an tight..then, pressure washed the bed after I unloaded.

Headed to the mall later.

:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Kev144 said:

i don't disagree with that but as has been said, if you need to do it once or twice with a half ton, you could.  

Yeah you can but it's gonna fuck your shit up. It's scary at times too. I've done that shit for 30 years now, been there done that. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

My supt has an eco boost bro. He won't tow our skid steer trailer with it and about 3 months ago I had to send our tow service to pick him up because it died and left him stranded in the city. Ferds....

Why did it die?

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Maybe the faggot should have got a 5.0.