Check your account email address ×

Another conceal carry dumbass.

Passenger with gun and bullets causes airport backup

Update at 10:37 AM

By: FREIDA FRISARO

A passenger tried to board a plane with a gun and ammunition at Orlando International Airport on Tuesday morning, causing a long backup at checkpoints during the post-Christmas travel rush.

The passenger had a carry-on bag containing a Ruger with a separate magazine loaded with 10 rounds of .22-caliber ammunition, said Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Sari Koshetz.

The passenger, who was not identified, possesses a valid Florida concealed weapons license, but will be charged with carrying a concealed firearm in a place prohibited by law, said Orlando police spokeswoman Michelle Guido.

It was the 91st weapon intercepted by TSA officers at Orlando's airport this year, Koshetz said, adding that it marks a "disturbing and dangerous pattern" across Florida and the rest of the nation.

"Most of the guns our officers intercept are loaded," Koshetz said. "You see the way many passengers fling their carry-on bags onto the X-ray belts in the checkpoints. An accidental discharge could have tragic results."

Koshetz said passengers who bring a gun to a security checkpoint face civil penalties from TSA of up to $13,000, even if they aren't arrested.

The agency has seen a rise in the number of guns brought to checkpoints across the state over the past five years, according to a recent TSA report. So far this year, 498 weapons have been found at five of the state's largest airports: Tampa International, Orlando International, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International, Miami International and Jacksonville International. Tampa International tops the list with 96 guns, followed by Orlando at 91. Agents intercepted 72 guns at Fort Lauderdale's airport, 52 at Miami's airport and 39 at Jacksonville's airport.

In 2016, 3,391 firearms were discovered in carry-on luggage at 238 of the nation's airports in 2016, an increase of 28 percent over 2015, the report shows. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport topped the list with 198 incidents, followed by Dallas Fort Worth International Airport at 128. The Tampa and Orlando airports had 79 and 86, respectively, putting them on the TSA's top 10 list for firearms discoveries at checkpoints.

The total numbers haven't been tallied for 2017.

In addition to firearms, TSA agents also intercept thousands of knives, brass knuckles and other hazardous materials at the checkpoints.

___

The passenger, who was not identified, possesses a valid Florida concealed weapons license, but will be charged with carrying a concealed firearm in a place prohibited by law, said Orlando police spokeswoman Michelle Guido.

Why wasn't he identified?

Time for a math lesson moron

If a 1/3rd of all people are dumbasses and some dumbasses are CC holders....then some CC holders are dumbasses and all dumbasses are people.

Not all CC holders are dumbasses and not all people are not dumbasses

Got it moron?????

Oh the humanity.  Can we talk about the 95% failure rate by the high school dropouts at the TSA?

The last time I went through security the TSA was swabbing snack size bags of Simply Pop for explosives from some soccer mom's stroller coming back from Disney World.  Guy behind her had his bag and laptops searched. Mine behind him they searched to look at head phones and chargers.  #somuchsafer

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Time for a math lesson moron

If a 1/3rd of all people are dumbasses and some dumbasses are CC holders....then some CC holders are dumbasses and all dumbasses are people.

Not all CC holders are dumbasses and not all people are not dumbasses

Got it moron?????

Explain that again 

Good friend is a TSA agent and works for FEMA and tells me stories about dumbasses who try to board with guns, knives and even swords like machetes. 

Like Ben said when on a plane remember 30% of the people on board are retards.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You were that urine soaked fat man that sat in front of me last August on a commuter flight. Your head looks like a bear mauled, frozen watermelon. 

I’m not fat :owned: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Good friend is a TSA agent and works for FEMA and tells me stories about dumbasses who try to board with guns, knives and even swords like machetes. 

At white farm ion Concord you can buy all the shit the TSA takes from passengers at Manchester.

It's amazing the number of people that show up at the US Canada border with their loaded handguns. Then the border agents hear the "I'm an American citizen and have the right to bear arms."

Someone who can't grasp the concept of being in a foreign country where US laws don't apply isn't someone I would want to see carrying a loaded gun around. One of my customers was CBSA. I saw a picture of a pile of confiscated guns for a week and there were a lot of them.

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

It's amazing the number of people that show up at the US Canada border with their loaded handguns. Then the border agents hear the "I'm an American citizen and have the right to bear arms."

Someone who can't grasp the concept of being in a foreign country where US laws don't apply isn't someone I would want to see carrying a loaded gun around. One of my customers was CBSA. I saw a picture of a pile of confiscated guns for a week and there were a lot of them.

:lol: yep 

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Right.  Every now and then they show what was taken off passengers at Detroit  metro.  Unbelievable what people think they are going to get on plane with. I like the ones where people get caught with a 5th of alcohol and think they will slam  it before they board.

I don't know what is more moronic, the passenger trying to board the plane with a gun or the TSA for allowing it to cause a long delay.  

Pull the idiot out of line and take him to a room and keep things moving.   Simple as that.  

19 hours ago, 02sled said:

Watching shows like Border Security makes me laugh and roll my eyes at that shit. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I don't know what is more moronic, the passenger trying to board the plane with a gun or the TSA for allowing it to cause a long delay.  

Pull the idiot out of line and take him to a room and keep things moving.   Simple as that.  

It should be simple. but its gvmt. They don't do simple.

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The current state of the tsa was created by a republican and will grow even more tentacles under trump. 

yup,  we gave up a lot or personal freedoms under the guise of making us safer during bushco even though it really is nothing but a feel good effort.