Check your account email address ×

HEY! Lights are back!!!

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its called the Neal Vortex...better hold on!!!! :lol:

it's like a slower moving but much longer ride than entering a Slinger vortex.  Slinger's fizzled out pretty quicky leaving you winded and exhilarted at the same time.  Neal's are like a kiddie ride with the off button broke off.  Good thing it's easy just to step out of it.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Muskoka Rider said:

No need, seems the guy just likes to spin in circles never really addressing the underlying topic. Not worth my time.

it's fun for a while.  Kinda like eating cotton candy.

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

No, you were wrong about the amount of people upset by this, and provided nothing to prove otherwise, unless you think your simple assertion is to be taken as proof. I am done with you as I have already stated, you are not worth my time. Enjoy your day bud.

You provided no proof of the number of people under these policies.  

I am enjoying it.  Likewise. :bc:

Neal

2 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Nobody is offended by happy holidays, however in a work place when you are told you cannot say or display anything that says christmas for fear of offending others, ya that irks a few people, and rightfully so.

What kind of workplaces do this? I don't know any liberals that have a problem with Christmas decorations btw, and I know a lot of liberals.

17 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

What kind of workplaces do this? I don't know any liberals that have a problem with Christmas decorations btw, and I know a lot of liberals.

Point is, this shit about trying not to offend anybody is offending more people than it is protecting.  And it doesn't matter anyway.  We've become a nation of god damn whining greivance groups looking for a reason to be upset...AND LETTING EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT IT.

I'm taking a knee over it all.  Then a bullet.

No, you were wrong about the amount of people upset by this, and provided nothing to prove otherwise, unless you think your simple assertion is to be taken as proof. I am done with you as I have already stated, you are not worth my time. Enjoy your day bud.

kneel is wrong most of the time but will never admit to it, just needs to get the last word in:news:

I feel anyone should be able to wish anyone else in the work place a happy( insert religious holiday here) without any offence being taken. Wish me a happy kwansa (SP) and I see it as a friendly gesture not something I would be offended by. Place a black jesus on your desk, and I see it as an expression of your faith, and another's faith is certainly no threat to my faith. In a free society we should be free in the workplace to celebrate as we see fit as long as it is not interfering with ours or our co-workers productivity.

We had a broad mix of ethnicity in the office. We had one person who although, Hindu would wish others a Merry Christmas. We had a Christmas pot luck lunch. Everyone would participate regardless of their religion. When he would be celebrating Diwali we would wish him a happy Diwali and enjoy the Samosas that his wife would make for us. We also brought in for a Diwali pot luck even though we weren't Hindu. It was a matter of us all getting along and helping each other to celebrate whatever was important to them.

If it were not for Toronto and his pandering to the 55% of residents not born here, he would have no support in Ontario either. I guess that is why he wants to fast track citizenship for immigrants before the next election. After all, it was his father's plan to import liberal voters and he plans to one up dear old daddy.

In the past people with SIGNIFICANT pre-existing medical conditions were exempt from immigrating to Canada. It was seen as a way for them to simply avail themselves of free medical treatment. Now Trudope wants to scrap that portion of the immigration policy. Basically the end result would be someone with an expensive to treat medical condition that will require life long treatment can land on our doorstep and we will pay for it, regardless of the cost or it being a pre-existing condition.

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ahh, I did address it, I asked for some examples, you presented a 10 year old planned (unsure if executed) word change in a Christmas song and a schedule change for a winter concert...  Perhaps you can now see how silly those are for examples of the point of a company barring a seasonal greeting.  :dunno:

Neal

There are now schools where you can't say Happy Halloween or dress up in costumes, especially one that could be seen as offensive. It's now Happy Black & Orange day

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Point is, this shit about trying not to offend anybody is offending more people than it is protecting.  And it doesn't matter anyway.  We've become a nation of god damn whining greivance groups looking for a reason to be upset...AND LETTING EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT IT.

I'm taking a knee over it all.  Then a bullet.

If you're offended by people suggesting we be nicer to each other you're just a grumpy asshole.

Maybe if having common decency is too hard for someone maybe they really should just take a bullet and stop dragging the world down with their bullshit.

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

If you're offended by people suggesting we be nicer to each other you're just a grumpy asshole.

Maybe if having common decency is too hard for someone maybe they really should just take a bullet and stop dragging the world down with their bullshit.

Agreed!  But, that's not gonna help the Dem party at all.

:lol:

I'm not a grumpy asshole....I'm a gregarious one.  And you're still outmatched.  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed!  But, that's not gonna help the Dem party at all.

:lol:

I'm not a grumpy asshole....I'm a gregarious one.  And you're still outmatched.  :lmao:

I guess you're not self aware enough to twist the bold into a threat, because I was suggesting that if we did that you wouldn't make it.

Just now, Wildboer said:

I guess you're not self aware enough to twist the bold into a threat, because I was suggesting that if we did that you wouldn't make it.

Do you have a sandwich card where you can give yourself a checkmark everytime you use the term "self aware"?  Is it like a free six inch sub after 20 times or something?  Shit...you're gonna be up to your ass in 6 inch subs!!!!!  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Do you have a sandwich card where you can give yourself a checkmark everytime you use the term "self aware"?  Is it like a free six inch sub after 20 times or something?  Shit...you're gonna be up to your ass in 6 inch subs!!!!!  

Maybe it comes up a lot because it's an accurate description of your behavior...

Just now, Wildboer said:

Maybe it comes up a lot because it's an accurate description of your behavior...

Are you this boring and unwitty in person?  No wonder you are single.  And EVERY HUMAN is apparently on your mating possibilities list!  JESUS.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Are you this boring and unwitty in person?  No wonder you are single.  And EVERY HUMAN is apparently on your mating possibilities list!  JESUS.

I would have to push away people I care about to be in a committed relationship, why would I ever want to do that?

Also I'm quite a hoot in person.

8 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I would have to push away people I care about to be in a committed relationship, why would I ever want to do that?

I find that first comment somewhat intriguing.  But I don’t want to unpack that right now.

Don’t short yourself, you’re quite the “hoot” on the intranets also!

11 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Your new nick name shall be Hoot.:lol:

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Your new nick name shall be Hoot.:lol:

I'm picking up nicknames left and right, a customer just Nicknamed me Alexa after the Amazon Echo because I cite articles and statistics so often when he brings up politics. A bartender nicknamed me Benny the Hat a month or so ago. Now I'm Hoot. 

@Zambroski The customer that I just said calls me Alexa. He's a Trump supporter and he says stuff I'd consider racist and we get along great. Instead of bringing up racism I just throw facts out that contradict those statements without passing judgement. I've even told coworkers not to call him racist. Doesn't sound much like me on here, huh? 

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

I'm picking up nicknames left and right, a customer just Nicknamed me Alexa after the Amazon Echo because I cite articles and statistics so often when he brings up politics. A bartender nicknamed me Benny the Hat a month or so ago. Now I'm Hoot. 

@Zambroski The customer that I just said calls me Alexa. He's a Trump supporter and he says stuff I'd consider racist and we get along great. Instead of bringing up racism I just throw facts out that contradict those statements without passing judgement. I've even told coworkers not to call him racist. Doesn't sound much like me on here, huh? 

Cool story,you are such a hoot.

• Haha 2