Check your account email address ×

HEY! Lights are back!!!

17 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Nobody is offended by happy holidays, however in a work place when you are told you cannot say or display anything that says christmas for fear of offending others, ya that irks a few people, and rightfully so.

Nobody should be offended either way.  The ones falsley "policing" these greetings out of selective outrage and liberal fascism should get Moto's "wall".  :lol: @motonoggin

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Big difference though...Zam at least makes sense most of the time. :lol:

:lol:

He tries really hard though.  I give him credit.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody cares wut U think tho.

Go feed momo.

:lmao:

I don't feed Momo, that's Uncle Snotty's job. Heard he has a large supply of special pudding for Momo. :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, SSFB said:

I don't feed Momo, that's Uncle Snotty's job. Heard he has a large supply of special pudding for Momo. :lol::lol:

I'd like to follow more of his posts but it's clear I'm way out of my understanding element with these old rivalries.  I do enjoy reading it all though...and laughing and laughing.  :lol:

Nobody should be offended either way.  The ones falsley "policing" these greetings out of selective outrage and liberal fascism should get Moto's "wall".  :lol: @motonoggin

:lol:

He tries really hard though.  I give him credit.  

I feel anyone should be able to wish anyone else in the work place a happy( insert religious holiday here) without any offence being taken. Wish me a happy kwansa (SP) and I see it as a friendly gesture not something I would be offended by. Place a black jesus on your desk, and I see it as an expression of your faith, and another's faith is certainly no threat to my faith. In a free society we should be free in the workplace to celebrate as we see fit as long as it is not interfering with ours or our co-workers productivity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muskoka Rider said:

I feel anyone should be able to wish anyone else in the work place a happy( insert religious holiday here) without any offence being taken. Wish me a happy kwansa (SP) and I see it as a friendly gesture not something I would be offended by. Place a black jesus on your desk, and I see it as an expression of your faith, and another's faith is certainly no threat to my faith. In a free society we should be free in the workplace to celebrate as we see fit as long as it is not interfering with ours or our co-workers productivity.

"Snowflakes" is a relatively old and played out term.  But it's still relevant as hell.  They've turned into a group of people that actually look for reasons to be offended.  And if they cannot find them, actually create them.  Weird mental disorder.

"Snowflakes" is a relatively old and played out term.  But it's still relevant as hell.  They've turned into a group of people that actually look for reasons to be offended.  And if they cannot find them, actually create them.  Weird mental disorder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

And you can...  Do you have any examples of a company policy or handbook that prohibits wishing someone a happy (insert religious holiday)?

Neal

Just now, Zambroski said:

Here in Canada it is in full force, and is now to the point where we have laws that actually will result in the courts taking action if you refuse or purposefully use the wrong pronoun to address a person. This pertains to the new and exciting list of some 56 pronouns strange confused people have simply made up. 

2 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Here in Canada it is in full force, and is now to the point where we have laws that actually will result in the courts taking action if you refuse or purposefully use the wrong pronoun to address a person. This pertains to the new and exciting list of some 56 pronouns strange confused people have simply made up. 

When you say canada...you should clarify ontario as well....we are not as easily offended in the west.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:lol: Nails it.

Poor Neal.

3 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

I heard about that.  WOW.

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And you can...  Do you have any examples of a company policy or handbook that prohibits wishing someone a happy (insert religious holiday)?

Neal

While this is school related, it is one that came to mind, and there are thousands. 

In 2007, a controversy arose when a public school in Ottawa, Ontario, planned to have the children in its primary choir sing a version of the song "Silver Bells" with the word "Christmas" replaced by "festive". In 2011, in Embrun, Ontario, near Ottawa, some parents were displeased when a school replaced the Christmas concert it had held in previous years with a craft sale and winter concert scheduled for February

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

When you say canada...you should clarify ontario as well....we are not as easily offended in the west.

That is federal legislation just recently in the senate, although it was Ontario legislation prior to the feds adopting it. Not surprising being we have a lesbian activist for our Premier. remember, Canada has become Ontario since Gerald Butts started being Trudeau's puppet master.

5 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

While this is school related, it is one that came to mind, and there are thousands. 

In 2007, a controversy arose when a public school in Ottawa, Ontario, planned to have the children in its primary choir sing a version of the song "Silver Bells" with the word "Christmas" replaced by "festive". In 2011, in Embrun, Ontario, near Ottawa, some parents were displeased when a school replaced the Christmas concert it had held in previous years with a craft sale and winter concert scheduled for February

So a decade ago the planned word swap?  Did the word swap happen or was the word Christmas used?  :dunno:

Scheduling the winter concert in February instead of December somehow didn't let kids say happy (insert holiday here)?  :dunno:

Those are the examples of people being barred from wishing a happy (insert holiday here) to coworkers or fellow students?  

Neal

That is federal legislation just recently in the senate, although it was Ontario legislation prior to the feds adopting it. Not surprising being we have a lesbian activist for our Premier. remember, Canada has become Ontario since Gerald Butts started being Trudeau's puppet master.

True...but Trudeau is not well liked out here...

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

So a decade ago the planned word swap?  Did the word swap happen or was the word Christmas used?  :dunno:

Scheduling the winter concert in February instead of December somehow didn't let kids say happy (insert holiday here)?  :dunno:

Those are the examples of people being barred from wishing a happy (insert holiday here) to coworkers or fellow students?  

Neal

It is ok, I get it. You argue just to argue and have no real point. Carry on, oh, and Merry Christmas.

It is ok, I get it. You argue just to argue and have no real point. Carry on, oh, and Merry Christmas.

I like to argue, sure.  I pick out fallacious points and argue against them.  You presented one, thus the reply.  :bc:

And merry Festivus you!

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

True...but Trudeau is not well liked out here...

If it were not for Toronto and his pandering to the 55% of residents not born here, he would have no support in Ontario either. I guess that is why he wants to fast track citizenship for immigrants before the next election. After all, it was his father's plan to import liberal voters and he plans to one up dear old daddy.

No need, seems the guy just likes to spin in circles never really addressing the underlying topic. Not worth my time.

Ahh, I did address it, I asked for some examples, you presented a 10 year old planned (unsure if executed) word change in a Christmas song and a schedule change for a winter concert...  Perhaps you can now see how silly those are for examples of the point of a company barring a seasonal greeting.  :dunno:

Neal

If it were not for Toronto and his pandering to the 55% of residents not born here, he would have no support in Ontario either. I guess that is why he wants to fast track citizenship for immigrants before the next election. After all, it was his father's plan to import liberal voters and he plans to one up dear old daddy.

Turban head might take some votes from him hopefully.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ahh, I did address it, I asked for some examples, you presented a 10 year old planned (unsure if executed) word change in a Christmas song and a schedule change for a winter concert...  Perhaps you can now see how silly those are for examples of the point of a company barring a seasonal greeting.  :dunno:

Neal

No, you were wrong about the amount of people upset by this, and provided nothing to prove otherwise, unless you think your simple assertion is to be taken as proof. I am done with you as I have already stated, you are not worth my time. Enjoy your day bud.