Check your account email address ×

Who is the biggest piece of shit on FS????

ckf

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

He saws wood because the broke dick bastard is too poor to afford Natural Gas or Propane.  

Fucking insurance company tacks on 25% for a woodstove here....kinda erases any savings....but still nice to have wood heat.

Just now, DAVE said:

Fucking insurance company tacks on 25% for a woodstove here....kinda erases any savings....but still nice to have wood heat.

Depending on what you have to pay for a cord or how much your time is worth, Natural Gas is generally much cheaper than wood.  Although, eastern hardwood has a BTU content nearing coal.  Here we have no hardwoods so the BTU content is complete shit.  Fuel oil is more efficient/cheaper than Birch and Spruce like we have here.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Depending on what you have to pay for a cord or how much your time is worth, Natural Gas is generally much cheaper than wood.  Although, eastern hardwood has a BTU content nearing coal.  Here we have no hardwoods so the BTU content is complete shit.  Fuel oil is more efficient/cheaper than Birch and Spruce like we have here.  

I get the wood for free...but the time it takes cutting and bringing it back from the north it sure as hell isnt worth it....but the wife likes a fire if ya know what i mean. :lol::wall:

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I get the wood for free...but the time it takes cutting and bringing it back from the north it sure as hell isnt worth it....but the wife likes a fire if ya know what i mean. :lol::wall:

Oh yea, I know exactly what you mean.  

I generally burn about a cord per year.  Outside in the firepit next to the lake or in the chiminea on the deck.  My wife wants no part of wood or ashes in the house, thank god.  

We have a fireplace in the living room.  Every once in a while I can talk her into letting me have a fire.  The next day every ash must be vacuumed out. I need to just put a gas insert in there.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And I said I’d never let another Marine hurt my heart again.  Fucking jar heads!!!!

:cry:

“Lumpy”? :lmao:

:lol:

Internet hierarchies.  And you’d better stay in line!!!!!!!!!  Troublemaker!

:lmao:

Sayyatotheallyoucaneatbuffet! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh yea, I know exactly what you mean.  

I generally burn about a cord per year.  Outside in the firepit next to the lake or in the chiminea on the deck.  My wife wants no part of wood or ashes in the house, thank god.  

We have a fireplace in the living room.  Every once in a while I can talk her into letting me have a fire.  The next day every ash must be vacuumed out. I need to just put a gas insert in there.  

My dad put a gas insert in yrs ago...best thing he ever did he said... :bc:

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

He saws wood because the broke dick bastard is too poor to afford Natural Gas or Propane.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I don't care how efficient or inefficient wood is, I'll always like a good fire in the fire place.  The one here heats up the first floor pretty good.  Last house had a wood burning insert.  I think thats the best compromise if you like a natural fire, but still really efficient and can offset the heat bill.  I still have a couple cords out back, just from cutting trees on my lot, we probably burn about a cord a year too, between the fireplace and firepit. :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My bad...I thought you and Saya were friends.:thumbsup:

I've seen him 4, maybe 5 times. Rode with him once.  :dunno: He's friends with Paul Sled Solutions 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

And I said I’d never let another Marine hurt my heart again.  Fucking jar heads!!!!

:cry:

“Lumpy”? :lmao:

Internet hierarchies.  And you’d better stay in line!!!!!!!!!  Troublemaker!

:lmao:

:lol::lmao:

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't care how efficient or inefficient wood is, I'll always like a good fire in the fire place.  The one here heats up the first floor pretty good.  Last house had a wood burning insert.  I think thats the best compromise if you like a natural fire, but still really efficient and can offset the heat.  I still have a couple cords out back, just from cutting trees on my lot, we probably burn about a cord a year too, between the fireplace and firepit. :bc: 

Natural fire places FTW :bc:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Hey, remember when MACHZNOT proposed a Freedomsledder TOUGH-MAN contest, about 7 years ago? 

I think it's a great idea. Everybody meet-up someplace, put on gloves and headgear, and punch the shit out of each other!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

remember when mzn was the fs.com site faggot ? lmfao sbyl but it is fact !:baby:

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't care how efficient or inefficient wood is, I'll always like a good fire in the fire place.  The one here heats up the first floor pretty good.  Last house had a wood burning insert.  I think thats the best compromise if you like a natural fire, but still really efficient and can offset the heat.  I still have a couple cords out back, just from cutting trees on my lot, we probably burn about a cord a year too, between the fireplace and firepit. :bc: 

Cord wood is old school, pellets and corn is where it's at!  

2017m250-3.jpg

I actually want a wood fireplace in the bedroom.  We have electric now and it's nice for being clean but sucks for ambiance.  

We go through a couple cord per year for bonfires and pit fires too.  Good shit!  :bc:

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

2017m250-3.jpg

I actually want a wood fireplace in the bedroom.  We have electric now and it's nice for being clean but sucks for ambiance.  

Neal

Nice set up.

To fill the bulk bin, yes.  Also a 4" from the bulk bin to the stove.  :bc:

2017m250-3desc.jpg

Neal

Ya figured you had it to stove.... You have a grain truck or just a buddy fills you up?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya figured you had it to stove.... You have a grain truck or just a buddy fills you up?

Gravity wagons.  All the regular corn crop goes to the elevator for sale, we just combine (most) of the food plots for my fuel.  I have about 1/3 of a 2500 bushel bin filled with corn for burning. 

I live on a farm and do farm and ranch.  :bc:

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

Gravity wagons.  All the regular corn crop goes to the elevator for sale, we just combine (most) of the food plots for my fuel.  

I live on a farm and do farm and ranch.  :bc:

Neal

Sweet....im surrounded by farms where I live...mostly canola. :bc:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Sweet....im surrounded by farms where I live...mostly canola. :bc:

There are some stoves out there that could burn that!  I bet you could get bulk canola for low $$.  When I started this hydronic heating project I want a boiler from LEI but those units are big $$.  If I had a commercial space or very large shop 60x120 or something like that I would have invested in one.

https://bioburner.com/shop/cat-biomass-heating-systems/bio-burner-bb-300/

Neal

31 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

2017m250-3.jpg

We go through a couple cord per year for bonfires and pit fires too.  Good shit!  :bc:

Neal

Wow, thats your set up.  Pretty nice.  Does the corn give off any smell?

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I had a wood fireplace for years. Fuck that. NG for the win. Push a button and flip the fan switch. Beautiful. 

NG here too but we barely use it.  We have a couple Fujitsu mini splits, one in the family room/kitchen and another in the master, which covers the heat down to about 10 degrees, and then I'll kick on the furnace.  6 zone Buderus boiler which I'm told is a quality unit and will last a long time.

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There are some stoves out there that could burn that!  I bet you could get bulk canola for low $$.  When I started this hydronic heating project I want a boiler from LEI but those units are big $$.  If I had a commercial space or very large shop 60x120 or something like that I would have invested in one.

https://bioburner.com/shop/cat-biomass-heating-systems/bio-burner-bb-300/

Neal

I could i could....were planning on moving back to Ontario sooner or later so not putting any money into the shack anymore. 

Hopefully its sooner then later...but the wife has to find that special place....im hoping that happens when we head back after Christmas. :lol: