Check your account email address ×

All of your vettes and mustangs are belonging to us

Anler

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I think it's funny that the electric car premise is about practicality, sensibility and good for the environment.  Ah yes this is what Telsa is about.  Ha Ha.

I think it's pathetic that you cant see the value in RENEWABLE energy and the advantages that vehicles like this can have, especially in racing...

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I think it's pathetic that you cant see the value in RENEWABLE energy and the advantages that vehicles like this can have, especially in racing...

I think it's pathetic the way some prance around this site hating on the wealthy of this country and then praise a car marketed towards those same people.  Disingenuous, look it up.

Badass car but if it is going to be anything like the last roadster they put out you will probably not be able to buy one even if you did have the outrageous amount of money needed as there will be a 3+ year wait list and you will probably not even get it as they will stop production before the wait list is finished.

17 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I think in 20 years more than half the cars sold will be electric. The electric motor was always superior it was the battery that held up wide spread adoption. 

40 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute was commissioned by the Swedish Transport Administration and the Swedish Energy Agency to investigate litium-ion batteries climate impact from a life cycle perspective. There are batteries designed for electric vehicles included in the study. The two authors Lisbeth Dahllöf and Mia Romare has done a meta-study that is reviewed and compiled existing studies.

The report shows that the battery manufacturing leads to high emissions. For every kilowatt hour of storage capacity in the battery generated emissions of 150 to 200 kilos of carbon dioxide already in the factory. The researchers did not study individual brand batteries, how these were produced, or the electricity mix they use. But if we understand the great importance of the battery here is an example: Two common electric cars on the market, the Nissan Leaf and the Tesla Model S, the batteries about 30 kWh and 100 kWh.

Even before buying the car emissions occurred, corresponding to approximately 5.3 tons and 17.5 tons of Carbon Dioxide. The numbers can be difficult to relate to. As a comparison, a trip for one person round trip from Stockholm to New York by air causes the release of more than 600 kilograms of carbon dioxide, according to the UN organization ICAO calculation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/20/tesla-car-battery-production-releases-as-much-co2-as-8-years-of-gasoline-driving/

Edited by Snake

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Who the fuck is going to drive their Tesla for 8 years?

20 years ago when GM was making concept electric cars they envisioned a rolling chassis with an interchangeable body. Reason being is that the service life of an electric power plant could far out live the day to wear on things like car doors and seats.   

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute was commissioned by the Swedish Transport Administration and the Swedish Energy Agency to investigate litium-ion batteries climate impact from a life cycle perspective. There are batteries designed for electric vehicles included in the study. The two authors Lisbeth Dahllöf and Mia Romare has done a meta-study that is reviewed and compiled existing studies.

The report shows that the battery manufacturing leads to high emissions. For every kilowatt hour of storage capacity in the battery generated emissions of 150 to 200 kilos of carbon dioxide already in the factory. The researchers did not study individual brand batteries, how these were produced, or the electricity mix they use. But if we understand the great importance of the battery here is an example: Two common electric cars on the market, the Nissan Leaf and the Tesla Model S, the batteries about 30 kWh and 100 kWh.

Even before buying the car emissions occurred, corresponding to approximately 5.3 tons and 17.5 tons of Carbon Dioxide. The numbers can be difficult to relate to. As a comparison, a trip for one person round trip from Stockholm to New York by air causes the release of more than 600 kilograms of carbon dioxide, according to the UN organization ICAO calculation.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/20/tesla-car-battery-production-releases-as-much-co2-as-8-years-of-gasoline-driving/

Carbon dioxide? This technology is still developing and is going to get better and more efficient. And harvesting, transporting, processing, refining and bringing NON RENEWABLE natural resources is not less impactful on the environment and is not sustainable. Ffs

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think in 20 years more than half the cars sold will be electric. The electric motor was always superior it was the battery that held up wide spread adoption. 

Well I started this thread merely from a performance standpoint because clearly there is advantages to electric motors. And then we got all caveman... :lol:

28 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well I started this thread merely from a performance standpoint because clearly there is advantages to electric motors. And then we got all caveman... :lol:

The thing is I think people will always want an internal combustion engine. Sure this new wiz bang electric car goes zero to a million in a half second but it sounds like blender. People still ride horses and I think 100 years from now they will still drive cars that run on gas.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The thing is I think people will always want an internal combustion engine. Sure this new wiz bang electric car goes zero to a million in a half second but it sounds like blender. People still ride horses and I think 100 years from now they will still drive cars that run on gas.

Hey I ride a 2 stroke snowmobile because I love it. But the EV tech is progress IMO. 

14 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

After test driving that P100 I have zero reason to doubt Musk's claim below.

“Driving a gasoline sports car is going to feel like a steam engine with a side of quiche,” said Musk.

42 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Hey I ride a 2 stroke snowmobile because I love it. But the EV tech is progress IMO. 

I have range anxiety with the cars, but I’d ride an electric sled in a heartbeat. 100 plus miles on a charge and plugs in front of all the bars and restrants and I’m hooked!

Edited by Edmo

Once complete, Tesla expects the Gigafactory to be the biggest building in the world – and entirely powered by renewable energy sources, with the goal of achieving net zero energy.

The company I work at is very involved in the Tesla Gigafactory project. Naysayers need to know that Tesla may be the first manufacturer in the world to actually walk the walk when it comes to Co emissions.

https://www.tesla.com/gigafactory

3 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Oh btw, how did you equate what I said relating to the value of renewable energy?   I am not hating on any advantages, it's who this car is marketed to and how the very same people that hate the wealthy would praise this car, that is marketed to the very group that they consider despicable.

Edited by racer254

36 minutes ago, bussman said:

I like how people think EV’s are something new. :lol: 

Had Tesla’s free and open energy not been high jacked the internal combustion engine would of died by 1920. 

No they had little to no range back in the early days. Not to mention at the turn of the century very few people had electricity.

6 minutes ago, bussman said:

Hence the free open source energy idea. 

Tesla was both brilliant and insane ......the open source energy thing was comprised of mostly pipe dreams. So they say anyways. I state this as a person who thinks Tesla was likely the most influential man that ever lived as far as legacy achievement 

• Gold Member

At spending $8000 a minute  with no profit to show for it I think within a few years Tesla may be on the level of Enron type fucking to its investors...  I don't think tesla will make transportation and vehicles going into the next decade.....  I think they will be a large scale energy storage company like they have shown limited success in such places as australia.

Just now, BOHICA said:

At spending $8000 a minute  with no profit to show for it I think within a few years Tesla may be on the level of Enron type fucking to its investors...  I don't think tesla will make transportation and vehicles going into the next decade.....  I think they will be a large scale energy storage company like they have shown limited success in such places as australia.

Musk is a brilliant innovator.....I dont think he is at all concerned about money at this point. You are literally a fucking fly on a piece of shit compared to the intellect of that man