Check your account email address ×

Princeton Professor: Climate Change Activists are a ‘Cult’

• Platinum Contributing Member

:read: God I love firing up the MMGW nuts.  

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/02/17/princeton-professor-climate-change-activists-are-cult.html

Princeton physics professor William Happer believes that this “cult” of activists often has little evidence to back up its claims about what is actually causing global warming.

“…Any time you confront them, instead of talking about the science, they talk about 97% agree with us, we have to be right, so that’s what I meant by cult,” Happer told the FOX Business Network’s Stuart Varney.

Happer doesn’t believe humans are to blame for the changes we are seeing in the global climate.

“You know I think most of the climate change we’re seeing is natural, the climate has always changed…,” he said.

“It’s a problem with science illiteracy and most people don’t realize that the normal C02 levels have typically been measured in thousands of parts per million, not the puny 400 or so we have today and the Earth thrives. So the idea that the Earth has never had high C02 levels, it’s completely false, most of the time it’s never had such low levels as we have now,” he said.

What could a Princeton Professor possibly know.... oh that's right.... probably a whole lot of expertise there. But what he suggests won't be popular since it doesn't add credibility to governments ability to tax the hell out of everyone and spend piles of money on "green" solutions.

Just now, 02sled said:

What could a Princeton Professor possibly know.... oh that's right.... probably a whole lot of expertise there. But what he suggests won't be popular since it doesn't add credibility to governments ability to tax the hell out of everyone and spend piles of money on "green" solutions.

At least he has a level headed approach to the topic.   I have to say I agree with him in many of his points.

44 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I assume he'll be boycotted by the tolerant left since we can only differing opinions that the left agree with when it comes to scie... pretty much anything.

:lol:

49 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

For nothing?  You can't be serious?  

Yeah, if global climate change isn't real, and we have increased our efficiency and cleaned up our environment it'll be a huge waste. 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

But what if we became more efficient and cleaner for nothing? 

That'd be ironic. 

For nothing... what a fool. All this green energy crap in the name of the climate has cost 100's of $B's collectively around the globe

Just now, 02sled said:

For nothing... what a fool. All this green energy crap in the name of the climate has cost 100's of $B's collectively around the globe

Oh, you thought I meant the technology would cost nothing. 

That's a pretty goddamned stupid way to interpret what I said, but you do you brah.

17 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Oh, you thought I meant the technology would cost nothing. 

That's a pretty goddamned stupid way to interpret what I said, but you do you brah.

Either way most of it has been an enormous waste period.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Either way most of it has been an enormous waste period.

I know, right? 

Enough energy hits the earth in a day to power it for a year but we shouldn't try and harness that at all because we like wars and money and 'baitin.

But what if we became more efficient and cleaner for nothing? 

That'd be ironic. 

That's the only reason I tend to stay clear of the GW arguments.  Do I think what we are doing makes a difference in the end?  Not really.  Does it hurt to try and stop polluting the shit out of what we have?  Not really.  

Here's the rub though, are the governments over regulation and taxation around the world really helping anyone but themselves?  Not really.

• Like 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

I know, right? 

Enough energy hits the earth in a day to power it for a year but we shouldn't try and harness that at all because we like wars and money and 'baitin.

Trade the Military Industrial complex for the Environmental Industrial complex is what the left has in mind no?

39 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Trade the Military Industrial complex for the Environmental Industrial complex is what the left has in mind no?

I'd like to see a national initiative for mass build out of renewables. The sunbelt would be the best target for solar energy. Coastal areas could utilize tidal energy, high plains could have wind and probably solar once panels become efficient enough to work well on cloudy days. 

The storage issue is very close to being solved. Decentralized production and storage would probably be the best way to get built in redundancy and improve efficiency of the delivery of the stored and produced power. 

We could get it to a point where power is so plentiful it'd be almost free. 

4 hours ago, Winterman said:

It's tough to admit you're wrong after 5 to 10 years of foaming at the mouth and chest pounding. 

Who is doing that?

I'd like to see a national initiative for mass build out of renewables. The sunbelt would be the best target for solar energy. Coastal areas could utilize tidal energy, high plains could have wind and probably solar once panels become efficient enough to work well on cloudy days. 

The storage issue is very close to being solved. Decentralized production and storage would probably be the best way to get built in redundancy and improve efficiency of the delivery of the stored and produced power. 

Mass storage is a minimum of 10 years out if not more. Solar Panels are not all that efficient yet and the cost is still pretty high on return. At this stage the foot print would be to large for Solar to make a meaningful dent in our electrical needs. Plus I think photo-voltaic panels are stifling other ideas in the world of solar. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Mass storage is a minimum of 10 years out if not more. Solar Panels are not all that efficient yet and the cost is still pretty high on return. At this stage the foot print would be to large for Solar to make a meaningful dent in our electrical needs. Plus I think photo-voltaic panels are stifling other ideas in the world of solar. 

I like the molten salt/lithium batteries. I've seen/read a few interesting things about them. Can be used as a dump for excess electricity and heat. Pretty interesting stuff.

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who is doing that?

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who is doing that?

No one. It's too tough on the MMGW crowd to admit the hard line they've been peddling was wrong. 

I am all for alternative energy that could be cleaner or more cost effective in the future, but "the sky is falling " bs is just that. BS. 

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

16 years